Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020

6 hours ago, CoX4ever said:

LOL Happy April's fool day to you too Curator

LOL - If only it *were* an April Fool's joke... but nope, it's all too real...

I'm sure the 3 or 4 PvPer's out there are just gonna love this...  🙂  A visible, tag-a-long to show everyone just where your stealthed character is lurking...  Nice. Perfect, even.  🙂 

I've not seen what "the kid" does -- I just logged in and the little bastige is standing there beside me in the store (dammit - I gave custody of that little sh*t to my Ex-wife!), but if he does tag along on my mission, I'm hoping the little troll gets killed -- that will prevent all those phone calls from the school Principal complaining about little "Damian"   🙂 🙂 🙂 

Happy April Fool's Day!

Cheers,

Edited by FourSpeed

I think I'll pass on CoH for the day. Between the patch breaking the AE missions I was focusing on to progress my character and the prank that strikes me as more annoying than amusing, I expect any attempt to play would just lead to frustration.  I was looking forward to spending the day playing CoH and moving closer to my goals, so this is a disappointment. Better luck next time.

• Like 1

got stuck in a doorway because babies cant walk through each other and they can trap you on the other side of the door

reminded me of why i stopped playing with masterminds before yall fixed pet collision

looks like im just not playin until the 2nd

opinion on the update:

funny for 5 minutes, then was just weird and a little disruptive (see: doorway situation)

2 minutes ago, rwmagpie said:

got stuck in a doorway because babies cant walk through each other and they can trap you on the other side of the door

reminded me of why i stopped playing with masterminds before yall fixed pet collision

looks like im just not playin until the 2nd

opinion on the update:

funny for 5 minutes, then was just weird and a little disruptive (see: doorway situation)

So THIS is the reason behind Speed of Sound and Jaunt making it into this update. It all makes sense now!

In all seriousness, this is mildly annoying, but nothing to get worked up about.

27 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

Fixed that for you.

What? That's just petty and small and strange.  @Apparition was speaking specifically to the HC Baby New Year tag-along, so your "correction/fix" makes zero sense.  Oh, wait, are you suggesting that we now have unwanted Baby New Years stuck to us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and just in random Google searches? Yikes.  That would be horrific.  In fact, I wonder if the devs might think along those lines next time? Gee, how would Twitter/Instagram/[insert whatever social media] users react if we stuck something in their profile and in every one of their posts for a few days?  Hmmm.  May not seem like a good idea then, right?  . . . . but that's probably the point your were making.

Edited by Tahliah
typos, clarity

No, what I mean is that April 1 is when everyone on the entire Internet who thinks they're a wit (about half of them are right) does something allegedly funny.  People with little tolerance or patience for silly and/or stupid s*** would probably do well to just unplug for 24 hours every year.

I make no value judgments about this.  I simply acknowledge the reality that I can't trust anything I read or see on this date.

Edited by Megajoule
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

Nemesis

• Plots

That was quite enjoyable and something I'd been looking forward to doing since reading about it.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

21 minutes ago, GGamerGirl said:

Did anyone know if they did these April Fools things way back when? Just curious.

And boy am I glad they did not give us any loco schmuck from the fifth dimension...

There were April 1st pranks, but most of them were aimed at dataminers and not the players directly.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

• Jimmy changed the title to Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020

I’ve never known April fool patch notes to actually be implemented into the game. It’s a bit weird. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Add me to the "baby is annoying and interfering with gameplay because I can't get through doors" votes.

Not being able to dismiss was a bad call. Mandatory fun never is. I'll do marketing today and play something else.

first, my complaint about the kid seems to have disappeared from forum.  its early so maybe I missed it.

second.  I wont be gaming with a kid companion.  I don't know hat sending kid to its room for a short time means.  if its anything less than the rest of my gaming session I have zero interst.  your kid.  you keep it.  none of my characters have a child following them

staying  logged out until this stupid idea "err...hilarious joke?" goes away.

its funny though.  do more   each week add another stupid thing following our characters around.  try to pick creepy like kids   have fun with it  you have the power