Patch Notes for April 21st, 2020

• Developer

Badges

• Added the 16th Anniversary badge, "Resurgent". It will award automatically during the month of May.

Powers

• Pool > Leadership > Maneuvers: fixed a bug where Melee, AoE, Lethal and Cold def were only being granted to the caster.
  • Tanker > Spines > Spine Burst: This power erroneously had it's Radius increased to 16 instead of its Target Cap. This has been fixed.
  • Blaster > Dual Pistols: Fixed an issue where the set was not granting blasters Defiance +Damage
  • Dual Pistols > Hail of Bullets: Fixed an issue where the power DoT chance was calculated only once at the activation of the power instead of once per tick when non standard ammo was active.
  • Set Bonus > Synapse Shock should no longer show a buff icon.

Enhancements

• Synthetic Hamidon enhancements for Accuracy/Mez and Damage/Mez will now combine with their Titan, Hydra and Hamidon counterparts.
  • Fixed an issue with some procs not working on Dual Pistols > Hail of Bullets.
  • Corrected "Chance for Fire Damage" text in Sentinel's Ward: Recharge/Chance for Absorb.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• Widower changed the title to Patch Notes for April 21st, 2020
1 hour ago, Faultline said:

Probably since the Issue 13 PVP revamp.

Since old conventional wisdom regarding the Leadership pool was "skip Maneuvers unless you want a LotG mule" (before capping defense became "the thing"), this doesn't surprise me.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

17 hours ago, The Curator said:

Powers

• Pool > Leadership > Maneuvers: fixed a bug where Melee, AoE, Lethal and Cold def were only being granted to the caster.

My wolves and lions bring you a dead Hellion to express their gratitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Is there still a plan to allow for asymetrical designs to the shoulder pads in the costume creator? Like the ones that have been implemented for gloves.

They indicated that they would be doing shoulders, but there was still work to be done before getting there.

It may take a while, though.  No timeframe was indicated.

You can look through the Page 5 costume threads on the Beta board for the details that are available.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cranium said:

After the patch when I play CoH my computer restarts automatically after 10-12 minutes …. computer only does this with CoH running.

You should post this in the Help forum, or ask for help in Discord.  You'll get better help from the tech people, not here in the Announcements section.

My 2 cents (for whatever it may be worth): spontaneous restarts like this are often caused by overheating, and CoH can tax some graphics chipsets. 

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

10 hours ago, BasherBot said:

Does anyone know when the enhancement changes are going live?

At some unknown future date...  Or, they may never go live at all.  (The enhancement changes are an experiment, not a beta.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 4/21/2020 at 6:12 PM, The Curator said:

Synthetic Hamidon enhancements for Accuracy/Mez and Damage/Mez will now combine with their Titan, Hydra and Hamidon counterparts.

Me likey.  I hope you end up doing this for all the Titan-Os.  As is they're worthless at 48.  Certainly this would cause market effects but in my mind they'd be beneficial, both for making Eden a more desirable trial to run and exerting some downward pressure on the price of the most desirable S/HOs.

12 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

Me likey.  I hope you end up doing this for all the Titan-Os.  As is they're worthless at 48.  Certainly this would cause market effects but in my mind they'd be beneficial, both for making Eden a more desirable trial to run and exerting some downward pressure on the price of the most desirable S/HOs.

According to this post, they do already work that way.

I went looking, and each of the matching Hami-Os, Synthetic HOs, TitanOs and HydraOs appear to be bucketed in the market, too.

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

According to this post, they do already work that way.

I went looking, and each of the matching Hami-Os, Synthetic HOs, TitanOs and HydraOs appear to be bucketed in the market, too.

Well I'll be darned, you're right, I'm looking at Neutrinos and Nucleoli right now and they are indeed bucketed.  Is this a change that I missed?  I swear I recall these being disparate items before.

Well then... who's up for an Eden or 5?

On 4/23/2020 at 7:00 AM, Rathulfr said:

You should post this in the Help forum, or ask for help in Discord.  You'll get better help from the tech people, not here in the Announcements section.

My 2 cents (for whatever it may be worth): spontaneous restarts like this are often caused by overheating, and CoH can tax some graphics chipsets. 

Yep, I'd suggest you drop the graphics settings and see if that helps.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:31 AM, Faultline said:

Probably since the Issue 13 PVP revamp.

Thanks again for the fix!

I rerolled my DP from live, this time temporal instead of mental.

Sadly, DP is still quite low damage compared to everything but AR.

I love the concept and the look of the toon and set, but I feel so weak...

Oh, Dual BB Guns how sweet you could have been!

• Like 1

I honestly do not understand the complaints that Dual Pistols is low damage.  If you use the Incendiary rounds, it's anything but.  Sure, it's not Fire, but nothing else is.  I regularly take out whole groups of mobs in a few seconds with my Dual Pistols/Temporal Manipulation Blaster.

Issue 26, Page 5 is now live Costume editor updates, new powersets, new IOs, and more! See https://cohhc.gg/ for the patch notes. 

This is what I read in the "in game" announcement when I logged in.

I see no mention of the above items in the patch notes.

Where do I get this information?