Bio Armor's Fear/Confuse Hole: Why no warning?

The description for Dark Armor says that it has no protection against Knockback.  Descriptions for other armor sets let you know where their holes are ("No defense against psionics" or "No resistance to toxic", usually).  Why doesn't the Bio Armor description let you know that it has no protection against Fear and Confuse effects?  I was leveling a Bio Armor Tanker and got a very nasty surprise when I ran into some Circle of Thorns mobs.

Also, any suggestions for patching this hole?  It's honestly ruined Bio Armor for me, and if I'd known about it, I would've planned accordingly or picked something else.

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Thanks Darneblade!

While going through other armor sets, I noticed that a number of them don't mention anything about Fear/Confuse.  Does Fear/Confuse protection not come standard with these sets?  If so, it would be nice to note in their descriptions which ones have it and which ones don't (just FYI, I use Willpower on most of my melee characters, so my expectations are biased).

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

Ah.  Like I said, I'm used to Willpower, which skews my perception.  Maybe the ones that have fear and confuse protection could include that in the powerset description, then?

5 hours ago, Darkneblade said:

Pick Tactics from leadership pool, it patches both of them.

Be aware tactics only gives fear resistance, not protection, so you'll still be hit by fear, just for less time. 

It does give protection and resistance to confuse though.

Fear is pretty rare though and not as debilitating as confuse. 

Very few armor sets have any confuse or fear protection.  Willpower is exceptional in covering them, and Dark Armor protects against Fear; I can't think of any other sets that do off the top of my head.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Yep, my /SR scrapper has been terrorized a few times.

Note that Taunt, Placate and Repel are also "holes", though I don't recall ever being effected in PvE by any of them.  Assault provides resistance to taunt and placate.  Tactics as mentioned provides protection against Confuse, but is slightly unclear in the Wiki if it provides protection against Fear as well (part of it seems to say yes, part indicates only resistance to Fear as well as Confuse and perception debuff).  My /SR scrapper is usually running Tactics but I can't say with any certainty if it was on when I became Terrorized. Or maybe the mag simply exceeded the protection and resistance at the time ... no idea there.

10 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Why doesn't the Bio Armor description let you know that it has no protection against Fear and Confuse effects?

I'd guess it is because the standard set of mez protection includes Hold, Stun, Immobilize and KB, so you're only notified if a set deviates from this. That said, the information about status protection is available in-game even without changing the set descriptions if you look at the individual powers with "detailed info" toggled on.

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Breakfrees. I carry two on my Fire Armor tanker for emergencies. Also knowing which mob does the confusing/fearing allows you to focus on it no differently than hitting a sapper before it drains your endurance.

9 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yep, my /SR scrapper has been terrorized a few times.

Note that Taunt, Placate and Repel are also "holes", though I don't recall ever being effected in PvE by any of them.  Assault provides resistance to taunt and placate.  Tactics as mentioned provides protection against Confuse, but is slightly unclear in the Wiki if it provides protection against Fear as well (part of it seems to say yes, part indicates only resistance to Fear as well as Confuse and perception debuff).  My /SR scrapper is usually running Tactics but I can't say with any certainty if it was on when I became Terrorized. Or maybe the mag simply exceeded the protection and resistance at the time ... no idea there.

The Black Knights in Night Ward will Taunt you six ways to Sunday.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Interesting.  Once I can get back online First Ward/Night Ward are high on my to do list.  Got a feeling of deja vu atm as computer death/ life forced me out of game around the time those zones were introduced and hearing seeing lots of good things about the content.  Got vague recollections of taking a peek on my main and going whoa wow upon seeing the Seed.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

The Black Knights in Night Ward will Taunt you six ways to Sunday.

Black Scorpion in the Ms. Liberty TF likes to get in your face & do the same.  But I wish the Black Knights would go all John Cleese & threaten to “taunt you a second time, you dumb English kuh-nig-its!” 😛

• Haha 3

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Most amusing (and frustrating at the same time) recent episode of being hit hard with taunt for me was teaming with a tank who got hit with confuse.  My character did have confuse protection so I was taunted and could only attack the tank, but I wasn't confused, so couldn't attack the tank.

11 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

Most armor sets do not protect against -tohit. They told my character that when I woke up in the hospital.

Died to the Emmisary of Shadows too huh? 😅

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Let’s get rid of all status projection and just given melee extra status resistance. I would love to see the reaction 😁

There is not much gameplay in perma-immunity. You just activate a toggle and you’re immune.. but that’s the way it’s always been I guess. 
(another post which makes everyone glad I don’t make design decisions!)

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 7/2/2020 at 5:08 AM, Marshal_General said:

Most armor sets do not protect against -tohit. They told my character that when I woke up in the hospital.

Which is why I tend to pick up focused accuracy on a lot of my characters.  Tohit debuff resistance is golden.