Very bad bug. Leader of group gets less exp and item drops. (uploaded pics for proof)

eldriyth

I have already reported this and are working with a GM on it.

ABOUT:

There is currently a bad exp bug with the leader of a group (or person that chooses the mission to do) that you can only see if you play multi-characters, (Multi-Boxing) as strangers or friends wouldn't notice it easily.

THE BUG:

When you complete a mission the exp/inf given to your leader/character who chose the mission is drastically lower than the other characters in the group. I have tested this with multiple character make-ups, all the same level of exp, and it's almost always the same. Example:  Mission is completed, Leader/Mission Selector gets 2500 EXP, rest of the team gets 10000 EXP each. Overall this is not a multi-boxing bug, but It's more-so a leader of the team gets the shaft bug. You're better off just joining groups than making one when this exists.

Edited by eldriyth

I have already reported this and are working with a GM on it.

EDITED: I did some test runs and it also appears that item drops heavily favor other characters and not the leader of the team.

ABOUT:

There is currently a bad exp bug with the leader of a group (or person that chooses the mission to do) that you can only see if you play multi-characters, (Multi-Boxing) as strangers or friends wouldn't notice it easily.

THE BUG:

When you complete a mission the exp/inf given to your leader/character who chose the mission is drastically lower than the other characters in the group. I have tested this with multiple character make-ups, all the same level of exp, and it's almost always the same. Example:  Mission is completed, Leader/Mission Selector gets 2500 EXP, rest of the team gets 10000 EXP each. Overall this is not a multi-boxing bug, but It's more-so a leader of the team gets the shaft bug. You're better off just joining groups than making one when this exists.

Here is proof of the bug in action. Notice this is a screen shot of each character right after the kill. There is no exp debt or rested exp as I show you with the outlines. I also show you every character is 32.

Lord of Pestilence - character 1 - and leader of group who gets far less exp on completion.

7QfZXmO.jpg

Lord of Decay - character 2 - Huge exp gain for 32 after completion.

VO4Vnha.jpg

Lord of Virulence - character 3 - Huge exp gain for 32 after completion.

h7PRIs1.jpg

Edited by eldriyth
  • Like 1

shoot, you'd think, if anything, it would be the opposite with a team leader getting a little extra. maybe 5-10%

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, Sakai said:

Maybe you get less XP because you are granted the ability to actually know what is going on in the mission/TF instead. 

The leader should get an equal amount of exp/inf as the rest of the group. There is no roleplaying way of explaining a blatant and obvious bug that needs some tweeks.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Does this apply to soloing or is it team specific? The “leader” of a solo team is the ...  

k done explaining. You get the question

It's only if you're in a group and you're the leader of it. You get less exp, inf, and item drops. Tested it multiple times with multiple characters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Was this reported on a team where everyone is the same level ?

If the leader is level 20 and the rest of the team is level 40 exemp down to 20, the level 40 players will get more xp than the leader who is level 20.

All of my characters were the same level, had double exp, and no debt. The leader got very little bonus exp and the other 2 characters got HUGE chunks.

Yeah but leaders get the added benefits of Merit Rewards for completed arcs in addition to unlocking certain contacts? I can understand how all the mindless council radio mission chains wouldn't notice though!

• Like 1

Here is proof of the bug in action. Notice this is a screen shot of each character right after the kill. There is no exp debt or rested exp as I show you with the outlines. I also show you every character is 32.

Lord of Pestilence - character 1 - and leader of group who gets far less exp on completion.

7QfZXmO.jpg

Lord of Decay - character 2 - Huge exp gain for 32 after completion.

VO4Vnha.jpg

Lord of Virulence - character 3 - Huge exp gain for 32 after completion.

h7PRIs1.jpg

Edited by eldriyth

Hi, I been dual boxing the last few days on my lvl 50 farmer and my lvl 15 farmer door sitting. I am using the same settings and same AE mission and doing one clearance of the large cave map.

Over about 4 clearances I saw my enhancement drops as follows, lvl 50 average 3 enhancers per run and the lvl 15 (not training) average 38 enhancers per run!

Salvage was showing a difference as well, I sell all orange drops and would have average 2 drops per run on the 50 and average 6 per run on the lowbie.

All above just for info with no insight into what is happening or why.

14 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, I been dual boxing the last few days on my lvl 50 farmer and my lvl 15 farmer door sitting. I am using the same settings and same AE mission and doing one clearance of the large cave map.

Over about 4 clearances I saw my enhancement drops as follows, lvl 50 average 3 enhancers per run and the lvl 15 (not training) average 38 enhancers per run!

Salvage was showing a difference as well, I sell all orange drops and would have average 2 drops per run on the 50 and average 6 per run on the lowbie.

All above just for info with no insight into what is happening or why.

Thank you for sharing this info. The drops are messed up for the leader too. There is no doubt about it.

Edited by eldriyth

1 minute ago, Hardship said:

I could be remembering wrong, but it seems to me that sometimes the mission owner doesn't get their XP until they call in to their contact.  Could that have been the case in this instance? 

Ooh, this triggers memories: I vaguely remember a discussion like this back in the day (but I admit that could be Mandela Effect).

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

37 minutes ago, Hardship said:

I could be remembering wrong, but it seems to me that sometimes the mission owner doesn't get their XP until they call in to their contact.  Could that have been the case in this instance? 

This was a paper mission on villain side. No contact available after it's done.

On 3/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, agentx5 said:

Do we have an update on this bug? 

ETR?

Status?

Good question. Do we have an idea of when this will get fixed? I haven't heard from the GM for a while.  This post was getting buried and nothing is being done about it so far.

I have noticed that since the February 18th patch, my farming Tanker does not receive as many recipe nor salvage drops as before.  They seem to be about a third to a half less. 

I am wondering if this is a partial explanation for the yellow salvage jump in price in the AH. 

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

I have noticed that since the February 18th patch, my farming Tanker does not receive as many recipe nor salvage drops as before.  They seem to be about a third to a half less. 

I am wondering if this is a partial explanation for the yellow salvage jump in price in the AH. 

Likewise.  Drops seem to have been stealth nerfed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

I doubt they've been intentionally nerfed: it might just be a side-effect of some other bug.  Either way, the devs should at least acknowledge the problem and let us know if/when they plan to address it.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 minute ago, Rathulfr said:

I doubt they've been intentionally nerfed: it might just be a side-effect of some other bug.  Either way, the devs should at least acknowledge the problem and let us know if/when they plan to address it.

Didn't intend it to sound that way.  I don't know why it is happening.  Regardless I'm not the only one noticing this.   Being a fairly active marketeer I notice when the market shifts.   There is much less supply and prices have risen sharply.  Whether it was on purpose or by design, it is forcing the prices closer to Live territory and I am not a fan of that.   I hated spending hundreds of millions to get a single enhancement.  I have a life, I don't want to spend 80 hours a week in game to kit out a character, that's why I dislike WoW so much.   Too many time sinks.

• 1 month later
On 3/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, Ura Hero said:

Which is why most farmers have switched to AE ticket rewards now, which also is indicative of prices dropping on market as supply increases even while exemplaring influence decreases.