What else are you playing right now?

NNDeepdish

On 11/3/2021 at 2:12 PM, Heraclea said:

Heraclea (Herakleia) cuts a different and interesting figure in that game.... hello pilgrim!  Have not yet given up on it, but by racking up gear repair costs I cannot pay, that moment is probably not far off...

herakleia.thumb.JPG.cff0dbb7727a433e6529467aecfe2fbd.JPG

This is my main, Thearzah (highest of my 2 available characters... -.-   ).

Thearzah.thumb.jpg.ebc76cf946e9b07052991421013779aa.jpg

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Ditched the Stranger Things game I was playing (man, I loathe games that totally roadblock you at a certain point to get your IAPs). Got the upgraded PUBG Mobile "New State" version, and enjoying taking down suckas on the new maps. IAP/reward structure is a little harsher than before, mind, but you don't need it to play.

Upcoming: never been tempted by Borderlands really before, but Tiny Tina's Wonderlands seems very much up my street, in terms of setting, sense of humour, and dedication to enjoyment and fanservice at the expense of canon, conventions, or logic.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Replaying Fallout 3.

It's better than I remember.  This really illustrates the failings of Fallout 4 even more pointedly.

Still worse that New Vegas by a long shot, but that's a given considering New Vegas' darling status.

It crashes so frequently, even on a more modern rig, that I'm starting to remember -why- it took me so long to beat it the first time around.

Also, if you haven't done so already, @ThaOGDreamWeaver, I strongly recommend Tales from the Borderlands.  All the quirky humour and world-building of the Borderlands shooters, with some absolutely delightful characters to have fun with, but much less repetitive and grindy!  Biggest complaint is that some of the animations are really janky or disjointed in certain scenes, but that's a Telltale signature.

A few weeks ago, a friend came to see me.  "So you played Persona 5?  Tell me about it"

I told him about it.  For a full hour.

So the next day, I bought Persona 5 Royal.  88 hours in as of yesterday.

Curse my irresistible auto-suggestion skills.  If only I could use them to stop snacking at night!

I am also eagerly awaiting the release of Minecraft 1.18 Mountains and Caves update.

Where a cave or crevasse entrance went from this:

Crevasse_entrance_1-17.thumb.jpg.560e3b0d5e73ce7f7f0edd76e1d49413.jpg

To this:

Crevasse_entrance_1-18_unlit.thumb.jpg.88b33c89b3ff83a73a62b4627732c931.jpg

Much more dynamic with some truly epic caves and underwater lakes.

1-18_cavern.thumb.jpg.1285e21208f3115e0e8bb5e2244b1edf.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Recently, I took a break from playing CoH and played The Legend of Dragoon. I remember playing it with my friend back in high school. He gave the game to me, but I still couldn't finish it for years! Memory card failure and other misfortunes. Fortunately, I backed it up before the discs got too damaged, so I could still finish it on an emulator almost a decade later. 

Just for fun, I defeated the optional boss (Faust) using the most magically inept characters(Kongol and Albert). Seeing them going medieval on that senile sorcerer is quite entertaining. I also enlisted those guys again to defeat the final boss because why not? Yesterday, I finished the game once again.

A lively discussion on how to govern a country (with a few stabbings):

VBHUl94.jpgKC4jtZl.jpg

Also, unrelated to the family dispute pictured above, Meru:

LZFc4x3.jpg

• 1 month later
On 4/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, TheOtherTed said:

With the recent release of Mount & Blade: Bannerlords, I rediscovered M&B Warband.  I feel like a wimp, though, 'cause I always pick either the Sarranid Sultanate or the Rhodok Republic as my starting area.  Someday, maybe, I'll be gamer enough to return to Swadia.  Someday.

Someday has arrived.  After well over a year and a half of not playing M&B, and nearly 10 years of not playing Swadia, I'm championing the cause of King Harlaus once again.  I've even rediscovered my old strategy of playing "whack-a-mole" - capturing a few castles, leaving them without garrisons, and jumping every Johnny Wannabe who comes along looking for an easy land-grab.  As a result, my real castle (the one I actually fortify and throw prisoners into) ends up "hosting" about half the enemy lords in short time.

And with Swadia, I don't release "good guy" lords and I don't accept ransoms.

A couple other games I tend to gravitate towards.

Stream Raiders - A browser-based combat game that allows viewers to play as the army to their streamer's captain. For those of you that follow/watch streamers.

image.png.4f7965202375a5098e0c2eb24cc84ded.png

Townscaper - A very zen, simplistic city builder.

Townscaper.gif.fe035d8dbc5d671f7d06caeef321cf5c.gif

On 12/28/2021 at 2:05 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Townscaper - A very zen, simplistic city builder.

That... actually looks pretty cool.  Will have to snoop around it cautiously like a stray dog sniffing a Milkbone that's been tossed its way.

In other news, I did my holiday thing of picking an old MMO and signing on again for nostalgia's sake.  This year's pick - SWTOR.  Had a little fun with a new character, but quickly got hit with the one-two punch of failing to recover old names irrevocably lost to multiple server merges, and all the freaking walking.  Not the shortest nostalgia visit ever, but pretty close.

Mobile gaming: upgraded to PUBG New State. Lush graphics updates, new core map, new toys, upgrades can be delivered by Amazon Prime drone, you can recruit players from other teams if you knock them out and they don't quit first, kinda-sorta-ongoing "story" missions. Oh and... weirdly janky running animations, and extra long load times.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Finally got around to playing Halo: Infinite (partially because I Really wanted the related console, but never got it -> stupid bots!). I guess the semi-open world stuff is ok, but it doesn't totally feel like Halo. It's kinda like maybe Destiny or Fallout. Now, granted, this has allowed me to pause periodically and focus on collectables, but the story flow feels stagnant at times. I don't play true MP, so while that's probably awesome for That, I feel a little let down compared to the previous games.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

5ERwHwL.jpg?1

Recently, I played F-19 Stealth Fighter. It is a cold war (DOS!) flight sim with unique gameplay not found in any other game. This game focuses more on stealth than destroying things, i.e plan your flight path to avoid radar stations and return to base in one piece. 

Still, blowing things up while flying to the main objective is possible, but doing so will attract a bunch of angry MiGs. In my opinion, it is more fun, but your career most likely won't last long. As people always say: there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.

The controls are simple (for a combat flight sim) and easy to learn. There are also several difficulty options from Green (complete beginners) to Elite (expert players).

The only thing that miffs me is the missions are randomized. Sometimes you get this:

TXU80jX.jpg?1

Other times you get THIS:

ZqgPcnF.jpg?1

Pictured: Having your heart in your mouth for the rest of your flight. Not pictured: 40 minutes time limit to destroy the enemy camp.

cant train outdoors atm as i have a broken collar bone but on a turbo trainer with a sling i can ride safely so i have been doing a couple of sessions a day on zwift.

Had the operation last week so im sidelined again 😞

So I put down Halo for a bit (I should probably beat Halo Wars 1/2 someday though) and picked up (Free on PSN) Subnautica because a friend of mine is a punk. I'm a bit upset that so much isn't explained, but at the same time I've probably played a couple day's worth of it. I'm at the point where I need to start looking things up though as I'm not getting as many 'missions' as I'd expect and based on what I've accomplished so far, I know there's so much more to do, but I've yet to figure out how to unlock them. What irritates me the Most about it is that you scan to unlock all this stuff, but it only unlocks in the menu, not in the sense that "oh hey, now I can go make this thing". IDK, like I needed another game like this. I still haven't a lot of games Or not replayed them on the PS4 (for trophies).

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later