Alright so it's a little embarassing

Not hard to tell which one is the farmer, and it's not Marine.

screenshot_200731-14-20-41.thumb.jpg.077ff690fb0f4dd42480e9d02c20e82d.jpgscreenshot_200731-14-25-19.thumb.jpg.7293c6c12e6c6c6a9f831c008fd64479.jpg

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Guess I'll show mine.

warningshotstats.thumb.png.002a4c5370efddae5e02a726b0034727.png

The only thing that confuses me is the 35,000 points of healing done... considering my Defender is TA/Archery and hasn't taken either the Medicine pool or the Rebirth Incarnate ability. O.o

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 7/30/2020 at 3:44 AM, huang3721 said:

An XP Debt badge is still a badge. Gotta catch 'em all!

the ones that I cringe over are for spending X much influence at the Tailors.

Can't I just drop one HELL of tip and get the badges now? 

I have all the looks I want! I don't want to have to screw with costumes back and forth and back again until I've finally spent enough!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 8:34 AM, ImpousVileTerror said:

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing, @SuperPlyx.   I have been trying to save up for the Anniversary Badges.  If I had 2,370 Reward Merits, then I kind of imagine I would have unlocked all those Badges.  Instead, I'm sitting at around 300 in inventory, and only have less than half the Anniversary Badges unlocked.   If the method by which the game is recording Merits Earnt is somehow bugged, then it's likely the Devs are also being fed incorrect data whenever they're attempting to monitor that information.  Which also suggests that players may have far fewer Merits than the datamining indicates.

We should probably try to monitor that ourselves a little and see if there's any discrepancy.

Update: I ran a STF and Kahn for 63 merits last night, these new merits were not counted at the Kiosk. So ran a quick Smoke and Mirrors arc for 12 merits and these merits were counted. 

So it would appear that the Kiosk is only tracking mission arcs and flashbacks. TFs are not counting, which would explain why the number is so low.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:14 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Update: I ran a STF and Kahn for 63 merits last night, these new merits were not counted at the Kiosk. So ran a quick Smoke and Mirrors arc for 12 merits and these merits were counted. 

So it would appear that the Kiosk is only tracking mission arcs and flashbacks. TFs are not counting, which would explain why the number is so low.

None of my characters run mission arcs or flashbacks, all TFs and Radios, none of my "own" contacts beyond Radios. They're all reporting Merit earnings from Task Forces.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:34 AM, ImpousVileTerror said:

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing, @SuperPlyx.   I have been trying to save up for the Anniversary Badges.  If I had 2,370 Reward Merits, then I kind of imagine I would have unlocked all those Badges.  Instead, I'm sitting at around 300 in inventory, and only have less than half the Anniversary Badges unlocked.   If the method by which the game is recording Merits Earnt is somehow bugged, then it's likely the Devs are also being fed incorrect data whenever they're attempting to monitor that information.  Which also suggests that players may have far fewer Merits than the datamining indicates.

We should probably try to monitor that ourselves a little and see if there's any discrepancy.

Well, I was curious about the merit situation now that two people mentioned it so I logged in to check.

The Info Kiosk is showing 2178 merits while I have 4116 in my inventory.  Despite hitting 50 quite some time ago, I'm pretty sure I have not spent any merits on this character.

So I seem to have earned 'non mission' merits.  Perhaps it doesn't count the bonus merits received for doing the weekly?  If so, these numbers look about right.  Aside from the bonus merits for the weeklies, I have been doing Signature Story Arcs quite often and that awards 5 merits plus 15 'bonus' merits.

IB.jpg.bc5e6ff70120fbf73803fb9b4a3a2f84.jpg

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:14 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Based on my numbers, that doesn't seem possible.  I do VAST numbers of  TFs vs very few missions or flashbacks.  My badge progress says I have done just 15 flashbacks.

Back on live, I had a spreadsheet page tracking merits on Ironblade (earned 11,112 total, FYI).  I may start doing that again to see exactly what the kiosk is tracking.

Edit:  I just set up the spreadsheet with separate columns for mission, TF, TF bonus, SSA, SSA bonus, flashback.  In a few weeks, I should be able to draw some conclusions.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Thanks 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

7 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Edit:  I just set up the spreadsheet with separate columns for mission, TF, TF bonus, SSA, SSA bonus, flashback.  In a few weeks, I should be able to draw some conclusions.

Did I say weeks?  I obviously meant hours.

I just did several flashback arcs and the merits for each counted.  (Apparently, now that they no longer track server-wide stats, the kiosks update immediately.)

In the process, I earned the Aftershock badge for completing all arcs in Faultline.  That awarded 20 merits which did NOT count.  I expected that, since the kiosk says those are mission stats.

I then did a Signature Story Arc for 20 merits and none of that counted.  I did not expect that, since the SSA are clearly 'missions'.

I'll have to do a WST TF and see what that does.

Edit:  Additional data - just did a Hamidon raid and it did NOT count.

Possible pattern here - the Hami raid and the Signature Story Arc both have a reward choice window and neither was counted by the kiosks.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:59 AM, Ironblade said:

I will be interested to see what your data shows.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, Ironblade said:

I then did a Signature Story Arc for 20 merits and none of that counted

That is surprising,I would have thought that it was a mission arc.

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

It has a variable payout, though, doesn't it, with more merits for the first completion?  It would fit in if the system can't 'see' which particular payout an activity gives, and only counts those with a fixed reward.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I will be interested to see what your data shows.

Well, it *IS* a mission arc, but I think it's not counting because instead of an automatic reward, it brings up a reward choice window - exactly like a Hami raid which also did NOT count on the info terminal.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 3:58 PM, Ironblade said:

I'll have to do a WST TF and see what that does.

And now I have data on this from doing the Abandoned Sewer Trial last night.

As I expected, based on the size of the discrepancy between the terminal and my actual merits:  the terminal counted the 29 base merits and did NOT count the 29 bonus merits for it being the weekly.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, Ironblade said:

Possible pattern here - the Hami raid and the Signature Story Arc both have a reward choice window and neither was counted by the kiosks.

Did it count the initial five merits you should get and not the bonus amount, or none of the 20?

If you do an SSA afterward (I like 1, it's fast,) does it count those five?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Greycat said:

Did it count the initial five merits you should get and not the bonus amount, or none of the 20?

If you do an SSA afterward (I like 1, it's fast,) does it count those five?

It did not count any part of the 20.

As for the second question, it did not occur to me to check that.  I can do that easily enough.  I run part 1 at least half a dozen times per week.

Running that now, myself. Also noticing it's just showing me with 6 merits earned. Between explores, GMs and such I have 45...

Edit : (And yep, not counting any of the 20 from SSA 1. Still just shows 6.)

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.