Just Introducing myself

Ilovetacos

Hi everyone I just heard about this and I played this years ago. I absolutely loved this but I am late to the welcome wagon. But I am here now. I am just here to intro myself and am right now working on downloading what I need to play. Can not wait to get back into this. 

Just now, siolfir said:

Hi! Depending on when you played before there may be some new things to get caught up on, but you're in the right spot to find them or ask questions.

I'm more of a burrito person, though.

Lol hey to each their own. haha. But last time I actually got into playing was back in maybe 2010. So I am sure there is a lot to get caught up on.

Welcome! I've found the forums super friendly, and 99% of the people in-game are just as groovy (well, we're literally the same people).

Good to have to with us!

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Here's what you should know starting a hero.

The bonus powers you got like sands of mu are available from a p2w vendor by where you first appear.  You do have to look through their powers to see which ones are free - some attacks, a jump pack, and ninja run.

You have 3 basic choices for starting content.   The game introduces you to Matthew, a story arc contact.   You can go into city hall and talk to the old starting contacts,  or you can join a dfb team.  Dfb is death from below. A 20ish minute team mission that many players do.  

If you want to solo go to a contact. If you want to team do dfb.

2 hours ago, Ilovetacos said:

I have logged into the game and working on creating my toon now. 🙂

If you're anything like me you'll be in the creator for 90 minutes and even then hit ICON at least three times before level 10 just to tweak things.  🙂

Welcome back!

5 minutes ago, Sura said:

If you're anything like me you'll be in the creator for 90 minutes and even then hit ICON at least three times before level 10 just to tweak things.  🙂

Welcome back!

Lol yeah I was in the creator for about an hour or more lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ilovetacos said:

I decided on Excelsior. I got to level 4 already but am not going much further at the moment i find it not as satisfying as i would unless I had someone to play with. 

There are sg's recruiting but they are basically all 50s doing lvl 50 content.   There are lower level teams.  If you do Hollows you can usually recruit a team to join you. 

3 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

There are sg's recruiting but they are basically all 50s doing lvl 50 content.   There are lower level teams.  If you do Hollows you can usually recruit a team to join you. 

i try to ask around looking for a group but so far no luck so im solo so far 

9 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

The only way to find a group is using the lfg channel.   Daytime it is hard to find groups.  Evening it should be reasonable.  U.s. time.

i already know how to post about looking for a group i just get no responses but you may be right about day and night time. I am in US it is 7:30 pm here now so I may try again soon.

26 minutes ago, Ilovetacos said:

i try to ask around looking for a group but so far no luck so im solo so far 

Consider watching the Looking for Group channel for "DFB" a.k.a.  "Death From Below".  There's usually several per hour running, and with full teams.  It's basically an MMO dungeon designed for the new characters to gain experience, and that happens rapidly running it.  If you've never done it, tell your teammates.  I've generally found the teams to be very helpful to first time runners.  Also, listen closely if they talk about doing the badges.  There's some precise qualifications, especially for the first one, but if you pay attention, it is not hard.

After that (and people do run it repeatedly, sometimes up to the low 20s, though there are diminishing returns after 15 or 16, I believe) Hollows missions are sometimes grouped, and there's definitely DIB, a.k.a.  "Drowning in Blood" for the 15+ team-ups.  Sometimes people call out for a team to help with the Atlas story missions, so there's that as well.   All of these help move you quickly up to level 20 and past the endurance drain challenges of the teen levels.

Oh, and welcome back!

EDIT:  Looks like you posted about knowing the LFG channel right before I posted.  Well, hopefully you knew about the DFB as well then.  Cheers!

Edited by Techwright

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Consider watching the Looking for Group channel for "DFB" a.k.a.  "Death From Below".  There's usually several per hour running, and with full teams.  It's basically an MMO dungeon designed for the new characters to gain experience, and that happens rapidly running it.  If you've never done it, tell your teammates.  I've generally found the teams to be very helpful to first time runners.  Also, listen closely if they talk about doing the badges.  There's some precise qualifications, especially for the first one, but if you pay attention, it is not hard.

After that (and people do run it repeatedly, sometimes up to the low 20s, though there are diminishing returns after 15 or 16, I believe) Hollows missions are sometimes grouped, and there's definitely DIB, a.k.a.  "Drowning in Blood" for the 15+ team-ups.  Sometimes people call out for a team to help with the Atlas story missions, so there's that as well.   All of these help move you quickly up to level 20 and past the endurance drain challenges of the teen levels.

Oh, and welcome back!

well that helped alot thank you. And thank you 🙂