Quit a TF

Snarky

So... My Snarky butt quit a Task Force Sunday. It is something i really try not to do.  I try to understand when peeps leave for RL reasons. A Synapse on Saturday took 2:35 and we were down to 5 peeps on the last mission. We finished

Yeah but Sunday I rage quit lol. Posi 1.  I switch sides. I am on my 14 Tank Rogue who is soloing all Redside content. Invul/Dark and with as many procs ATO sets and uniques as you can cram on at 14. Not squishy

we fill and start. I have no taunt at this level and so eace ahead if the team to take the alpha. They are all squishies. Team lead is a squid and there is not a melee in the group but me

i get pasted. Hit Dull Pain and eat every insp and dead in 15 seconds. The team lead was set at +4. It happens. I have made a mistake before. Just the one

the team lead says he will change it after mission. Fair enough i guess. I would have restarted. The team wipes of course. The leader is giving pep talks “we got this”

i mau have said something sarcastic. Yeah probably.  The team leader responds. “ Why did you run in?”

okay. That irritated

so i just calmly say “ task forces are usually run at + 0/x1 for speed and merits”

and another voice aays “not everyone runs that way.”

that was all i had in me. Not going to run a half hour with that team. I quit. Maybe i should have stayed

ran a Posi 1 later stull at 14 exp stopped and got through it 59 minutes. Wipe at city hall steps on last mish. Because someone could not stay away from the door while we cleared.  Ut we got through it pretty good

anyway. Sorry if i pissed anybody off on Snarkrot mu Redside Rogue Zombie Tank. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

So... My Snarky butt quit a Task Force Sunday. It is something i really try not to do.  I try to understand when peeps leave for RL reasons. A Synapse on Saturday took 2:35 and we were down to 5 peeps on the last mission. We finished

Yeah but Sunday I rage quit lol. Posi 1.  I switch sides. I am on my 14 Tank Rogue who is soloing all Redside content. Invul/Dark and with as many procs ATO sets and uniques as you can cram on at 14. Not squishy

we fill and start. I have no taunt at this level and so eace ahead if the team to take the alpha. They are all squishies. Team lead is a squid and there is not a melee in the group but me

i get pasted. Hit Dull Pain and eat every insp and dead in 15 seconds. The team lead was set at +4. It happens. I have made a mistake before. Just the one

the team lead says he will change it after mission. Fair enough i guess. I would have restarted. The team wipes of course. The leader is giving pep talks “we got this”

i mau have said something sarcastic. Yeah probably.  The team leader responds. “ Why did you run in?”

okay. That irritated

so i just calmly say “ task forces are usually run at + 0/x1 for speed and merits”

and another voice aays “not everyone runs that way.”

that was all i had in me. Not going to run a half hour with that team. I quit. Maybe i should have stayed

ran a Posi 1 later stull at 14 exp stopped and got through it 59 minutes. Wipe at city hall steps on last mish. Because someone could not stay away from the door while we cleared.  Ut we got through it pretty good

anyway. Sorry if i pissed anybody off on Snarkrot mu Redside Rogue Zombie Tank. 

I've talked with Snarky and ran with Snarky multiple times, especially for incarnate trials. You're a good/talented player, Snarky. We all have bad days. Least you're man enough to share when you made a mistake. That's more than most people would do.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Okay so Sunday i was on a new alt and did not quit a Posi 1. Although by the end i think everyone on the team prob wished i had.  Re-using the name Snarkbone for a new zombie Savage Will Brute.  Scrapperlocking with no armor to speak of. It was brutal.  

the first team wipe. Not my fault. Someone did the doorstep thing.  Second wipe. Half my fault. I charged one if the two inside groups. Did not coordinate or anything.  Someone pulled the second group. My armor folded like a taco

third team wipe was my fault. The doppelgangers and i thought i ate enough inspiration efore jumping in. I was wrong

but the fourth attempt we pished through. 1 hour. Happiness. Sadness. And scene

This is becoming my posi report card thread lol. Quit another posi1. Almost same situation except the guy never mentioned it was a intentional +2 for exp in the ad and didnt even want ti talk about it. So i quit

then i ran a Posi 1 on my tank. Really good team. Except maybe 1 or 2 new people. Maybe just 1. I was on invul with taunt. Some i/o. As many as you can cram on. He was exemplared from 25. So he was solid. It was a rough run. 1:07. Multiple team wipes. Every newb mistake made none missed. Including rushing  in to fight doppelgangers without waiting for team to assemble And buff first   No. It wasnt me making ALL of the errors. Just my usual ones. 

but we got through that one. Team was even in a pretty good mood. Laugh off the pasting. I love our server

except the +X low TF farmers. That crap is like sand in my shorts

11 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This is becoming my posi report card thread lol. Quit another posi1. Almost same situation except the guy never mentioned it was a intentional +2 for exp in the ad and didnt even want ti talk about it. So i quit

then i ran a Posi 1 on my tank. Really good team. Except maybe 1 or 2 new people. Maybe just 1. I was on invul with taunt. Some i/o. As many as you can cram on. He was exemplared from 25. So he was solid. It was a rough run. 1:07. Multiple team wipes. Every newb mistake made none missed. Including rushing  in to fight doppelgangers without waiting for team to assemble And buff first   No. It wasnt me making ALL of the errors. Just my usual ones. 

but we got through that one. Team was even in a pretty good mood. Laugh off the pasting. I love our server

except the +X low TF farmers. That crap is like sand in my shorts

I really dont understand why anyone would try running a + lvl TF at that level unless at least one member was a well built exemped build able to likely solo it set for a larger team. However its important to understand that no one is really a tank at that level even a tank simply lacks too much of the tool kit one needs to take point solo against the likes of Vahz.

best suggesting I can give is make a good set of franken slot low end IO bits to get the most out of a couple powers slots. Thats how Ive largely negated being stuck with such reckless pugs when running low end TFs. But frankly I rarely if ever run a posi at lvl. Id much prefer running exemped even as a mid 20s toon who has begun to be properly IO setted. At least the 2 ATO sets are imo a real must if you want to pug low lvl tfs and use whatever you can get rather then a sg/friend static team run.

Thats part of the challenge ofcourse. You go in with a good well oiled team adn you can run at +4 with no big deal. a few supports running leadership. a stealth user with recall etc will take all the teeth out of even that dif.

• 2 weeks later

I have yet to quit a single TF I've been in. Though I create the team in 97% of them and 'tank' them each time by popping insps and running in first. Sometimes I die in the earliest TFs, but meh.

In endgame content, I could kinda write off +4 being an accident.  For an on-level group starting a Synapse?  Honestly, if I zoned into that first mission and saw a see of purple with no advance warning, I'm not so sure I'd feel guilty dropping right there and then.  But I'm always the type that with TFs or similar, I start low and figure I can scale the difficulty up if things are getting too steamroll-y.  Somehow, I've managed to avoid the infamous +4 Synapses that I seem to hear about a lot but haven't experienced since the game came back (I do think it happened to me once way back in the day, though).

On 1/7/2020 at 5:09 AM, Sovera said:

I have yet to quit a single TF I've been in. Though I create the team in 97% of them and 'tank' them each time by popping insps and running in first. Sometimes I die in the earliest TFs, but meh.

Ive been on a few TFs that Sovera ran, always went well.  

==

As to the level issue, I've also noticed you get some of that if the Team Lead is underleveled on signature TFs.  

One of my issues is i don’t start my own Task Forces.  I keep an eye on channels about half time looking for something to join

this does make me available for helping teams that would otherwise maybe be short. I am a sucker for something like “Redside DFB doing a badge run needs 4”.  I have been known to bring in a heavy to fill out those teams

it also puts me at the whim of whoever is running a TF lol

I wouldn't sweat it.

Like most, I think quitting a tf is a major no-no, to only be done in extreme circumstances - which I've yet to encounter. That said, when you have the knowledge that you have about your character, and familiarity with dealing with CoT, you already know that the issue was at that low level, you simply lack the slots to have enough protection in those circumstances. The only way I imagine you'd have come out of that would have been with a couple of savvy defenders/corruptors/controllers that had complementary buffs/debuffs. 

Here's a pro-tip: if you're a savvy player, go to p2w, get a summons pet and envenomed dagger. Do posi 1 & 2 solo. You'll finish almost as fast as a decent team, and faster than a lousy one, regardless of AT. (hit your sg base for an invis buff so you can stealth for an hour - you'll be done in 40 minutes easily.)

Teaming can be fun. Likely a lot more fun with a good team - but it's hit or miss if you find it in LFG. After a time, you recognize certain globals and gain a small understanding of their in-game knowledge by their comments in the help channel. Then you'll know who to team with and who to avoid. That said, I'd rather team with a nice person who's new and ignorant than a savvy jerk.

• Like 2

+4 Posi sounds like a fun challenge.   But to do it with a random pick-up group who didn't know what's what you were doing and had time to plan accordingly?  That'd just be a special kind of hell.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 12/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, Snarky said:

This is becoming my posi report card thread lol. Quit another posi1.

Note to self: Don't run Positron with Snarky.  😛

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:31 PM, OrcaFide said:

Snark was adequate but kind of rude in psynapse tonight. (To be expected with that name.) 😛

I did a Synapse with Snarky last week, also.

When I noticed the name, I expected him to be entertaining.  I was not disappointed.  🙂

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Awww rage quitting pickup team task forces. But the game is so easy now..

minor kudos for owning it.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Yeah i quit another one tonight unfortunately. I really wanted the badge on a lvl 20-25 redside tf. But it was set at +4 with no mention. I tried for half a mission.  But CoT at +4?  We were getting nowhere. It wasnt even a rage quit. I just sighed and turned off the comp.  Did a ITF later on my main. Lot of lowbies so we cleared it Oldschool style.  I am okay with that. Just not getting dumped into an impossible TF with no notice that it is dialed to FU. Did a lot of crafting when i logged back on. About 65 enhancers converted using the merits from the 7 Synapses i ran last week lol. Cash is good. Why are people making the TFs impossible?   

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

Yeah i quit another one tonight unfortunately. I really wanted the badge on a lvl 20-25 redside tf. But it was set at +4 with no mention. I tried for half a mission.  But CoT at +4?  We were getting nowhere. It wasnt even a rage quit. I just sighed and turned off the comp.  Did a ITF later on my main. Lot of lowbies so we cleared it Oldschool style.  I am okay with that. Just not getting dumped into an impossible TF with no notice that it is dialed to FU. Did a lot of crafting when i logged back on. About 65 enhancers converted using the merits from the 7 Synapses i ran last week lol. Cash is good. Why are people making the TFs impossible?   

How come you never quit my incarnate trials when I used to run them a lot back in the day? As a trial leader, I now feel like I missed out because Snarky didn't quit one of my trials >:O 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

You never led anything that was boneheaded stupid?

If this where the trial or TF leaders are supposed to say, "Challenge accepted."?  😉

• Haha 1

I try not to be a jaded WoW type player that looks down on people who dont know the mechanics or berates people who struggle

honestly i am not a great player. I run mostly Brutes because  i like to bumble through the game like a bull in a china shop

i was in a team doing a Posi 1. Even at +0 we had some dicey moments and deaths. Team splits and just a fustercluck. We are in the last mission and it is hard to get everyone to focus on getting the 4 heroes. After i post “DONT GO UP STEPS please”. Then fly over and see a teammate hop right up to city gall doors. It was a ugly team wipe. We had to clear a lot to get the doors open.   But we finished it in like 1:05. I am not happy with that but i am not spazzed out by it. 

But when you start a low end TF at +2 to +4 w/o even a courtesy mention you are doing that?  You pretty much stand on my one raw nerve. And hop. I will stay with a +1 started that way. Grumpy. If the team is doing well. Or if in the AD it mentions the conditions and why they think they got it nailed.  “Expert badge hunters with perfect team trying +2 synapse. “  Okay. I will Brute that. With a strong Brute.  But just blind drop my butt into a +4?  Nope. Not happening. 

But i snark for fun. Not to be abusive and bullying ti my fellow gamers.  Just to poke fun at the universe. And i want fun. Not impossible grinds for little rewards