Can we please get one extra "P2W" option like Ninja and Beast Run added, simply called Super Run? Very trivial change hopefully.

Lsrei

Simply put, add a third option that is 100% identical to Ninja and Beast Run statistically, value-wise, price-wise, and any other metrics, with these five changes (might be more tweaks needed, but I think this is it):

1. Named "Super Run".
  2. Instead of the Beast or Ninja run animations, simply use the standard 'run' animation.
  3. Use the Beast Run jump animation. It's simple and looks fine.
  4. Now, the P2W vendor will give you the choice of Super Run, Ninja Run, or Beast Run as your 'free' option, and you can purchase the other two for the standard fee. Same situation as before, but now you get this new option.
  5. Needs to be added to the "Revoke" options.
  6. (Might) need a code change somewhere to check if you have one of those already before being charged Influence for the next one.

That's it. A comparable option for those that visually don't want to Naruto or Werewolf around. Same End cost, same baseline values for +Speed and +Jump and the motion controls of the jump, the 'wall running', etc... just a version with normal running and the different jump.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Alternate idea: make "Sprint" as fast as Beast Run/ Ninja Run.  Make those three powers mutually exclusive so they can't all be run at the same time.

More ideas: between path auras and the Power Slide travel power, we almost have a "Matter Surfing" travel power.  Like using an ice path as a "travel power", or using a mound of earth or water or leaves or whatever.  If those two powers could be combined and given a speed and Endurance cost like Beast Run/Ninja Run, we'd almost have another travel power effect.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

Alternate idea: make "Sprint" as fast as Beast Run/ Ninja Run.  Make those three powers mutually exclusive so they can't all be run at the same time.

I don't think Sprint automatically includes the same +Jump that Naruto and Werewolf get. 

Also, sprint is a slottable power that can take Celerity:+Stealth.

But maybe

• Remove Ninja Run and Beast Run from the game (stay with me.... not done yet....)
  • Add "Super Run" as a P2W power, or if it's easier to implement, as an inherent (it's already free or so close as to make no difference....)
  • under Power Customization, let Super Run have a "Ninja Run" animation, or a "Beast Run" or "Plain Run" animation, etc.
  • Could gradually add more animations over time if merited, and this would divorce the look from the power itself.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I don't think Sprint automatically includes the same +Jump that Naruto and Werewolf get. 

But maybe

• Remove Ninja Run and Beast Run from the game (stay with me.... not done yet....)
  • Add "Super Run" as a P2W power, or if it's easier to implement, as an inherent (it's already free or so close as to make no difference....)
  • under Power Customization, let Super Run have a "Ninja Run" animation, or a "Beast Run" or "Plain Run" animation, etc.
  • Could gradually add more animations over time if merited, and this would divorce the look from the power itself.

Except in some cases, I want both Beast Run and Ninja run separate on the same alt. I have a cat alt who uses Beast Run as a travel power, idle animation, etc., and combines Ninja Run + Dual Blades for some great synergistic animations during combat.

Also, someone mentioned making it so Sprint can't be combined with NR/BR and...please no. I combine Sprint + NR/BR for more speed while traveling. On animal alts I often never get a "real" travel power and rely on Sprint + BR.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CFIndustries said:

Except in some cases, I want both Beast Run and Ninja run separate on the same alt. I have a cat alt who uses Beast Run as a travel power, idle animation, etc., and combines Ninja Run + Dual Blades for some great synergistic animations during combat.

Also, someone mentioned making it so Sprint can't be combined with NR/BR and...please no. I combine Sprint + NR/BR for more speed while traveling. On animal alts I often never get a "real" travel power and rely on Sprint + BR.

Huh. I confess, I have never come across someone who used BOTH run options on the SAME character before. 

Fair enough, idea retracted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MTeague said:

Huh. I confess, I have never come across someone who used BOTH run options on the SAME character before. 

Fair enough, idea retracted.

You were TOO nice about that... have you been here long? 🤣 I really liked your idea, but I never thought someone would take both either. 

Edited by Chuckers
  • Haha 1

Usually this is the type of frivolous request I'd /jranger since we already have multiple sprint options.. but I'm okay with it. Just after Energy Transfer is fixed.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, MTeague said:

But maybe

You lost me at remove Ninja Run from the game and I was ready to fight. Then you made it better. 

This next clip doesn't fit perfectly, but it's close enough and I like the movie.

• Haha 2

Animation options, SJ/CJ have the lowest "shimmer" aura noticeable after flight but can be turned off (SS has shiney feet and teleport has that light up animation).  Change Beast/Ninja to "Enhanced Run" or what ever, now allow the animation to be changed to any of the ninja/beast/prestige/Sprint.  Would love for Ninja to just use the Sprint animation.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I see people bring up Ninja Run/Beast Run quite a lot for many different reasons.  There's a lot of contention over these two little powers, that's for sure.  

Frankly, I wouldn't mind Sprint being reworked to run as fast as Ninja Run/Beast Run out of combat but slow to the old Sprint speed in combat, and being able to customize the animations between standard, ninja, beast, and more (throw the prestige sprint animations in there while you're at it do declutter our power menu).  So just combine all of them into one useful inherent power.  Keep the slotting the same, but make Sprint faster out of combat while cannibalizing the other two powers. 

It'd also have the benefit of running Combat Jumping at the same time (turning on Combat Jumping disables Ninja/Beast Run).  So for those that want to run and jump as fast as Ninja/Beast when toggled together with Sprint, just use Sprint with the preferred animation with a nice +Speed Enhancement and run it along with Combat Jumping.  You also get Combat Jumping's defense bonus while keeping your preferred animations!  

• Like 2

I think we may want to wait to see what the implementation of Utility Belt's Freerunning Power is.

I like to think that it will be a matter of when, not if, that and Gadgetry get added . . . and I -really- hope the Homecoming Devs take time to ensure that Freerunning has all three types of animations tied to it in the Power Customization.  More, if there are any other walk/run-cycle animations kicking around which would look interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

"Frivolous?"

This is the kind of request that's about the most core and essential part of the whole City of Heroes game:  Character appearance.

Everything else is just fluff after that.

Sprint

Power Dash

Power Slide

Power Quick

Power Rush

Power Surge

Beast Run

Ninja Run

Swift

Hurdle 

Steam Jump

Jump Pack

Walk

Panther Travel

Coyote Travel

Flying Carpet

Void Skiff

Rocket Board

Jet pack, rocket pack, raptor pack, mission transport, team transport..

Yeah, many travel options available without even having to select a pool power. Some of them can even be enhanced.

With plenty of things broken or in need of attention, the request here could be considered more flavor than function, hence "frivolous".

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I like the OP's idea. I detest Ninja Run and tolerate Beast Run, but I think the idea in the OP is optimal.

12 hours ago, Troo said:

Panther Travel

Coyote Travel

Besides these two animals, I could see some other "transform" movement powers.  We have wolves and lions and dark wolves and other animals in game now, would be neat to see a transform power for those too.  Also some bird transforms, like an eagle or hawk, for flight powers.

Also 😛 for calling these ideas frivolous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1