Why can't I leave my base's entrance portal?

MrSnottyPants

This morning, when I enter the base, my character is stuck inside the swirly portal.  Can't walk or fly out.  I removed the floor under it, and found I cannot fall out either.  I can get out in base edit mode.

What did I do?  And more important, how do I fix?

-- UPDATE --> I moved the portal and the problem went away.  For now - if someone knows what this about I'd really like to know so I don't do it again.

Edited by MrSnottyPants

I had just started making the base yesterday (friends are starting to play cause events).  I didn't touch the entrance that I know of - bare walls, no furnishings.  But I find I'm sometimes touching stuff without knowing 😁so maybe I dropped it into the floor just a tin bit. Hopefully it's just that.

It happens. The base builder is not super awesome. It is easy to accidentally have something in conflict with the portal.

To fix it - move the portal to where it is clear of any possible conflicting items.

Note: having done this to myself a number of times, and out of annoyance, I just don't put anything near the portal and try not to make any edits to the base portal room.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Community Rep

The portal seems to even stick when it's not interfered with, sometimes. It's a bug. Shifting the portal usually works.  Raising it above the floor works the best, so it's not touching anything.

-Dacy

Easiest solution is to raise it to the next snap point. For some reason (the whole time we've had the servers) it just does this. IDK if it's the mods they've made by unlocking everything and it's not auto-snapping correctly at first, but this seems to work Almost every time. Sometimes you need a Dev to walk in and do it.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

Interesting.

I've run into this a few times, and wondered wth was going on.  My entrance portal is in the middle of an empty room, so it's not getting stuck on any objects, as such.

I'll try raising it above the floor and see if that works... 

Definitely an annoying bug, though.

Regards,

Indeed an annoying bug, albeit not a common one. All we can do is keep bringing it up/pointing it out to the devs and maybe they will do something about it (Like making the portal object collision intangible so you can just walk through that sucker regardless).

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FourSpeed said:

Interesting.

I've run into this a few times, and wondered wth was going on.  My entrance portal is in the middle of an empty room, so it's not getting stuck on any objects, as such.

I'll try raising it above the floor and see if that works... 

Actually, it is...the floor itself is the "thing" that it's interacting with. IDK why, but it does. :/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It is really random and for instance, I have a bunch of stuff by my portal in my main base and have never had it happen; but in another base where the entry room is completely empty and the portal is where the game placed it by default, I've had the bug happen. It's like whatever records in the game define the portal's location, once in a while there's a rounding error and when you enter the base it's effectively like 1 pixel off the floor and blam, your foot gets stuck there.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I just raised my base portal and still have it happen. The base portal is now floating with me in it. Changing characters didn't fix it either.

*Relogging helped, now hope that it will take a long while to happen again.

Edited by Sealdy

I just came in to post about this. I moved the entry room to the middle of my grid so I could build around all sides of the entrance. Character gets stuck every time. There's nothing else in that room. There are only other rooms with the single block doorways connecting to the base. Oddly enough if you edit the base and move out of the entry point, and then exit the editor, you are fine.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 3/20/2020 at 2:25 PM, MrSnottyPants said:

This morning, when I enter the base, my character is stuck inside the swirly portal.  Can't walk or fly out.  I removed the floor under it, and found I cannot fall out either.  I can get out in base edit mode.

What did I do?  And more important, how do I fix?

-- UPDATE --> I moved the portal and the problem went away.  For now - if someone knows what this about I'd really like to know so I don't do it again.

Just type /stuck and you'll get out of it.

This can happen from time to time with any base.  If it's yours just enter the base editor and your character automatically moves. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291