Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020

47 minutes ago, Ritikesh said:

Uncomfortable, indeed. Immersion-breaking, immensely creepy, and not allowing us to get rid of it has me shaking my head. Let us dismiss it, please, you've had your laughs. Thing wasn't funny for even a second for me.

I bet you failed the "take care of an egg" assignment in school, too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I would make a sizable donation to leave the new Brawl in place as an optional temp power.

• Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Oof yeah gotta say the 'bring your child to work day' thing doesn't seem to be too popular ingame either...people are loving the nerf bat and the brawl changes but this...wasn't exactly well received as it is causing the server and framerates to kinda chug for some people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

I bet you failed the "take care of an egg" assignment in school, too.

So, my character I was playing today, who isn't a parent, or even human, suddenly has this kid thrust on her and is told it's hers? No, that COMPLETELY ruined immersion for me. I don't mind if others like it following them, but having no way to dismiss it or turning it off is just bad, and ultimately comes off as IMMENSELY creepy.

I mean, at the very least, shouldn't it have used the doppleganger code to actually look like our own characters?  And have been walk-through-able, like Mastermind Henchpets are supposed to be?

Baby New Year is just creepy.  Baby New Year stalking us is extra creepy.  Piles of dead Baby New Years in Ouroboros . . . 

What was the planning behind this one?  What did the pitch meeting sound like?

• Thanks 1

I think a "Take Your Kid to Work" even event can be done well, with some kind of OPTIONAL quest line.  

• key word "optional".  If a player doesnt' want to start it by not going to City Hall / whatever place, let them opt out.
  • let the player choose if it's "thier kid" or an orphan from the Rikti Wars / Praetorian Invasion / Something that they're taking under their wing.
  • maybe turn the kid into a mini-contact, asking to be shown around to various places.  You the player choose which places you want to take him to, you the player can say "Sure, Warburg?  No Problem" or "Um... no, I'd like to keep you alive, thank you very much".  
  • Maybe a Hellion Golf Mission so you can show off for the kid in a controlled environment.  Maybe a few Patrol Missions, etc.
  • Maybe introduce him to other NPCs  (Faultline and Fusionette would work well Blueside, redside umm....I dunno lol.  Redside is not very kid-friendly, lets just say.)
Edited by MTeague
  • Like 2

Um, what? I get that we are stuck with Baby New Year and all that, but we can't "care" for them (i.e. buff or heal them . . . if we were so inclined).  I guess I'll understand the floors thing when it is actually April 1st.  :P 

• Game Master
1 hour ago, Jackanapesink said:

Logging out.  Cute, but I'm too in the dark about the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Ritikesh said:

Let us dismiss it, please, you've had your laughs. Thing wasn't funny for even a second for me.

As most April Fool's traditions that are held around the Internet, this was not intended to be taken seriously.  And it's definitely temporary.  (Personally, I just imagine this as a budget version of Death Stranding now, but that's just me.)

We get it, not everyone will laugh at the joke that was intended. The game will most likely go back to normal tomorrow evening in the US.

Until then, enjoy April Fool's day however you like.

• Like 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

*Releases a major update where one of its 'features' is to be able to finally push Mastermind pets out of the way... A few hours later releases a April Fools update that activates an npc who follows you around, blocks doorways and cannot be moved or pushed out of the way.*

Troll level: Expert

Edited by Mystic Fortune
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

As most April Fool's traditions that are held around the Internet, this was not intended to be taken seriously.  And it's definitely temporary.  (Personally, I just imagine this as a budget version of Death Stranding now, but that's just me.)

We get it, not everyone will laugh at the joke that was intended. The game will most likely go back to normal tomorrow evening in the US.

Until then, enjoy April Fool's day however you like.

The problem is it can't be dismissed. I can get around it following other players, but I HATE being forced into it following me. Sorry, but that was just a BAD idea.

• Like 1

Just now, Ritikesh said:

The problem is it can't be dismissed. I can get around it following other players, but I HATE being forced into it following me. Sorry, but that was just a BAD idea.

I agree with this.  The "joke" would be funny if we could "get it" . . . and then get rid of it. There'd be a lot more appreciation for the humo(u)r if we weren't forced to tow around the ridiculously ugly Baby New Year with no way to get back to our own "reality."  I'm not even a big rp or even backstory player, but I have to say that our all-plant troll night was a bit "off" with that ugly mug towing along all night.  Now, had they been mini flytraps . . . well, that would have been super cool for bring your sprouts to work day.  As is, it's just weird to be stuck with BNY--who's always been a hideously hilariously middle-aged face stuck on a baby body monstrosity that is fun during the Holiday event but that is just off-putting and weird now.  Especially when we are stuck with it, no matter our own characters' theme or bio or anything.  Not cool.

• Thanks 1

How many roleplayers are there on the Homecoming Team?  Not the GMs, mind you, but specifically the core team.

Something I've been wondering with growing curiosity.  Who do we have on the Homecoming Team that represents us?  Who steps up to bat when changes and additions are being discussed and speaks on behalf of the roleplayers?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

We get it, not everyone will laugh at the joke that was intended.

The problem isn't the joke, it was funny - the first time I logged in and for maybe an hour afterwards while I was getting my "Take your child to work" screenie.  The problem is the that the joke not only never ends, you can't opt out.  You can't make it stop.  Then it stops being funny.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, Guardia said:

It is NOT visual only, they have a physical model and can trap you in place if a bunch are around you.

Yep. Went to play CoH to further reduce stress for a bit, and then 8 person team trying to get through doorways with 8 tiny togas. I logged after that.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."