What else are you playing right now?

NNDeepdish

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

you might get the prequel where you just wander around in a pitch black cave!

nah, last time I just got eaten by a Grue. Sounds more fun, to be honest.

• Haha 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

23 hours ago, Techwright said:

What ship is that?  Looks like a Spanish-American War era, but twice the stacks of the USS Maine.

In game that's a low tier cruiser, it was actually built before WWI so it is quite old. Unlike most players, I like playing all tiers, people describe low tiers as bar brawls and high tier matches as games of chess.

actual ship wiki entry 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Charleston_(C-22)

• Thumbs Up 1

dragons dogma reroll (assassin), now dragons 2 trailer got posted.

darkest dungeon 2, i like the runaway (arsonist)

kingdom hearts 3 with playable roxas mods. ff7 remake again. stocked up on pc games thatll work nice on the rog ally.

diablo 4, well betas, and soon.

um... what else... civ 6 still.

total war warhammer 3 sometimes, but i end up wanting it to be more like civ in wh, rather than the battle sim, which can get tiresome (to me).

Edited by honoroit

I've been a lifelong theme park fan and after several delays, in part due to under-powered tech, I finally got around to "unboxing" Planet Coaster, which I picked up with several DLCs on a deep-discount sale quite some time back.  Way back in the day (Sherman set the Wayback Machine to 2001), I was considered one of the better Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 themed ride creators in the official forums, and I tackled the first day of PlanCo gameplay in similar fashion.  Well and good.  However, I made the mistake of going to YouTube for additional instruction and inspiration and I've been quickly overwhelmed and utterly gobsmacked by the level of detail some of the great players have put into their creations.  One instruction video I viewed went into intricate detail regarding what should be considered in a true park representation, right down to the measurements for office space in the headquarters building.  After this and several others, I felt simultaneously both challenged and terrified to the point of throwing in the towel. 😱 I've opted for challenged.  Fortunately, I've learned some of the best parks take anywhere from a year to 18 months to design and build.  Not sure if that means working 1 to 5 hours a night, or 80 hours a week, but it does mean I have time.  I should have a decently-themed kiddie coaster by then. 🤪

One of my favorites by the experts so far has been Brickburgh.  The level of detail is just incredible.

I've been playing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It's pretty amazing if you were a Castlevania Symphony of the Night fan. It's a love letter to that but with not ps1-era graphics. It's not especially new but is in the current Humble Metroidvania bundle with some other good stuff like Hollow Knight. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Going old school lately. Myself and my 2 younger brothers, have all been doing our own re-play through of Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant. Going back a few years to the MS-DOS days.

It's still my most favourited RPG in that style and never was able to settle on anything else. Thankfully wizardry 8 scored well and uses a very old unreal engine I think. You can transfer your party from game to game too.

• Like 1

Was enjoying Mechwarrior 5 with all the DLC. First time playing it since the release a few years back when the AI and spawns were a mess. Much better now, and the DLC story missions are surprisingly well-written with attention to lore minutiae.

Small dashes of Age of Empires 4, which I got during a summer sale.

Very excited for Baldur's Gate 3 in a few days. Don't expect to be back in Paragon for a very long time.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

Remnant II until BG3 hits PS5 in a few days.

Really can't wait till BG3. Gotta make my sorlock tiefling and do some heinous honorable acts for the people.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 8/1/2023 at 4:34 PM, OldManMercy said:

Mostly single player titles. Revisiting Skyrim, Surviving Mars, Valheim, Borderlands 2. If I had a comp capable of pushing it, I'd be playing Marvel's Avengers and Icarus.

AltAvengers.jpg

Did the Avenger game ever truly improve?  I'd heard rumors of the developers making a mediocre effort at repairs and ultimately deciding to move on.

I snagged it for a few bucks having heard that it was good apart from some grindiness, which I can usually deal with. I rage quit it after searching around for the tutorial level for 10 minutes then getting bored during said tutorial. Sadly this was several days past the deadline for a steam refund. I may watch a yoobs of the story stuff one day.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:43 AM, Techwright said:

Did the Avenger game ever truly improve?  I'd heard rumors of the developers making a mediocre effort at repairs and ultimately deciding to move on.

started watching the yoobs today and i evidently accidentally the mode that sticks you right in end game grind mode rather than the good story stuff. gonna try it again as it looks much better than what i was playing

On 9/3/2023 at 7:43 AM, Techwright said:

Probably asking the wrong person about improvements. I liked the game from the moment I started playing it. Devs did stop updating it, but the version that's out now is still played, just mostly by console users. They(the devs) unlocked all the costume bits for all characters, and they added Winter Soldier before stopping development. For the foreseeable future, the game will continue on all platforms.

• Like 1

A quick Civ5 update after... what, two years?  As I'm sure you must recall, I was gearing up to take on a runaway Greece with my elite Kris army (22 Kris units - the RNG was good to me - and at least half a dozen rocket artillery).  Initially the war went well, even though I didn't quite have the navy I'd hoped for.  I managed to take a good chunk out of Greece and had Athens well in my sight.

What stopped me, you may ask?  All-out nuclear war.  Within the space of 3 turns, every other civilization on the map decided my homeland would be an excellent testing ground for their nukes.  I managed to keep defensive forces out of range of the strikes, but the strikes just kept coming.  Over and over again.  It was one of those moments where I just couldn't understand how they could sustain the barrage; uranium deposits were scarce, and the yield per deposit was relatively small.

I broke in another 4 turns.  Decided Emperor level wasn't meant for me.  Or vice-versa.

I still play, but strictly just for fun - King level only, 10 civs if playing Indonesia (or any other underpowered civ), 12 civs otherwise, all on "Continents Plus" maps.  In the process, I'm discovering interesting tidbits about the game mechanics - for example, I've managed to confirm that it's relatively easy to get a cultural victory just by beating civs to the cultural Wonders.  Go figure.  I've also discovered that the Great Wall breaks the game, even after it's officially made irrelevant.  Seems like just having that Wonder keeps everyone at bay - except the Ottomans, for some reason.

• 1 month later

Reinstalled Avengers and am liking it pretty well playing the campaign instead of whatever i got into last time. It's flawed but cool and suitably cinematic. A couple things that bother me are they decided that 'toggling on' sprint means you run until you jump and land and then have to toggle it on again (with the screen telling you so if it's necessary for what you're doing). Seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of what 'toggle' means. The other is that I keep getting alerts that better gear is available every two seconds but there doesn't seem to be an auto-equip better gear setting. It might be that I'm just too early on and that there's gear later you might want to keep on at a lower level but it's not shown up yet so seems an odd choice. 

Generally the controls are pretty bad, but I've played worse.

I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the new dlc, but am taking a break after hitting the

Spoiler

$%@#ing forced stealth/insta kill section. I will never understand why game devs put that sort of flow killer in games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior