Focused Feedback: Electrical Affinity - Powers (Build 2)

Jimmy

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic. Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.
  • Known issues that will be fixed in a future build will be listed in purple.

New Support Powerset: Electrical Affinity

"You are able to control and manipulate electricity to aid your allies and weaken your enemies. Some Electrical Affinity powers build Static, which increases the number of targets your Circuit powers can chain to. Others consume Static to increase their effectiveness."

• A shocking new support powerset brought to you by @Cipher, @Jimmy, @GuyPerfect and our resident powers guru @Captain Powerhouse.
  • The set has been built around chaining powers and a stacking / combo system that's similar to those found in many of the more modern melee and ranged damage sets, with a focus on wide variety of buffs for the whole team as well as damage and endurance debuffs for your enemies.
  • Electrical Affinity also introduces and makes use of a brand new mechanic which allows powers to dynamically change the number of targets they can hit - in this case, the four Circuit powers hit more targets for every stack of Static that you currently have.
  • The set is currently available only as a Defender Primary. It will be ported to other support ATs after testing and feedback.

Thank you for all the incredibly helpful feedback on this new powerset! We've heard your concerns about Circuit powers not being able to hit the caster and the set requiring a bit too much clicking, so we've gone ahead and made some changes:

1. Circuit powers can now jump back to the caster
  2. Discharge has been replaced with Galvanic Sentinel, a debuffing pet

This is actually something of a rewind for us. Earlier versions of this powerset had summons and allowed Circuits to jump back to the caster, but we opted to remove the summons as they were taking over the identity of the set. This resulted in there being no reliable way to have Circuits jump back to the caster, so we then balanced the set around that not being possible (which included things like having a reliable Static spender in Discharge, and having Static heal you when consumed).

Now that Circuits are able to jump back to the caster again, we've removed the heal on Static consumption and have been able to replace Discharge with Galvanic Sentinel (a cute little ball of electricity that's BFFs with Voltaic Sentinel) which aids the overall identity of the set instead of eclipsing it.

Galvanic Sentinel helps us solve our two key problems:

1. It reduces the number of powers you need to regularly fire off to effectively use the set
  2. It enables any AT / Powerset combo to reliably loop Circuit powers back to themselves (by targeting the Sentinel)

Galvanic Sentinel has a very simple function: It casts Discharge - yes, the power it replaced. The Sentinel will now fire this off at regular intervals so you don't have to. The lifetime of the Sentinel is determined by the number of Static stacks you consume when summoning it - from 30 seconds with no stacks to 80 seconds at 5 stacks.

Additionally, we've made Faraday Cage easier to use by halving the cast time and increasing the radius and duration, and Circuit powers will now intelligently prioritise jumping to specific targets depending on the circumstances.

Lastly, we've renamed the set from Shock Therapy to Electrical Affinity. We feel this new name is more in-keeping with the current roster of support powersets. If you wish to discuss the name change, please use this thread.

Changes to all Circuit Powers

• Circuit powers can now bounce back to the original caster
  • Each jump will now prioritise the entity type of the original target
    • If you target a player, all jumps will prioritise players
    • If you target a pet, all jumps will prioritise pets
  • The number of targets Circuit powers can hit is doubled at 5 stacks (increasing to 12 total)

Powers

• ShockTherapy_Shock.png.47ac6e7922aa47a49b8a4f9b0a01c904.png T1: Shock (Ranged, Foe -End, -Recovery, -DMG, Self +Static)
    • Strike a single foe with a highly-charged electrical shock, draining some endurance and moderately reducing their recovery and damage output. Shock grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Moderate
  • ShockTherapy_RejuvenatingCircuit.png.9d37e1718186c520d2153b9a61fdfe38.png T2: Rejuvenating Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally Heal, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of healing energy between two nearby allies, healing them for a small amount. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will heal the next target for less. Rejuvenating Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Moderate
      • Rejuvenating Circuit will now prioritize jumping to low-health targets
  • ShockTherapy_GalvanicSentinel.png.b58b41d878755ee68754ec83933028a7.png T3: Galvanic Sentinel (Summon Galvanic Sentinel: Ranged Debuff Special)
    • Summons a Galvanic Sentinel to your aid. The Galvanic Sentinel shocks and weakens your foes. The duration of the Galvanic Sentinel scales with the number of stacks of Static you have. Galvanic Sentinel will consume all stacks of Static. The Galvanic Sentinel can be buffed and healed, and may be targeted with your Circuit powers. Recharge: Slow
      • This power has replaced Discharge
      • Known issue, fixed in an upcoming build: The Sentinel is inheriting +recharge, +range and -end cost from the summoner
      • Known issue, fixed in an upcoming build: The Sentinel is playing its on-the-ground VFX whilst in the air 
      • Known issue, fixed in an upcoming build: Dark theme summon VFX isn't playing correctly
  • ShockTherapy_EnergizingCircuit.png.8a9a5dc9b610aae36727dab25de5034b.png T4: Energizing Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally +End, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of pure energy between two nearby allies, restoring a small amount of their endurance. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will restore less endurance to the next target. Energizing Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow
      • Energizing Circuit will now prioritize jumping to low-endurance targets
      • This power has been moved from T8 to T4
      • Known issue, fixed in an upcoming build: Energizing Circuit does not chain back to the caster
  • 23345712_index(1).png.1b4c0554c35eefaf23422283a20502cc.png T5: Faraday Cage (Location (PBAoE), Team +Res(All DMG but Toxic, Status, Knockback, -Rech, -Rec, -End))
    • Create a large energy barrier at your location which provides all allies within resistance to all damage except Toxic. They are also protected from status effects, knockbacks, endurance drain, recovery debuffs and recharge debuffs. Casting this power again will move the energy barrier to your location. Recharge: Slow
      • Duration has been increased from 30s to 240s
      • Cast time reduces from 2.07s to 1.03s
      • Radius increased from 20ft to 25ft
      • Now grants resistance to all damage types apart from Toxic (instead of just Energy, Negative and Psionic)
      • The VFX has been softened up a bit to make it easier on the eye inside mission maps
      • The cage will no longer fall to the ground if cast midair
      • This power's icon has been updated
      • Known issue, fixed in an upcoming build: +Resistance enhancement are not functioning
  • ShockTherapy_EmpoweringCircuit.png.1fea10aa19ad95294de2f3546ddb6384.png T6: Empowering Circuit: (Ranged (Special), Ally +DMG, +Special, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of empowering energy between two nearby allies, increasing their damage output for a short time. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will empower the next target for less. Empowering Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow
      • Empowering Circuit no longer grants +special
      • This power has been moved from T4 to T6
  • ShockTherapy_Defibrillate.png.4240c0c29aaf0058ef648d0c6d0a5ed4.png T7: Defibrillate (Melee (Targeted AoE), Ally Rez, Self -Static)
    • Strike a defeated ally with a highly-charged jolt of electricity, reviving them and any other nearby defeated allies. The amount of health and endurance allies revive with scales with the number of stacks of Static you have. Defibrillate will consume all stacks of Static, and each stack consumed in this way will restore a small amount of your health and endurance. Recharge: Long
  • index.png.f5fb8575eb7ab70f373c9a5d7f5f6319.png T8: Insulating Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally +Absorb, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of protective energy between two nearby allies, granting them a small protective shield. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will shield the next target for less. Insulating Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow
      • Insulating Circuit will now prioritize jumping to low-health targets
      • This power has been moved from T6 to T8
      • This power's icon has been updated
  • ShockTherapy_AmpUp.png.9996c312ee1471de094ef91f460cef0e.png T9: Amp Up (Ranged, Ally +Special, +Recharge, Self -Static)
    • Empower an ally with raw energy, causing all of their abilities to unleash chained bolts of electricity at nearby foes. These bolts drain a small amount of endurance and have a chance to knock up the target. Amp Up also moderately increases their attack rate and greatly boosts the secondary effects of their powers. Their power effects like heals, defense buffs, endurance drains, disorients, holds, immobilizes and more, are all improved. The recharge bonus of this power increases in strength with the number of stacks of Static you have. Amp Up will consume all stacks of Static, and each stack consumed in this way will restore a small amount of your health and endurance. Recharge: Very Long
  • ShockTherapy_Static.png Static (Circuit Boost, +Movement Speed)
    • Every stack of Static you have increases the number of targets your Circuit powers can chain to, as well as increasing your movement speed by a small amount, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. Casting Galvanic Sentinel, Defibrillate or Amp Up will consume all stacks of Static.
      • Consuming stacks of Static will no longer restore a small amount of your health and endurance.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Why was +Special removed from Empowering Circuit? Redundancy with Amp Up? Personally I liked the set having an emphasis on +Special, helping the set have a unique identity (along with its chaining)

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Any chance you made the abilities less aggressive at breaking emotes? It's currently worse than kinetics for RP trolling.

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

I like the changes! I still think that -End powers are fundamentally flawed in that they aren't that useful and it's really difficult to get any mileage out of them. This is true of other -End sets as well, not just this one. As others have suggested, I think adding some kind of bonus or benefit for these sets for when a target HITS 0 end would be really cool.

This could be something like a -recovery debuff or that the caster regains some endurance. This would make those sets feel like their -end powers aren't completely useless. 

16 minutes ago, Bartacus said:

I like the changes! I still think that -End powers are fundamentally flawed in that they aren't that useful and it's really difficult to get any mileage out of them. This is true of other -End sets as well, not just this one. As others have suggested, I think adding some kind of bonus or benefit for these sets for when a target HITS 0 end would be really cool.

This could be something like a -recovery debuff or that the caster regains some endurance. This would make those sets feel like their -end powers aren't completely useless. 

Had hoped for something regarding endurance drain and electrical blast powers/sets to be address while adding this set. I'm likely about to be distracted by the shiny of two floating voltaic pets so wanted to say it out loud before being distracted like a cat chasing two beams of light at once.

First impression: Galvanic Sentinel lasts 30 seconds. That's half the duration of Voltaic Sentinel which is just long enough to cast between mobs most fights. Galvanic may be forgotten after an initial cast to start a mission.

Galvanic on a defender is -15.63 damage debuff. I believe this was a request for a secondary effect for electrics either from the start or once you fully drained a target. This scaling with defenders at least gives endurance drains a positive for them (yes folks: Endurance blast drains do NOT scale better for Defenders and I wish it did).

Edited by Rejolt
  • Sad 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

I love these changes, basically fixes every problem I had with this set. I also like that the three remaining static spenders are all longer cooldowns you don't really spam so much, giving you more opportunity to build static and have it for the circuits to benefit from.

Without having actually gotten on to test some more, my only remaining gripe with it is the static spenders displaying 'special' in their detailed info rather than listing useful information like 'x% per stack'. But that's not an issue unique to this set, more a general grumble about all powers with that functionality.

Will test some more later. Also I never got an answer in the original thread unless I missed it - is proliferating this to other support ATs planned for this update before it goes live or will that happen later?

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Haven't had much time to play around but:

* The new pet is simple and doesn't do a lot, but I definitely understand why it exists. It's so your powers can chain back to yourself while by yourself. Suddenly, FOUR of your powers that weren't usable on yourself can now be used. That's a useful change. That said, all my feedback for this pet below.

1) The duration is too short. Like obnoxiously short. The duration is 30 seconds, and I know it's longer for each stack of Static, but that seems like a bad use of Static, frankly? It's hard to tell, but it seems like each stack gives an extra 10 seconds to the duration, just from playing and guessing. I'm not sure what suggestion I have here for the -Static, but duration is... well, annoying. I don't want to spend a quarter of my time just resummoning the pet.

2) The pet doesn't have any base resists, so it's likely to get killed since it's targetable. High resist to S/L/E/P/T would make a lot of sense.
3) Currently, the pet doesn't "take" name changes. On resummoning, the name is always wiped. Its faction is "Pseudopets" and rank is "Defender." That may not be a problem, but it's worth mentioning.

4) It does... very little. All it does is one single power that does a single target -End/-Dmg. And the -End it does is very small. Is there anything else it could do that would make it more worth summoning when you don't need it for the extra target?

* New Faraday Cage is really good, although it still doesn't pass on the +RES to the pseudopet, so it's stuck at 15% RES all. I almost feel like 15% RES all is a bit too much? But it does really carry the set and makes it a lot more useful. The size is larger, it sticks around more, it's quicker to cast. All good adjustments.

* Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure Energizing Circuit is that important a power to be bumped up to a high slot. All it does is +End, which is neat, but like, am I really gonna be spamming this all the time? I feel like it should do something else too, or just weakened and combined with the heal. I dunno, I'm not sure how I feel about having a power just to give people endurance. Maybe others have a different opinion.

I'm going to go test the set in a more team-focused setting to give more feedback.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, General Idiot said:

I love these changes, basically fixes every problem I had with this set. I also like that the three remaining static spenders are all longer cooldowns you don't really spam so much, giving you more opportunity to build static and have it for the circuits to benefit from.

Without having actually gotten on to test some more, my only remaining gripe with it is the static spenders displaying 'special' in their detailed info rather than listing useful information like 'x% per stack'. But that's not an issue unique to this set, more a general grumble about all powers with that functionality.

Will test some more later. Also I never got an answer in the original thread unless I missed it - is proliferating this to other support ATs planned for this update before it goes live or will that happen later?

I just looked for Affinity for MMs, Corrs and trollers and didn't see it. I'm guessing they want to lock down what the set does before they move on. I'm also curious if only corrs and def get the pet.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

I liked the previous name, but I get it. Kudos for listening to those with concerns.

Circuit powers can now bounce back to the original caster AND can prioritize player or pets. Plus the pet. Seems good, will need testing.

Thank you for the FX adjustment.

Seems like the big item that is not addressed is the zero endurance scenario.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 minutes ago, Dispari said:

Haven't had much time to play around but:

* The new pet is simple and doesn't do a lot, but I definitely understand why it exists. It's so your powers can chain back to yourself while by yourself. Suddenly, FOUR of your powers that weren't usable on yourself can now be used. That's a useful change. That said, all my feedback for this pet below.

1) The duration is too short. Like obnoxiously short. The duration is 30 seconds, and I know it's longer for each stack of Static, but that seems like a bad use of Static, frankly? It's hard to tell, but it seems like each stack gives an extra 10 seconds to the duration, just from playing and guessing. I'm not sure what suggestion I have here for the -Static, but duration is... well, annoying. I don't want to spend a quarter of my time just resummoning the pet.

2) The pet doesn't have any base resists, so it's likely to get killed since it's targetable. High resist to S/L/E/P/T would make a lot of sense.
3) Currently, the pet doesn't "take" name changes. On resummoning, the name is always wiped. Its faction is "Pseudopets" and rank is "Defender." That may not be a problem, but it's worth mentioning.

4) It does... very little. All it does is one single power that does a single target -End/-Dmg. And the -End it does is very small. Is there anything else it could do that would make it more worth summoning when you don't need it for the extra target?

* New Faraday Cage is really good, although it still doesn't pass on the +RES to the pseudopet, so it's stuck at 15% RES all. I almost feel like 15% RES all is a bit too much? But it does really carry the set and makes it a lot more useful. The size is larger, it sticks around more, it's quicker to cast. All good adjustments.

* Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure Energizing Circuit is that important a power to be bumped up to a high slot. All it does is +End, which is neat, but like, am I really gonna be spamming this all the time? I feel like it should do something else too, or just weakened and combined with the heal. I dunno, I'm not sure how I feel about having a power just to give people endurance. Maybe others have a different opinion.

I'm going to go test the set in a more team-focused setting to give more feedback.

Wow, I'm quoting a lot today...

1. Yes, 30 seconds is enough to forget it. 60 same as Voltaic Sentinel should be the starting point for testing.

2. My same issue with Voltaic Sentinel. It basically floats there waiting to do something other than charged bolts. Galvanic needs a second power (same as Voltaic, static discharge maybe)

3. I'd like to name it but they just added it so maybe it's on the to do list. Good to say outloud.

4. -Dmg is more than elec pets have done before! What else do you want it to do? -Regen?

Edited by Rejolt

3 minutes ago, Rejolt said:

I just looked for Affinity for MMs, Corrs and trollers and didn't see it. I'm guessing they want to lock down what the set does before they move on. I'm also curious if only corrs and def get the pet.

That much I know, I'm more curious if the post-locking down moving on is planned for later in this beta cycle or more like Page 6 before we see it happen.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

I feel like this is an alpha test for Electric Affinity as we're not yet in a pre-launch test phase yet.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Working as intended to have Energizing Circuit be the only Circuit power that doesn't chain back to the caster? I have to make sure everyone has these Circuits, I don't get to benefit from a boost of free endurance as well? *sad face*

Nope. Were you close enough to the other targets / did you have enough Static for it to jump back?

About to head out, but if it's definitely broken I'll check it out when I'm back.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Nope. Were you close enough to the other targets / did you have enough Static for it to jump back?

About to head out, but if it's definitely broken I'll check it out when I'm back.

I had 5 stacks built up, and it didn't jump to me. I then ran over to Sunstorm where there was no one else around, summoned Galvanic Sentinel and it didn't jump back. But the other two that I had at the time did.

Edited by Mystic Fortune
fixed typo

Two points:

1. Now that Empowering Circuit doesn’t grant +special (I am very much okay with this) the only thing it does is boost damage. I feel like there should be some secondary effect especially given its short duration, whether that be a tohit buff or a recovery/regen buff.
  2. Call me old-fashioned but I don’t think a pet that’s targetable and affectable should have duration associated with it. Galvanic Sentinel is going to be one of those powers that is a pain to use because of how often it needs to be resummoned. This might be a good time to revisit all pet summons that behave like this (Dark Servant and patron pool pets come to mind).
  • Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Very nice changes.

What I like:

1: with a pet to target, it's possible to spam Static builders and get Static up regularly. This fixes one of the previous big problems of the set.

2: with the powers now chaining back to the caster, they're usable when soloing as a Defender. This fixes the other big problem of the set.

3: I'm not yet sure if the balance between Galvanic Sentinel's duration and cast time is good... but I'm not sure it's not, either. I mean, it basically replaces your own cast times SEVERAL TIMES, with a single summons that also allows you to chain. Clearly a net benefit, though it might still feel a bit too busy with just summoning it, chaining powers for +Static, etc, in order to build up some power. Compared to other sets that work simply without needing so much finicky power activations, this is an improvement... but probably could be improved more with a +20 second increase to the base (and therefore max) duration.

What I don't like:

Endurance Drain as a good effect. It's just not that good unless it's stacked with something to fully drain, at which point it goes from worthless to great. I would really like to see a -3-5% Damage debuff on all of the draining powers so that they do SOMETHING when they fail to completely drain a target. Obviously this debuff will be superfluous when a target is completely drained, but you want to see some effect from draining half of a target's endurance.

• Like 1

Gonna make a list of what all the powers do, so that I can refer to it later when I'm not on the game. Will edit shortly Finished

•  T1: Shock (Ranged, Foe -End, -Recovery, -DMG, Self +Static)
    • Strike a single foe with a highly-charged electrical shock, draining some endurance and moderately reducing their recovery and damage output. Shock grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Moderate
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 2.00s

Recharge Time: 8.00s

Endurance Cost: 8.00

Accuracy: 1.00x

Power Type: Click

Target Type: Enemies

Power Range: 80.00 ft

Effect Area: Single Target

Attack Types: ranged

-20.00 endurance on target

-31.25% strength to all damage for 25.00s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements)

-50.00% recovery rate for 25.00s on target

•  T2: Rejuvenating Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally Heal, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of healing energy between two nearby allies, healing them for a small amount. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will heal the next target for less. Rejuvenating Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Moderate
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 1.17s

Recharge Time: 8.00s

Endurance Cost: 13.00

Target Type: Friendlies

Effect Area: ChainTarget

207.49 heal on target

•  T3: Galvanic Sentinel (Summon Galvanic Sentinel: Ranged Debuff Special)
    • Summons a Galvanic Sentinel to your aid. The Galvanic Sentinel shocks and weakens your foes. The duration of the Galvanic Sentinel scales with the number of stacks of Static you have. Galvanic Sentinel will consume all stacks of Static. The Galvanic Sentinel can be buffed and healed, and may be targeted with your Circuit powers. Recharge: Slow
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 2.03s

Recharge Time: 1m 0s

Endurance Cost: 25

Target Type: Location

Effect Area: Location

Creates Pet Galvanic Sentinel for 30.00s

Base Hitpoints: 1017.35

-Galvanic Sentinel

Power Type: Auto

Target Type: Self

Aggro Type: Enemies will not notice this attack

1.00 magnitude fly on self (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+200.00% fly speed on self

-Discharge

Activation Time: 2.03s

Recharge Time: 3.00s

Endurance Cost: 5.00

Target Type: Enemies

Effect Area: AoE – 15.00 ft. radius

-5.00 endurance on target after 0.10s delay

-15.63% strength to all damage for 10.00s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements)

• T4: Energizing Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally +End, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of pure energy between two nearby allies, restoring a small amount of their endurance. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will restore less endurance to the next target. Energizing Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 1.67s

Recharge Time: 12.00s

25.00 endurance on target (unresistable)

• T5: Faraday Cage (Location (PBAoE), Team +Res(All DMG but Toxic, Status, Knockback, -Rech, -Rec, -End))
    • Create a large energy barrier at your location which provides all allies within resistance to all damage except Toxic. They are also protected from status effects, knockbacks, endurance drain, recovery debuffs and recharge debuffs. Casting this power again will move the energy barrier to your location. Recharge: Slow
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 1.07s

Recharge Time: 32.00s

Power Range: 25.00 ft

15.00% resistance to all damage for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

30.27% resistance to endurance for 4m 1s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

30.27% resistance to recover rate for 4m 1s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements)

+30.27% resistance to recharge for 4m 1s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

12.98 hold protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

12.98 immobilize protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

12.98 stun protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

12.98 sleep protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

10.00 knockup protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

10.00 knockback protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

10.00 repel protection for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

100.00% resistance to teleport for 4m 1s on target (unresistable)

• T6: Empowering Circuit: (Ranged (Special), Ally +DMG, +Special, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of empowering energy between two nearby allies, increasing their damage output for a short time. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will empower the next target for less. Empowering Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 1.00s

Recharge Time: 15.00s

+40.63% strength to all damage for 25.00s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

• T7: Defibrillate (Melee (Targeted AoE), Ally Rez, Self -Static)
    • Strike a defeated ally with a highly-charged jolt of electricity, reviving them and any other nearby defeated allies. The amount of health and endurance allies revive with scales with the number of stacks of Static you have. Defibrillate will consume all stacks of Static, and each stack consumed in this way will restore a small amount of your health and endurance. Recharge: Long
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 3.30s

Recharge Time: 2m 0s

Endurance Cost: 26.00

Target Type: Target Incapacitated Friendly Player

Power Range: 7.00 ft

Effect Area: AoE -- 20.00 ft. radius

Attack Types: melee

Special healing for 1.00s on target (unresistable)

Special endurance on target

• T8: Insulating Circuit (Ranged (Special), Ally +Absorb, Self +Static)
    • Create a circuit of protective energy between two nearby allies, granting them a small protective shield. Every stack of Static you have will cause this power to chain to an additional ally, and the number of jumps will double at 5 stacks. Each successive jump along the chain will shield the next target for less. Insulating Circuit grants 1 stack of Static. Recharge: Slow
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 1.00s

Recharge Time: 15.00s

267.72 max absorption for 20.00s on target after 0.10s delay (unresistable)

• T9: Amp Up (Ranged, Ally +Special, +Recharge, Self -Static)
    • Empower an ally with raw energy, causing all of their abilities to unleash chained bolts of electricity at nearby foes. These bolts drain a small amount of endurance and have a chance to knock up the target. Amp Up also moderately increases their attack rate and greatly boosts the secondary effects of their powers. Their power effects like heals, defense buffs, endurance drains, disorients, holds, immobilizes and more, are all improved. The recharge bonus of this power increases in strength with the number of stacks of Static you have. Amp Up will consume all stacks of Static, and each stack consumed in this way will restore a small amount of your health and endurance. Recharge: Very Long
    • Spoiler

Activation Time: 2.57s

Recharge Time: 5m 0s

Endurance Cost: 10.40

Power Range: 8.00 ft

Grants power Amp Up

25.00% chance for 0.67 magnitude knockup on target

Special strength to healing for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to defense for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to absorption for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to endurance for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to to hit for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to run speed for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to fly speed for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to confuse for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to terrorize for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to hold for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to immobilize for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to stun for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Special strength to sleep for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+0.00% strength to recharge for 1m 30s on target (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

• Static (Circuit Boost, +Movement Speed)
    • Every stack of Static you have increases the number of targets your Circuit powers can chain to, as well as increasing your movement speed by a small amount, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. Casting Galvanic Sentinel, Defibrillate or Amp Up will consume all stacks of Static.
    • Spoiler

Power Type: Auto

+12.00% run speed on self (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

+12.00% fly speed on self (Ignores buffs and enhancements, unresistable)

Edited by Bopper
complete
  • Thanks 4

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Ty Bopper, on a team with 4 elec affinity defenders and a dark melee scrapper. The defenders have some endurance issues which is mindboggling. We're constantly clicking stuff on a cycle too. I'm going to chalk this up to set inexperience but I feel busier than my bio armor characters and elec/time toons. click-click-click-click!

The set itself is still really busy, even with the change and removal of discharge. Having the pet be a static spender and having it only last 30 seconds at the base is still a huge hassle. It would be better as a permanent fixture with a 60 second cooldown and maybe have its effectiveness scale with the amount of static you have.

Empowering Circuit, in my opinion, would be better as a long duration-long cooldown ability rather than something you have to use constantly. Instead of 25 seconds, have it last 2-3 minutes and have it on a longer cooldown, which would remove it from the constant rotation and hopefully take away from the general business of the set. Make it a defense and damage buff. That would also help with the fact that there are 3 abilities that just aren't worth slotting at all.

I appreciate the change to Faraday Cage, I still think it would be better as a toggle but I also feel that with how it is currently, that would be incredibly overpowered.

I also feel that Shock and Rejuvenating Circuit should be swapped... Because forcing all other ATs to have Shock and requiring them to pick up Rejuvenating Circuit separately is... Not good.

Edited by Auren
Better wording, I'm an idiot

🏳️‍🌈 Everlasting Player 🏳️‍🌈

Mains: First Warden, Railwarden, Lucid Dream, Capricious Keeper

Alt Mains: Radiant Vanguard, Forbearance, Trepidation, Alexandria Ward

Maybe some day I'll recover from Altoholism

The pet has hit points - why a recharge timer at all?

Make at least half of the current clicky powers longer duration and longer recharge for my.. er.. our.. the set's sanity.