Dealing with NPC Thugs

Saikochoro

I stare at the council boss for a moment. Then I adjust my ray bans, crack my neck, and spit. In a burst of speed I leap to the thug, jump into the air, kick them in the face, and do a backflip to the ground. While he is disoriented I channel all my ki into a strike to the chest sending him flying away. My focus is so sharp, it’s as if he is flying away in slow motion.  Just as he starts flying away I pull a Chuck Norris and round house kick him so that he is flying away in his back.  I pull out my gun with a spinning flourish and execute him with a perfectly lined up shot. 

Nobody insults my truck, my dog, my mom, or the great State of Texas.

How do you all deal with punks?

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 3

Kai (in any incarnation) just looks at them, shakes her head, sighs and says something about tentacles and souls and "they never learn"... right before showing them the top five reasons why it's generally a poor idea to annoy a Death Mage.

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 4/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, Saikochoro said:

With all of us sitting folded leg by the fire side, I resume narrating from the cliff hanging, page turning book Thuganomics: Deal or No Deal

Edited by Obus Form

2 hours ago, Obus Form said:

With all of us sitting folded leg by the fire side, I resume narrating from the cliff hanging, page turning book Thuganomics: Deal or No Deal

I thought you just crushed them with your wallet...

Edited by Saikochoro

On 4/17/2020 at 5:55 PM, Saikochoro said:

Agent Dispatch will tell his band of Mercs to deal with the problem.

Agent Legacy will hold him (and his entire posse) in a gravity well and tosses lamps, chairs, insulation and Cadillacs at him while explaining why he's been a bad boy (or girl, if that's the case).

Searing Rose will show him that when her temper burns, so does he.

Jade Geode will just show him the error of his ways...with a jade mallet to the face.

Agent Flora will just let him feed her plants.

• Like 1

It occurs to me that most of these gangs can't possibly have the number of members we beat up in-in game. After all they're not fantasy creatures that are constantly breeding more of themselves, they have to increase their numbers by recruiting new members. So it makes sense, logically, that we're frequently fighting the same nameless goons we've punched before. I think it would be a cool addition to the game to have random minions and lieutenants say things like, "Oh no, not <playername> again!" Or, "You won't get me this time, <playername>!" I like to imagine that this is what's going on with the trio of gray-conning Skulls that show up in one hero alignment mission, I think the "Break up the drug convention" one . You can hear one of the Skulls saying, "Oh man, <playername?> This is not good man! Not good!"

From now on, this is going to be my head canon for explaining runners. Those are thugs who have run into you before, and they don't want a repeat performance.

• Like 4

I give them a finely rhetorical command to surrender immediately to avoid unnecessary unpleasantness. 

Unfortunately, most of them don't understand Latin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

5 hours ago, RikOz said:

It occurs to me that most of these gangs can't possibly have the number of members we beat up in-in game. After all they're not fantasy creatures that are constantly breeding more of themselves, they have to increase their numbers by recruiting new members. So it makes sense, logically, that we're frequently fighting the same nameless goons we've punched before. I think it would be a cool addition to the game to have random minions and lieutenants say things like, "Oh no, not <playername> again!" Or, "You won't get me this time, <playername>!" I like to imagine that this is what's going on with the trio of gray-conning Skulls that show up in one hero alignment mission, I think the "Break up the drug convention" one . You can hear one of the Skulls saying, "Oh man, <playername?> This is not good man! Not good!"

From now on, this is going to be my head canon for explaining runners. Those are thugs who have run into you before, and they don't want a repeat performance.

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Considering the likely population of Paragon, the numbers of civilian NPCs on the streets and in other maps, and the apparent sizes of the street gangs... either Paragon has no actual civilians, every gang has a very active and extremely successful recruitment program, or you've knocked out the same guys dozens of times. 

That's it. I'm gonna start naming some of them. 

14 hours ago, Shivertongue said:

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Considering the likely population of Paragon, the numbers of civilian NPCs on the streets and in other maps, and the apparent sizes of the street gangs... either Paragon has no actual civilians, every gang has a very active and extremely successful recruitment program, or you've knocked out the same guys dozens of times.

Given what appears to be a revolving-door policy at the Zig, I'd bet on anyone you... arrest... being back on the streets within days if not hours.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:47 AM, Saikochoro said:

I thought you just crushed them with your wallet...

My wallet is too big to fit in the council map. 🙂

But to answer the question:

I normally set fire to them ...

... then punch them

... then hit them with a flaming sword

... and then set fire to them a bit more.

Sometime they're already dead before I get to the last bit. That's always disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1