Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020

57 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Take Your Child to Work Day

• To simulate a more true-to-life superhero experience, all heroes and villains must now take their children to work!
  • Your child will follow you around and will always move slightly slower than you
    • Be sure to take regular breaks so they can catch up
  • Please note that, just like real children, you cannot dismiss them and they must be cared for at all times

Let me know when this is gone. The rest I found amusing. This? No, not playing with this thing following my character around. At least give us an option to disable it. Otherwise, not logging in until it's gone, even if it means not logging in for a month.

• Like 1

Devs, you've caused this.

screenshot_200331-20-15-07.jpg

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

1 minute ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Wait . . . I haven't logged in yet . . . 

This stuff is seriously in the game?!

Whaaaaat!?

It is! 🙂

My main, Crater Kate, took the day off heroing to take her son, Keenan, around Atlas Park. As part of the patch they opened up a bunch of things you can do with your kid, so we went to a pizza parlor for lunch, then went to the movies and saw Time Gladiator. Keenan is very excited for the sequel. After the movies we got ice cream at another shop, and then we ran around Prometheus Park playing tag. We accidentally arrested 20+ Hellions while doing so. I'm very proud of Keenan.

• Like 3

it breaks all of my character and genre creations by its very existence.  while many of you might have me pegged as a uber power gamer and chaser of bonuses I play in the city because it is here I have the most creative control over costumes powers concepts and immersion.  that turd in a toga breaks it.  I will check in later.  until then I am watching Supernatural and getting some rest

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I won't say it creeps me out, but I'm REALLY not of fan of April Fools, and right now(insert stuff going on my life outside of the obvious), I have so little of tolerance for this. This is my escape when I desperately need one.

But hey, here's a tiny guy to follow you around.

But why?

Don't you get it? It's a tiny guy and that's hilarious!

(beats head against desk)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Just now, Snarky said:

it breaks all of my character and genre creations by its very existence.  while many of you might have me pegged as a uber power gamer and chaser of bonuses I play in the city because it is here I have the most creative control over costumes powers concepts and immersion.  that turd in a toga breaks it.  I will check in later.  until then I am watching Supernatural and getting some rest

This. It's creepy, and what characters I have that -are- parents aren't even human, the rest would have dropped the kid off at the nearest police station. Devs, next time you do something like this, let us dismiss it. You've had your laugh, now move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One problem with April Fools is how few of people are good at it. #notsorry Maybe in a screwed up time like this something like this works for some people. But for others, well, yeah. I have been a pure ball of frustration, anger, and anxiety the past few weeks and this is one of my only escapes. I'm going to play for a bit, but I don't want to play.

• Like 5

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Never mind, even if you had a non-robotic character capable of even HAVING offspring, "okay, kiddo, lets go to the Shadow Shard!!  Oh. You fell down into the infinite abyss.  What you can't fly?  not even Hover?".  Or "Here's my kid, who I'm super-responsible for as a parent. Let's take him deep into Oranbanga to fight literal demons from literal hell, or into Dark Astoria to put him within 10 feet of lovecraftian elder horrors of the time before time...."   Never mind if I were to somehow fall, the kid is TOAST.

If you enjoy it, if you find it hilarious, hey, all power to you. 

I'm with Snarky.  "immersion breaking" doesn't begin to cover it. 

However, since it's a short term thing, I'm not angry about it or anything.  It's just a mental nails-on-chalkboard jarring that I can't simply ignore. 

So, tonight, I play Civ 4 Beyond the Sword.  I'll be back in a day or two, no worse for the wear, no harm done from where I'm sitting.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jackanapesink said:

Awkward and uncomfortable, and I can't help but wonder what horrible penalty will befall us all if I lose this kid while I super-leap around, and use Ouro.

Logging out.  Cute, but I'm too in the dark about the whole thing.

Uncomfortable, indeed. Immersion-breaking, immensely creepy, and not allowing us to get rid of it has me shaking my head. Let us dismiss it, please, you've had your laughs. Thing wasn't funny for even a second for me.

• Like 2

Sorry if I'm gullible, but I've been too busy to log in tonight (maybe soon). Do we really have a little person following us? If so, that's awesome and I love HC's sense of humor. If not, then hey, jokes on me. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Sorry if I'm gullible, but I've been too busy to log in tonight (maybe soon). Do we really have a little person following us? If so, that's awesome and I love HC's sense of humor. If not, then hey, jokes on me. 

No joke. It is in fact real.  the screeny @Idiotfool posted is legit.  The minature titan appears when you log in on any character.  seems to be visual only.  cannot be targetted or selected, and follows you around no matter what.

Also, there is a Toy Bat temp power you can use to bonk people over the head with.

2 minutes ago, MTeague said:

No joke. It is in fact real.  the screeny @Idiotfool posted is legit.  The minature titan appears when you log in on any character.  seems to be visual only.  cannot be targetted or selected, and follows you around no matter what.

Also, there is a Toy Bat temp power you can use to bonk people over the head with.

Buahahahah, love it. I hope we get to keep the bat.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

25 minutes ago, Bopper said:

The bat and brawl patch? Sure, they're great, I'd actually like to have the bat and modified brawl put into the P2W vendor after this. The "kid" thing? No, not funny at all. I was enjoying myself today until it showed up, now it has my anxiety through the roof because this game is an escape for me and now I refuse to play while that creepy thing is following my character around.