Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020

• Developer

Take Your Child to Work Day

• To simulate a more true-to-life superhero experience, all heroes and villains must now take their children to work!
  • Your child will follow you around and will always move slightly slower than you
    • Be sure to take regular breaks so they can catch up
  • Please note that, just like real children, you cannot dismiss them and they must be cared for at all times

Powers

• Brawl
    • This power has been significantly rebalanced to ensure all characters are on an even footing
  • Nerf Bats
    • All players now have the ability to nerf each other with large foam bats
    • This change should finally ensure that the game is perfectly balanced, as all things should be

Floors

• Floors have been removed from the game

Nemesis

• Plots
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 35
  • Confused 2

Just now, ArchVileTerror said:

Mayhaps a smidge premature given the physical location of the majority of the playerbase . . . 

However, I -do- actually like the idea of Take Your Child to Work Day!  I'm all-for that being a new mission/holiday event!

As long as it like Gary the Stormtroopers take your daughter to work day.

This patch has introduced some new bugs; I noticed that my character now has a Canadian accent, and instead of the normal voice clip for Taunt, the game is instead playing the album Hi Infidelity by REO Speedwagon in its entirety whenever I use Taunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Floors

• Floors have been removed from the game

Folks told me fly was better than super jump..

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

19 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Take Your Child to Work Day

• Please note that, just like real children, you cannot dismiss them and they must be cared for at all times

Kevin McCalister disagrees.

Edited by Noyjitat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

FYI, the Toy Bat appears to be able to deal actual damage to folks like Positron and Citadel, even though they're allies. I'm sure they're somehow tagged as invincible in some way, but seeing real damage numbers over their heads makes me worry that they might actually be killable, with some effort, which would be one hell of a way to grief folks.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

I have asked in game and been told there is no way to remove it.  it really creeps me out and I been working a lot, so my gaming time is precious

if there is no way to get rid of it I will be going to WoW for a while.

any ideas?

• Thanks 1

Kinda wanna see some of this as Temp Powers...

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)