Surprise find

Siderous

5 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

What is this? I mean besides a figurine of Recluse,it appears to have some numbers that change in the base...curious.

It looks like it's a figurine from some type of game of sorts. The icons next to the numbers look an awful lot like offense and defense.

58 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

What is this? I mean besides a figurine of Recluse,it appears to have some numbers that change in the base...curious.

It's a Heroclix figure.

ETA:  I just went looking to see if I ever threw out any of my old CoX stuff.  I thought I might have, because we moved house after the live sunset.  But no, I still have my CoV Collector's Edition box complete with Heroclix figures.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I had/have (somewhere) the Ghost Widow figurine. I am super surprised that HeroClix are still a thing though. I remember when they first came out and I was like "Yeah, this will dry out pretty quick." The company did go under, but the brand got bought out and continues selling product!

18 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I had/have (somewhere) the Ghost Widow figurine. I am super surprised that HeroClix are still a thing though. I remember when they first came out and I was like "Yeah, this will dry out pretty quick." The company did go under, but the brand got bought out and continues selling product!

They are still a pretty big thing, and have branched out beyond comics by far. I had a friend who is a collector, and sometimes I play with him. In addition to Marvel/DC, I know there are TMNT, Street Fighter, Lord of the Rings and probably more types of Heroclix. Most comic shops host fairly regular events for this, and you can win some giant sized (some over two feet) clix like Dr. Manhattan, Chthulu, Galactus, and more.

It's probably still somewhat niche, but not uncommon among comic fans.

Edited by subbacultchas

19 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

IIRC those numbers in on the white part of the base means he has a movement speed of 9 with charge (half move value but can move and attack), attack value of 8 with super-strength (can carry objects), defense of 18 or 19 with invulnerability (soaks 2 damage), and damage of 3 with leadership (can roll for an extra action on 5-6). The other symbols on the base tell me he is not a flier, nor a giant, but has a range of 4 and can hit 2 targets.

As the characters take damage, the dial turns (clicks) for each point of damage, lowering values and sometimes changing powers. Like with Hulk, who's values become better the more he is damaged, and he gains new powers (better damage reduction types) as well.

Edited by subbacultchas
  • Like 1

A whole slew of CoX Heroclix came with the Collector's Edition DVD of CoV; at one time I was buying clearanced copies of the DVD and selling the Heroclix inside on eBay for a tidy profit.  It was funny because I could never sell the Statesman figures, and wound up shipping them as bonuses on other auctions.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Clearly, Heroclix need to be nerfed!

"Jack? Get yer bat!"

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)