Focused Feedback: New IO Sets (Build 4)

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.

New IO Sets

• Synapses_Shock.png.e86b11582a32e4f1102344b5ff9db565.png Synapse's Shock (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • The first of two new Endurance Modification sets with a damage focus, designed to be useful in endurance-draining attack powers.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Endurance Modification
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Recharge
      • Damage / Recharge / Accuracy
      • Damage / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • UNIQUE: Endurance Modification / 15% Increased Run Speed
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 7.5% Movement Speed
      • 3: 10% Slow Resistance
      • 4: 8% Regeneration
      • 5: 6.25% Recharge
      • 6: 4.5% Energy / Negative Resistance + 7.5% Mez Resistance
  • Power_Transfer.png.388c155a5c6018f984e46a69823a6268.png Power Transfer (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • The second damage-focused Endurance Modification set.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Endurance Modification
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Damage
      • Damage / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • Damage / Recharge / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • UNIQUE: Chance to Heal Self (2 PPM)
        • This proc should not be firing off multiple times in an AoE
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 6% Regeneration
      • 3: 1.35% Max Endurance
      • 4: 1.875% Max Health
      • 5: 9% Accuracy
      • 6: 7.5% Recharge
  • premature.png.d6f124ba240dce54359047217fe69987.png Preemptive Optimization (Endurance Modification, Uncommon, 21-50)
    • An Endurance Modification set with a focus on ally buff abilities that don't require accuracy or deal damage.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Accuracy / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Endurance Reduction
      • Endurance Modification / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • Endurance Modification / Accuracy / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Endurance Reduction / Recharge
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 1.8% Max Endurance
      • 3: 1.5% Max Health
      • 4: 3% Toxic / Psionic Resistance + 5% Mez Resistance
      • 5: 3.75% Recharge
      • 6: 3.75% Ranged Defense + 1.875 Energy / Negative Defense
  • Bombardment.png.29edcb4d5fb11068d0d15d24dab135b1.png Bombardment (Targeted AoE, Rare, 30-50)
    • Enhancements: 
      • Damage
      • Accuracy / Recharge / Endurance
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Accuracy / Damage / Recharge
      • Accuracy / Damage / Recharge / Endurance Reduction
      • Chance for Fire Damage (3.5 PPM)
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 5% Increased Range
      • 3: 2.25% Smashing / Lethal Resistance + 3.75% Mez Resistance
      • 4: 7% Accuracy
      • 5: 5% Recharge
      • 6: 4.5% Energy / Negative Resistance + 7.5% Mez Resistance
        • Changed from 3.75% AoE Defence + 1.875% Fire / Cold Defense
  • Bombardment.png.29edcb4d5fb11068d0d15d24dab135b1.png Artillery (Targeted AoE, Uncommon, 30-50)
    • Targeted AOE set with a Range component and two sources of Ranged Defense.
    • Renamed from Shrapnel. The icon will be replaced in a later build.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Accuracy / Damage
        • Changed from Damage
      • Damage / Endurance
        • Changed from Accuracy / Damage
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Accuracy / Damage / Recharge
      • Accuracy / Recharge / Range
        • Changed from Damage / Endurance / Recharge
      • Endurance / Recharge / Range
        • Changed from Accuracy / Endurance / Recharge
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 10% Regeneration
      • 3: 1.88% Energy / Negative Defence + 0.94% Ranged Defence
        • Changed from 2.25% Energy / Negative Resistance + 3.75% Mez Resistance
      • 4: 2% Damage Buff
      • 5: 9% Accuracy
      • 6: 3.13% Ranged Defence + 1.565% Energy / Negative Defence
        • Changed from 3.75% Ranged Defence + 1.875% Energy / Negative Defence

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Too many 10% regen bonuses.  I'd rather it be 9%, just so it's not conflicting with the myriad of other 10% regen bonuses.

Also, it's always a let-down to see Mez Resist in a set, ESPECIALLY when it's the 6-set bonus (or part of it).

The rest looks pretty good, and I like the level range for the End sets (21-50) - makes gaming the converting system easier.

• Like 1

• Jimmy pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, r0y said:

Too many 10% regen bonuses.  I'd rather it be 9%, just so it's not conflicting with the myriad of other 10% regen bonuses.

Also, it's always a let-down to see Mez Resist in a set, ESPECIALLY when it's the 6-set bonus (or part of it).

The rest looks pretty good, and I like the level range for the End sets (21-50) - makes gaming the converting system easier.

There are no 9% regeneration bonuses. It can be 8%, though. Also, Mez Resistance is always tagged along with Damage Resistance. You will never see those 2 not paired. There was a time when it was only mez resistance, but that was thankfully removed.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I hope this is the last build for these sets. They look pretty good. Let's get them to live.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I hope this is the last build for these sets. They look pretty good. Let's get them to live.

Well, I'm going to lower the regeneration of Artillery to 8% to make @r0y happy (and because I forgot to nerf anything when buffing defense on the second bonus) but other than that, they should be done.

Edited by The Curator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are the new total enhancement values at 50 for the latest build, after ED:

Synapse's Shock

Accuracy: 42.4%

Damage: 68.9%

Recharge:  73.8%

End Cost: 21.2%

End Mod: 91.8%

Power Transfer

Accuracy: 39.7%

Damage: 89.9%

Recharge: 45%

End Cost: 39.7%

End Mod: 68.9%

Preemptive Optimization

Accuracy: 68.9%

Recharge:  91.8%

End Cost: 68.9%

End Mod: 97.5%

Bombardment

Accuracy: 61%

Damage: 96.3%

Recharge:  85.7%

End Cost: 39.7%

Artillery

Accuracy: 68.9%

Damage: 95.1%

Recharge:  88.1%

End Cost: 47.7%

Range: 25.5%

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Well, I'm going to lower the regeneration of Artillery to 8% to make @r0y happy (and because I forgot to nerf anything when buffing defense on the second bonus) but other than that, they should be done.

Deal. Let's sign the papers.

• Haha 1

Just now, Vanden said:

Here are the new

I always appreciate you including these. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, The Curator said:

This is a nerf that isn't too painful which is the best kind. 8% regen is much less common and therefore less likely to conflict, so it seems pretty much perfect now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Vanden said:

Agreed, but with that whole new powerset in testing I think we might have over a month left to go...

True, if it must be including in Page 5, you're right...and maybe even optimistic. But if they wouldn't mind pushing it into page 4, I wouldn't object 🙂

2 minutes ago, Laenan said:

This is a nerf that isn't too painful which is the best kind. 8% regen is much less common and therefore less likely to conflict, so it seems pretty much perfect now.

Agreed. I think of all the LotG 2 slots I have and like the idea of deconflicting. It's a nerf that might be a buff.

Edited by Bopper

A suggestion if I may: There's already fire damage in the Blaster ATO and plenty of negative/smashing/lethal to go around, but I don't think there's a cold damage proc anywhere?

Edited by Novacat

2 minutes ago, Novacat said:

A suggestion if I may: There's already fire damage in the Blaster ATO and plenty of negative/smashing/lethal to go around, but I don't think there's a cold damage proc anywhere?

given the name of the set, I think thematically Fire or Smashing would have been the proc options. But I won't be surprised if they do a Cold Proc in the future. Perhaps they'll do a new Slow set that focuses on damage (similar to the Endurance Mod sets we're getting). That would be a great spot for a Cold damage proc.

Regarding the endmod sets:

I'm not sure how necessary the endreduc is, for those sets.  Maybe for the damage themed sets, sure, but any powers meant for boosting Recovery/Endurance already come with dramatically low Endurance costs already.

Also, this is confusing:

• An Endurance Modification set with a focus on ally buff abilities that don't require accuracy or deal damage.
  • Enhancements: 
    • Accuracy / Recharge

Why is there Accuracy in the set for powers that don't need accuracy?

Everlasting server

Main Characters: Vigilance, Firelight, Chameleon

I really think what we really need is a reasonable set for passives where we're only 3 slotting for Endmod anyway.  Quick Recovery, Stamina, etc.  There's a lot of those powers across several melee ATs and nothing feels right to slot into them

• Like 1

Everlasting server

11 minutes ago, Bopper said:

given the name of the set, I think thematically Fire or Smashing would have been the proc options. But I won't be surprised if they do a Cold Proc in the future. Perhaps they'll do a new Slow set that focuses on damage (similar to the Endurance Mod sets we're getting). That would be a great spot for a Cold damage proc.

Agreed. Fire is thematic for bombardment and something rare damage proc wise in game so it's a nice change from all the S/L and occasional Energy damage procs scattered throughout sets. 

Having more damage types would also be good for the future, including Cold in general [possibly themed in a slow set], Energy in more than just tAoEs and PBAoEs like Posi Blast and Eradication respectively, and Negative outside of the two purple sets or the two debuff and accurate healing sets it occurs in. 

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

4 minutes ago, firelightx said:

Seems like the old description before the decision was made around version/page 3/4 of the patch notes to change it from a range based buff set to a non damage based one. 

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

If it's worth anything... I might actually recommend range instead of endreduc in that one?  Extra range on buffs is a quality of life thing at best, but likely more impactful than endreduc would be, considering their low cost already

Everlasting server

35 minutes ago, Novacat said:

Cold damage was actually in the original proposal for Bombardment, for exactly this reason, but a suitable cold-themed name couldn't be found.

16 minutes ago, firelightx said:

Regarding the endmod sets:

I'm not sure how necessary the endreduc is, for those sets.  Maybe for the damage themed sets, sure, but any powers meant for boosting Recovery/Endurance already come with dramatically low Endurance costs already.

Also, this is confusing:

It was changed to this version in Build 3

premature.png.d6f124ba240dce54359047217fe69987.png Preemptive Optimization (Endurance Modification, Uncommon, 21-50)

• An Endurance Modification set with a focus on ally buff abilities that don't deal damage.
  • Enhancements: 
    • Accuracy / Recharge
    • Endurance Modification / Endurance Reduction
    • Endurance Modification / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
    • Endurance Modification / Accuracy / Recharge
    • Endurance Modification / Endurance Reduction / Recharge
      • All enhancement values have been adjusted to replace the Range component with an Accuracy component

There was justification that there is greater need for Accuracy than there is for Range, which resulted in the change.

RIP Broadside I guess! I'll reiterate what I said before about Artillery though; I think it could use more range at the expense of recharge. As it stands it doesn't compete with 5 Positron's Blast with a Range IO for the powers I was keen to use it in.