Hide Proc and Chilling Embrace

Solarverse

8 hours ago, Croax said:

Ice is one of the best and strongest secondaries available to Stalkers.

It may be. It also interrupts placate and draws aggro to it like a magnet.  I think I'll stick to Energy Aura.

16 hours ago, Croax said:

Ice is one of the best and strongest secondaries available to Stalkers.

I think this really needs a clarification on what constitutes 'best'.

Ice is one of the most durable secondaries available to Stalkers, largely due to its excellent T9 power. However, I'd argue that trying to make the best Tanker you can as a Stalker is frequently counter-productive.

Instead, I'd think more about how your secondary supports your primary. Sets like Bio or Shield can add to your damage. Fiery can give the notoriously AE-light Stalker primaries another great AE damage option. Electric, Super Reflexes and Energy all give you a free +20% recharge and Electric/Energy both make endurance management much easier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Croax said:

What if i told you that you don't need chilling embrace and you can kill stuff instead of slowing them down. I never picked it on my /Ice and never missed it.

Why does that look like a meme?

44q2wm.jpg

• Haha 3

They should just make Chilling Embrace a click power for stalkers. Running it as a toggle is counter productive. Energy Absorption is a click power, and you don't forget to click that one.

Edited by KC4800
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

7 hours ago, Sovera said:

I've noticed this with Ball Lighting. Throw it, use AS, Hide procs.

Hide breaks from the DoT of the Ball Lightning.

Interesting. I've never noticed this on my sav/shield/mu. I ball lightning>sav leap>AS>rending flurry.

So the dot from BL and leap are both still ticking. Rending flurry crits without issue if AS procs the hide.

However, I have rending flurry qued up, so maybe that's why?

I can definitively say that melee hybrid will break hide. The aura does not suppress. But as long as you play aggressively it will have little to no impact on getting crits if you attack quickly before it ticks.

1 hour ago, KC4800 said:

They should just make Chilling Embrace a click power for stalkers. Running it as a toggle is counter productive. Energy Absorption is a click power, and you don't forget to click that one.

Chilling is more akin to Disrupt in /ea, AAO in /shield, Cloak in /dark, and Genetic Corruption in /bio.

However, many of the stalker auras have a much slower tick rate, which may be less problematic.

That said, I've had no issues with AAO on my shield and it as a 1 sec tick rate vs Chilling's 0.5 sec.

Chilling is a good power though. Whether it fits ones playstyle, or synergizes well with some stalker primaries is a different matter. 

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

Why even take it then? Wouldn't it just make more sense to go with Energy Aura?

Chilling Embrace is not what makes Ice Armor. IMO the ability to utilize Ice Armors defenses and Ice Slick to mitigate incoming damage, and the ability to cycle between the use of Hoarfrost and Ice Bastion is what makes Ice Armor shine.  Take the Leviathan pool with Hibernate and you can survive most things without skipping a beat. 

12 minutes ago, Heatstroke said:

Chilling Embrace is not what makes Ice Armor. IMO the ability to utilize Ice Armors defenses and Ice Slick to mitigate incoming damage, and the ability to cycle between the use of Hoarfrost and Ice Bastion is what makes Ice Armor shine.  Take the Leviathan pool with Hibernate and you can survive most things without skipping a beat. 

I guess I can see where you are coming from. I guess it's just not my cup of tea. I typically try and find builds that don't require their T9's. That would explain why I feel as though Ice wouldn't work for me. I don't like what Chilling Embrace does on a Stalker and since I skip T9's, Ice Bastion has little value for me on a personal level. So I get ya now, was just curious is all.

18 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I guess I can see where you are coming from. I guess it's just not my cup of tea. I typically try and find builds that don't require their T9's. That would explain why I feel as though Ice wouldn't work for me. I don't like what Chilling Embrace does on a Stalker and since I skip T9's, Ice Bastion has little value for me on a personal level. So I get ya now, was just curious is all.

Icy Bastion has no crash unlike some other T9's... but Energy Aura is a fave of mine.. have a EA Brute and Scrapper.. didnt want a stalker too.. 

Maybe if they EVER FIX ENERGY MELEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Heatstroke said:

Icy Bastion has no crash unlike some other T9's... but Energy Aura is a fave of mine.. have a EA Brute and Scrapper.. didnt want a stalker too.. 

Maybe if they EVER FIX ENERGY MELEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I am on that page right with you there, my man!  😄

11 hours ago, Solarverse said:

You should reconsider for Icy Bastion. It's not like the other t9 powers, and is what pushes ice armor toward the top in terms of survival.

16 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Why even take it then? Wouldn't it just make more sense to go with Energy Aura?

I'd assume as a melee DPS, you still deal with runners. Ice patch is good mitigation but very small. CE stops then in their tracks. 

Also, you can just turn CE off when you don't need it. Bam! Same function as a click. 

2 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

I'd assume as a melee DPS, you still deal with runners. Ice patch is good mitigation but very small. CE stops then in their tracks. 

Also, you can just turn CE off when you don't need it. Bam! Same function as a click. 

Oh I fully understand why people like it. However, I rolled an Elec/Ice, not an Ice/Ice. So I came to realize that about the only thing that pairs well with /Ice is Ice...at least for me. I will however roll an Ice/Ice if they ever give the option to give Ice's Assassin's Strike animation the same animation as Spine's Assassin Strike. I honestly can't get passed the current animation enough to be able to enjoy Ice as a primary.

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Oh I fully understand why people like it. However, I rolled an Elec/Ice, not an Ice/Ice. So I came to realize that about the only thing that pairs well with /Ice is Ice...at least for me. I will however roll an Ice/Ice if they ever give the option to give Ice's Assassin's Strike animation the same animation as Spine's Assassin Strike. I honestly can't get passed the current animation enough to be able to enjoy Ice as a primary.

I don't see elec being a bad pairing. In fact, I'd say ice melee is more a miss match since it doesn't really need much for mitigation. Although, maybe utilizing the slow from CE to keep foes in place to line up ice breath? 

I personally went psi/ice which does get to stack the -rech. Elec/ice gets to stack the -end which can help when wearing down a thick target. 

As for the other criticism, I feel overall Ice armor is more a defensive set. Not every set needs or should be offensive oriented when the various primaries also have varying degrees of offense and defense. For sets like psi or elec that are more balanced between offense and defense, you might end up with a supportive or tanking persuasion that you can capitalize on if you're slotted for it. I'd never want to lose those options. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Aside from the fact that you’re stuck with a sword, I think it’s probably one of the better animations in the set, personally lol 

definitely like it more than the poop strikes (like rad lol)

Edited by kiramon

38 minutes ago, kiramon said:

Aside from the fact that you’re stuck with a sword, I think it’s probably one of the better animations in the set, personally lol 

definitely like it more than the poop strikes (like rad lol)

Oh for sure, the poop strikes are the worst. This is why I am hoping and praying that all Assassin Strike animations will at some point be given the option to be changed to the Spines/Elec/Psionic Assassin's Strike animation. The impaling animation (which is what I call it) fits a Stalker perfectly for me. I have a hard time using any Stalker primary that does not have that animation.