Give Ms. Liberty a Break

Player2

Ms. Liberty, stands vigil in Atlas Park to train newbies who are ready to advance their powers... and under Atlas Park in Fort Trident, also ready to train people who make the extra effort to go underground... and stands ready in Independence Port to hand out task force assignment in place of the fallen Statesman.

Her powers are martial arts & invulnerability with some leaping & lightning stuff, and bonus resists when she uses her magic belt (during the LRSF) for added resists.  When did existing simultaneously in three places at once become a new power for her?  I want that power, too.

Anyway, I think she's served her time as trainer...  maybe she could get someone else to stand in for her under Atlas, and in Fort Trident.  Maybe we could move Back Alley Brawler out of that distant SW corner spot in Atlas Park... I mean, do we need 3 trainer locations on that map??  He deserves a boost after Galaxy City was lost, and standing under a tree while someone else gets center stage doesn't really seem like a good use for him in the game.  So give him the spot under Atlas.  And as for Fort Trident...  I don't know, but I'm sure someone can be found to stand in for Ms. Liberty there, too. 

Edit:  3 places at once?  No, during the month of February, she's co-existing in Pocket D in club clothes also.  I'd say she gets around, but that's not really accurate as it implies she is moving.

Edited by Player2
  • Like 2

...or even better, remove Ms. Liberty and have Lord Recluse take her place. Atlas Park should be perpetually engulfed in flames as well. Now THAT would be a very welcoming sight for new players!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

2 minutes ago, Giovanni Valia said:

...or even better, remove Ms. Liberty and have Lord Recluse take her place. Atlas Park should be perpetually engulfed in flames as well. Now THAT would be a very welcoming sight for new players!

This guy gets it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I like Statesman dead.  I hate when heroes die and get resurrected... cheapens the whole death thing.

You don't read comics, do you? And @VileTerror, you must either be trying to troll me, since you follow me everywhere leaving a confused face on my posts, or...you are simply one confused individual and smoke tons of pot. My posts aren't that confusing, dude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Not anymore, but I've read plenty, and that was the source of my remark.  People come back in the comics all the time, to the point where death is meaningless.

Unless they are a sidekick...then they typically stay dead, lol.

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Unless they are a sidekick...then they typically stay dead, lol.

Bucky, the original sidekick...  dead dead dead, nope... retconned to have never even died and he came back as Winter Soldier.  But he'll always be Dead Bucky to me.  Human Torch's sidekick, Toro, also came back from the dead.  Jason Todd, the second Robin... alive.

Sometimes it just takes longer for sidekicks to come back.

Edited by Player2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Bucky, the original sidekick...  dead dead dead, nope... retconned to have never even died and he came back as Winter Soldier.  But he'll always be Dead Bucky to me.  Human Torch's sidekick, Toro, also came back from the dead.  Jason Todd, the second Robin... alive.

I hear ya, and it is funny as hell, however, this is a game based off of comic books, and usually when they bring back dead characters, they do it based off overwhelming fan requests. So going by this logic, I still vote bring him back and put him in Atlas as a retired Hero who only serves to train up new heroes.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I hear ya, and it is funny as hell, however, this is a game based off of comic books, and usually when they bring back dead characters, they do it based off overwhelming fan requests. So going by this logic, I still vote bring him back and put him in Atlas as a retired Hero who only serves to train up new heroes.

Nope, no retired Statesman.  If he were to come back, it would be like he never left.  He'd want to be involved with his old task force and show up strike forces...  he's not some old grandpa that's good for nothing but teaching.  I would rather see an unnamed Freedom Corps representative stand in Liberty's place.  But that's unnecessary when we have Back Alley Brawler who's off in the corner barely being acknowledged.  IF, and I don't want to see it, but if Statesman were to return as a retiree only training heroes, I say relegate him to the far corner where BAB is currently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Nope, no retired Statesman.  If he were to come back, it would be like he never left.  He'd want to be involved with his old task force and show up strike forces...  he's not some old grandpa that's good for nothing but teaching.  I would rather see an unnamed Freedom Corps representative stand in Liberty's place.  But that's unnecessary when we have Back Alley Brawler who's off in the corner barely being acknowledged.  IF, and I don't want to see it, but if Statesman were to return as a retiree only training heroes, I say relegate him to the far corner where BAB is currently.

I think the main problem we are having here, is more about Jack Emmert and less about Statesman. Statesman was the Superman of this game. Jack Emmert is not synonymous with Statesman. I have never linked the two together. Jack Emmert is an idiot, Statesman was not.

I'm not entirely sure why nobody wants Statesman to come back outside of that...maybe it's easier for others to let iconic characters go forever rather than bring them back in some epic story. Whatever the case, I'm sure there is enough people who would like to see him come back to justify bringing him back. One thing I have learned, the people on these boards very RARELY reflect on what people say in game. Because of this, I take what is said on these boards with a grain of salt.

I respect your opinions, I just can't help but thing there is some biased underlining reasons that you all have for not wanting Statesman back. Maybe he is a reminder that some South Korean Company shut the game down. I'm sure killing off Statesman was not intended to be permanent. Sadly, we will never truly know.

In any case, I stand by my opinion and I say I am a huge comic book fan, I play this game because of that very reason. One of the things I loved about Comics, is if they killed off your favorite heroes, you knew eventually they would bring them back. Imagine where DC would be today without Superman...Imagine if Batman's back didn't heal. Imagine if Green Lantern stayed dead...if all those iconic heroes stayed Dead, DC would be a pretty boring comic book to read.

You say you respect my opinion, but you dismiss it as being something other than it is.  I'm saying that I do not want the character of Statesman to return.  He's dead, let him rest, because if he comes back that's just that much more cheap that death is.  And now you're saying it's because of Jack Emmert, which I mentioned to the sum of zero times.

My discussion with you is over.

• Like 2

Just now, Player2 said:

You say you respect my opinion, but you dismiss it as being something other than it is.  I'm saying that I do not want the character of Statesman to return.  He's dead, let him rest, because if he comes back that's just that much more cheap that death is.  And now you're saying it's because of Jack Emmert, which I mentioned to the sum of zero times.

My discussion with you is over.

I can respect your opinion and disagree with it all the same. Sorry I dismiss it, but that was just my thoughts. Don't let it get to you, just because I suspected your reasons were possibly a bit personal, does not mean I am right or even claim to be right. I just wanted to give you something to think about.

And if that is all it takes to offend you, then good...glad it's over, lol. Go back to your safe space, bud.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I explained my reasons very clearly.  You were looking for a way to dismiss it for whatever your reasons are, but whatever they may be, I don't care.  I'm not interesting in having discussion with someone who debates or argues in this manner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Player2 said:

I explained my reasons very clearly.  You were looking for a way to dismiss it for whatever your reasons are, but whatever they may be, I don't care.  I'm not interesting in having discussion with someone who debates or argues in this manner.

I honestly don't care. You get offended way too easy rather than just saying that is not the case. I said I suspected that may be your reasons. All you had to do was say I was wrong. Pretty easy, people tell me I am wrong all the damn time on these forums. No sweat off my back, man.

• Like 1

A TF in which the players actions resurrect Statesman sounds good.

A combo of Solarverse & Infinitums ideas: Place him in Fort Trident; either have him replace Ms. Liberty as the trainer there or have him giving level 50 incarnate missions for players, gathering intel on the Batallion.

Have Lord Recluse perform a similar role in The Crucible.

Turn both Fort Trident & The Crucible into major transportation hubs with connections to the Tunnel System, submarine (in Fort Trident only), Black Helicopter (in The Crucible only, slap a retractable roof hatch on the cave ceiling & call it done) & Base portal access for both locations.

Both locations should have crafting tables (if they don't already have) & a Ouroboros Crystal.

And open up both locations for Vigilantes & Rogues.

• Thanks 1

Or even bring him back in energy form...or bring him back as a Peace Bringer. I write comics. My avatar is one of them. I can think of ways to use Peace Bringers to bring him back. Give him a new costume, take away his old powers and grant him Kheldian Powers. There are ways to do it without bring back the last known Statesman.

I get that some people are not all about bringing back the dead...but this is a game based off comics, that is a part of what comics do. It comes with the territory.

Of course we are going to have people who don't want him back...this is the forums, where nobody can agree to anything. If the Devs only made decisions based on things everyone agrees with, nothing would ever get done and nothing would ever change.

So the best thing a Dev can do in this case, is find a half way point...which is what brought my idea of changing Statesman to a Peacebringer came from. It brings him back, but you can bring him back completely different from what he once was.

That, on top of @Shadowsleuth 's idea, should suffice. Meanwhile, since Statesman would not be replacing Ms Liberty, the OP can have his wish and swap her out for whoever.

In the end, everyone *should* be happy because both sides got a little something out of the deal.

And @Player2 , I honestly was not intending to offend you, man. Hope you don't let it bother you for too long. No hard feelings, my man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

They used to stay dead .. then Flanderization etc led to the revolving door mess. 

I favor the Strike Force Morituri way of handling death. Great power. Great cost in one year.

No thanks to having States come back. I don't dislike the character, or Jack. I do generally find the "He was only MOSTLY dead!" thing annoying. (And no KheldStates, please.) Plus, from the cutscene, it looked like accepting that was the only way he'd ever get some peace. Taking that away from the character would be cruel.

I can't argue with repurposing Trident/Crucible. I doubt most players can even find them or remember they exist, and they don't really have a purpose. Put a Mender in the corner so people don't have to ask for someone to drop a portal (though they will anyway, I know. Personally, if I get to 30 without one, I just run the science store mission in Bricks.)

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Reanimated States can go stand in Kallisti Wharf, under the big memorial statue that they built for him because he was dead.  He can give guided tours of the plaza, and people can take photos and whisper about how much smaller he looks in real life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I could see something like a rotation of trainers in  that spot - would be a very nice feature to see them relieving each other of duty, periodically.  Maybe a rotation of Ms Liberty,  BaB, and Coyote?

• Like 2

Have it so "Marcus Cole" is resurrected, but the Well had already passed on his incarnate powers to someone else.  So now he's no longer able to play with the big boys himself, but he still REMEMBERS tips and tricks for up-and-coming supers, so is useful as a trainer.

Problem solved. 

• Like 3