What else are you playing right now?

NNDeepdish

The only other game I've been grinding as much as CoH is Tekken 7, but my backlog is infinite.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Assocation 44683 | The Fall of Beatwing 44995

Notable 50s: Cross Scar (StJ/WP Brute), Beatwing (Staff/SR Scrap), Twisted Samsara (Dark/Rad Scrap), Spicy Red Pepper (Fire/MA Tank), Angel Harp (AR/TA Blaster), Devil Distortion (Bio/Kat Tank)

On 10/30/2021 at 9:21 PM, Heraclea said:

I did it to see whether any of the nuisances of other MMOs have been fixed.  No, there's gear repair costs, gold sellers, A prominent official cash shop, low character limit, gear-related appearance so everybody knows you're a noob, gear scores, and an early Elder Scrolls type progression system where you can jump higher by jumping often to boost your jumping stat.  I suspect I will tire quickly. 

2021 and designers are still putting these things in games?

I'd rather just install Progress Quest and watch it run. 😛

http://progressquest.com/

Heraclea (Herakleia) cuts a different and interesting figure in that game.... hello pilgrim!  Have not yet given up on it, but by racking up gear repair costs I cannot pay, that moment is probably not far off...

herakleia.thumb.JPG.cff0dbb7727a433e6529467aecfe2fbd.JPG

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 2 weeks later

On 10/30/2021 at 11:21 PM, Heraclea said:
On 10/30/2021 at 9:08 PM, Optimum_Man said:

I heard from everyone that it’s broken. They found a way to hack it or something. I don’t like playing new MMOs because I like SOME of the kinks to be worked out before i join, but I REALLY didn’t like the crowd that seemed to be headed there. Looked like trouble from a mile away.

I did it to see whether any of the nuisances of other MMOs have been fixed.  No, there's gear repair costs, gold sellers, A prominent official cash shop, low character limit, gear-related appearance so everybody knows you're a noob, gear scores, and an early Elder Scrolls type progression system where you can jump higher by jumping often to boost your jumping stat.  I suspect I will tire quickly. 

And crafting, a metric crap-tonne of crafting. requiring you to harvest, mine, chop, fish, pillage boxes scattered around, so that you can cook, weaponsmith, armoursmith, tanning, loom cloth, make potions, just to name a few...*

The whole 'faction' thing is a mess more often than not leading to one faction controlling the majority of the zones on the server. And in reality, it's not the factions but coalitions (guilds) controlling the cities.

At least the PvP is a toggle so you can 'pretty minecraft' in peace.

*An apparently on the test server that just went up, they increased the crafting XP x4 to get to skill level 200.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Check out PK's CoH Modder's thread or my Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified sounds? Check out Solerverse's thread.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

On 11/3/2021 at 2:12 PM, Heraclea said:

Heraclea (Herakleia) cuts a different and interesting figure in that game.... hello pilgrim!  Have not yet given up on it, but by racking up gear repair costs I cannot pay, that moment is probably not far off...

herakleia.thumb.JPG.cff0dbb7727a433e6529467aecfe2fbd.JPG

This is my main, Thearzah (highest of my 2 available characters... -.-   ).

Thearzah.thumb.jpg.ebc76cf946e9b07052991421013779aa.jpg

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Check out PK's CoH Modder's thread or my Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified sounds? Check out Solerverse's thread.

I've been hooked on Crusader Kings 3 during the pandemic.  Between that and City of Heroes, I haven't really needed another game.  CK3 may be my favorite computer game of all time, and I'm embarrassed about how many hours I've logged playing.

Ditched the Stranger Things game I was playing (man, I loathe games that totally roadblock you at a certain point to get your IAPs). Got the upgraded PUBG Mobile "New State" version, and enjoying taking down suckas on the new maps. IAP/reward structure is a little harsher than before, mind, but you don't need it to play.

Upcoming: never been tempted by Borderlands really before, but Tiny Tina's Wonderlands seems very much up my street, in terms of setting, sense of humour, and dedication to enjoyment and fanservice at the expense of canon, conventions, or logic.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRITIES!

Look out for me as: Miss Dream Weaver (Psi/Emp), Ranger Emily (AR/Devices), Dr Amy Weaver MD (DP/Emp), Dr Regan Sprungler (Beam/Ninja), Agatha Heterodyne (Robots/Devices)

Replaying Fallout 3.

It's better than I remember.  This really illustrates the failings of Fallout 4 even more pointedly.

Still worse that New Vegas by a long shot, but that's a given considering New Vegas' darling status.

It crashes so frequently, even on a more modern rig, that I'm starting to remember -why- it took me so long to beat it the first time around.

Also, if you haven't done so already, @ThaOGDreamWeaver, I strongly recommend Tales from the Borderlands.  All the quirky humour and world-building of the Borderlands shooters, with some absolutely delightful characters to have fun with, but much less repetitive and grindy!  Biggest complaint is that some of the animations are really janky or disjointed in certain scenes, but that's a Telltale signature.

A few weeks ago, a friend came to see me.  "So you played Persona 5?  Tell me about it"

I told him about it.  For a full hour.

So the next day, I bought Persona 5 Royal.  88 hours in as of yesterday.

Curse my irresistible auto-suggestion skills.  If only I could use them to stop snacking at night!

I am also eagerly awaiting the release of Minecraft 1.18 Mountains and Caves update.

Where a cave or crevasse entrance went from this:

Crevasse_entrance_1-17.thumb.jpg.560e3b0d5e73ce7f7f0edd76e1d49413.jpg

To this:

Crevasse_entrance_1-18_unlit.thumb.jpg.88b33c89b3ff83a73a62b4627732c931.jpg

Much more dynamic with some truly epic caves and underwater lakes.

1-18_cavern.thumb.jpg.1285e21208f3115e0e8bb5e2244b1edf.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red

I'm one of the ones who bought the GTA remastered trilogy on Switch. Yes it has bugs and character models are as bad as they say, but so far San Andreas is quite playable. I like being able to simply turn off the screen to pause, and then literally pick it up again later. 

Recently, I took a break from playing CoH and played The Legend of Dragoon. I remember playing it with my friend back in high school. He gave the game to me, but I still couldn't finish it for years! Memory card failure and other misfortunes. Fortunately, I backed it up before the discs got too damaged, so I could still finish it on an emulator almost a decade later. 

Just for fun, I defeated the optional boss (Faust) using the most magically inept characters(Kongol and Albert). Seeing them going medieval on that senile sorcerer is quite entertaining. I also enlisted those guys again to defeat the final boss because why not? Yesterday, I finished the game once again.

A lively discussion on how to govern a country (with a few stabbings):

VBHUl94.jpgKC4jtZl.jpg

Also, unrelated to the family dispute pictured above, Meru:

LZFc4x3.jpg