Question :: Current task forces and abbreviations

UltraAlt

So in-game most the the LFG chat for a task force messages are simply : ABC LF2M. Send tell.

It is not intuitive nor is it inclusive of the rest of the community that don't know what an ABC is or what level it necessary to participate. 

The tasks forces have changed to some degree and, honestly, I don't even know how some of these abbreviations even relate to the task force names that I was familiar with before the sunset.

Task Force Name Contact Min
Size
Level Range Merits
The Rule of the Three Positron 3 10 to 15 60
The Fall of the Clockwork King Synapse 4 15 to 20 58
Clamor and Destruction Sister Psyche 5 20 to 25 50
*The Kheldian War Moonfire 6 23 to 28 32
Citadel's Children Citadel 6 25 to 30 40
*The MegaMech Cometh Ernesto Hess 6 25 to 30 15
Smoke and Mirrors Twilight's Son 1 25 to 34 4
A Tangled Plot Katie Hannon 6 30 to 34 7
Following Countess Crey Manticore 7 30 to 35 32
The 5th Column Overthrow Mender Lazarus 1 30 to 39 6
Soul of the Woodsman Numina 4 35 to 40 36
*Time's Arrow Imperious 6 35 to 50 25
*Explorers and Exploiters Dr. Quaterfield 8 40 to 44 122
*The Legend of Ruladak Sara Moore 8 40 to 50 64
*The Saga of Faathim Justin Augustine 8 44 to 50 42
*The Saga of Lanaru Faathim the Kind 8 44 to 50 73
Ms. Liberty Task Force Ms. Liberty (Independence Port) 8 45 to 50 37+2+2
The Lady Grey Task Force The Lady Grey 8 45 to 50 37
Trading Places Mender Silos 1 46 to 50 14

So what if any of this has changed and what are the abbreviations for these task forces?

Example. I look at this list and I have no idea what an ITF is.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Posi 1
Posi 2
Synapse
Sister Psyche
Moonfire
Citadel
Ernesto Hess
Twilight's Son
Katie Hannon
Manticore (or Manti)
Mender Lazarus
Numina
ITF
Dr. Q
Sara Moore
Faathim or Justin Augustine
Lanaru or Faathim (yes I know that's confusing)
STF (because it used to be Statesmen's Task Force)
LGTF
Mender Silos

That's generally how I see them in LFG on Torch anyway. Usually using the contact name to identify the task force (with a few exceptions) is the easiest to know which is being advertised.

Edit: and likewise when I'm forming the team, I tend to use the above names as well. The only acronyms I typically use for Task Forces are ITF, LGTF and STF and that's mostly out of habit.

Edited by Doomrider
Clarity
  • Like 4

In all cases, TF = Task Force, or SF if it's redside, which means Strike Force. The letters before TF/SF relate to the Task/Strike Force contact's name, not the name of the actual arc. Nobody ever calls it "A clamor for the people," they'll just say "Yin TF." Some of the frequent ones I see:

ITF = Imperious Task Force

LRSF = Lord Recluse Strike Force

MLTF = Ms. Liberty Task Force (formerly known as the STF, Statesman Task Force, and some folks still use that name.)

LGTF = Lady Grey Task Force

All the others will just state the name of the contact. Posi = Positron, Yin = Penelope Yin, Manti = Manticore, etc...

In the case of trials and other raids, it's different since they aren't task forces. Common examples:

BAF = Behavioral Adjustment Facility

LAM = Lambda Sector

MoM = Minds of Mayhem

DFB = Death From Below trial

DIB = Drowning In Blood trial

MSR = Mother Ship Raid

Hami = Hamidon Raid

Those are the ones off the top of my head. If you're ever confused, just send a PM to the group leader asking which one it is again. Most folks are happy to help if you're unsure. Hope this helps!

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Thanks 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

The Sister Psyche TF, Clamor And Destruction, is gone (as is Sister Psyche).

It is replaced by the Penelope Yin TF, A Clamor For The People.  It awards 20 merits.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

The Sister Psyche TF, Clamor And Destruction, is gone (as is Sister Psyche).

It is replaced by the Penelope Yin TF, A Clamor For The People.  It awards 20 merits.

Although still available via Orouboros flashback.

It doesn't get run often, but I do see it and have done it once for my badging character.

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

I usually abbreviate Penelope Yin TF to Penny Yin TF.  The original Sister Psyche TF is available in Ouro, and still gets run semi-regularly on Torch.  The most confusing official name to me is 'Soul of the Woodsman' for Numina (Numi).  I associate the Woodsman more with the Eden trial, which I just call Eden Trial, not sure what its official name is.  Mairenn MacGregor's trial likewise is the Sewer Trial.  The real issue is with the official names on the LFG list.  No one calls the ITF 'Time's Arrow', no one calls Moonfire 'Kheldian War', and so forth. 

Also potentially confusing are DFB, standing for Death from Below, the 1-20 lowbie trial that successfully replaced sewer runs as a way to get a character started.  This should not be confused with DIB, 'Drowning in Blood', another relatively low level 15-30 trial that has nothing to do with sewers.  Also taking place in sewers is the Underground Trial, an incarnate trial; this is usually abbreviated UG and is never called a sewer trial. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

10 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

People will sometimes put out a call for a Tinpex, which means the Apex and Tin Mage Mark II Task Forces run back-to-back.

I'm partial to "Apemage," personally, since that's the order people usually run them in. And it sounds funnier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

12 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Posi 1
Posi 2
Synapse
Sister Psyche
Moonfire
Citadel
Ernesto Hess
Twilight's Son
Katie Hannon
Manticore (or Manti)
Mender Lazarus
Numina
ITF
Dr. Q
Sara Moore
Faathim or Justin Augustine
Lanaru or Faathim (yes I know that's confusing)
STF (because it used to be Statesmen's Task Force)
LGTF
Mender Silos

That's generally how I see them in LFG on Torch anyway. Usually using the contact name to identify the task force (with a few exceptions) is the easiest to know which is being advertised.

Edit: and likewise when I'm forming the team, I tend to use the above names as well. The only acronyms I typically use for Task Forces are ITF, LGTF and STF and that's mostly out of habit.

I'm on Everlasting. As a rule I see these being used. And just like me people tire of having to answer what level it is so they tend to append the minimum level to it. There was a time I even added the usual time to finish it.

TFs and the slang for their names isnt exactly a hard and fast rule. A fair few have to do with the name of the contact that gives them, but a few things get called something more to do with the where.

ITF for the imperious is the most common, but I have seen some, not many mind you, but some call it the CimTF as an example.

The I trials tend to reference the where such as the BAF.

I tend to shorten the Penelope Yin to YinTF or Pen Yin tf.

I myself usually include the min level range if I am doing an open advert for puggles. but I actually tend to use the search function to look for players lfging, and who have some kind of text blurb like always ready for a tf etc.

However OP its all kind of moot for a thread here because most players dont forum, and well in game its just kinda something you do in every MMO learn the local slang for things like content, abilities etc.

Hell some 2 letter terms here can have multiple meanings, and it like any language has to do with context. Such as DP. In a more general sense DP mainly refers to Dual Pistols. However if you see someone say something like I jump into a big group to DP and feed my toon, odds are they have the power Drain Psyche and are referring to it.

Or PL, PL usually means power leveling in MMOdom. However here if its a PB saying it, odds are they are referring to perma lightform. A PL PB is basically saying they are a human form super tank.