What Tips can you pass along for soloing ITF

plainguy

Looking for suggestions on soloing ITF with a unique build.  I don't want to give away the primary set even if some can figure it out.

You can assume Incarnate wise I am T4.

But I wouldn't mind some suggestion on which T4 I should pick up based on the secondary listed.

My assumptions are as follow on Incarnates

Lore -  Banished Pantheon

Interface - Degenerative lower AV hit points by 4k

Judgement- Guessing Pyro ( stun or increased dot ). 

Hybrid - ? 

Alpha - Depending on the build I might not have no choice but to do Cardiac. 

I am also asking for what unique tips others can pass along.

Here the ones I know of.

1. Envenom Dagger for the AV fights. 

2. On the Cyst Map - Lower the HP of Each Cyst WITHOUT Destroying them AND THEN one shot each in a predetermined path to successfully complete the mission as not to deal with the ambush. 

I know some have mentioned certain tips on dividing the Nictus from Romulus.  No clue how that happens or how to do it.

Secondary Set wise I have access to the following.

Kinetics - I am thinking this is the best build stat wise ATM since it has heals and debuffs added in. Transfusion 6 slotted

Trick Arrow - Has a mix of stuff to use. Oil Slick is a decent AOE power.  Along with a couple of holds.  No heals 

Traps - Poison Trap is the AV killer, But FFG being destroyed by an AOE  is close to quick death.  I would have be really careful with FFG placement.  Double Triage Beacon 

Storm - Storm will have Hurricane running so I will be at defense cap Melee and AOE wise.  Double Lightening Storm.  Has Aid Self.

These are the stats for each set

Kinetics.png.5bf7377f770c67be69a0d3d4311010be.png

Storm.png.3d03cfd9dcce3753d20e2712f78393db.png

Traps.png.135e6882e8a092bb4778d18137aa7004.png

1323235323_trickarrow.PNG.45669719af54e4885725bf96e5ce1eaf.PNG

Traps for the hard stuff. FFG has a good radius and proper placement keeps it out of trouble. The real problem with it isn't eating AoEs, it's that it drops either due to time or resummons, so there are a couple of seconds of vulnerability when defenses will drop hard.

When i make new toons on the test server, i go out and kill a rikti pylon, solo an ITF and try and solo an LRSF. From these 3 things only the last one is not possible on some AT. You should be fine with any combination. But you are standing in your own way by not telling the primary or even the AT. That just makes no sense at all. I am sure people here could give you better tipps if you would provide better information.

• Like 2

Not sure why you are trying to make a secret out of your build.

Everything else is spot on.

An easy trick to remember is that in practical terms Judgement serves the same purpose as Barrier. You can coast through a pack of enemies by using Barrier, and the next pack use Judgement and kill most of them thus lowering their danger.

As for the rest, yeah, Traps. Kinetic isn't adding much to yourself in defensive terms, Trick Arrow isn't all that great, and Storm will be the most damage but enemies will run away like idiots. Things that can be worked out IF YOU WEREN'T KEEPING YOUR BUILD A SECRET!

Anyways, good luck, and yeah, kill the healing nictus first.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Croax said:

But you are standing in your own way by not telling the primary or even the AT. That just makes no sense at all. I am sure people here could give you better tipps if you would provide better information.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Not sure why you are trying to make a secret out of your build.

If I'm not confusing plainguy with another poster, I'm guessing this is about a petless MM. Probably trying to avoid "you should just use pets" controversies, but yeah. The whole secret primary thing is just asking for more noise to be made about it. :P

Incarnates + Debuff set + Envenomed Daggers ought to be enough to take on a +0 ITF anyway, even without using a primary at all. Defensive stats posted are appropriate. Healing nictus is the biggest hurdle, and even that can be solved by focusing it down with Lore pets.

• Like 1

I've not attempted a Solo ITF.  But a long time ago in the yonder years before Incarnate powers and a lot of other stuff, I duoed the ITF with a friend.  One positioning trick we picked up for Romulus can really neuter his effectiveness.  Basically, if this displays as it should, find a hard edge corner and position like this.

|
      |
      |
      | N
-------
     R  Y

N= Nictus

R= Romulus

Y= You

If you do it right, Romulus and the Nictus will be close enough not to trigger any leashing, but they will be out of LOS to each other.  This means Romulus will get neither healing from the healing Nictus nor any ressurrections.  So, if you can face tank everything being thrown at you (and maybe have a Taunt to keep Rommy in place), then you can kill him here and then deal with the Nictus at your leisure.  I did it as a BS/SR Scrapper backed by an Emp/Dark Defender back in the day.  A solo-character might find this a good bit trickier since you cannot kite or die at all otherwise all of your progress will be undone in a flash.  But, who knows, might be useful for a solo-attempt?

Edited by Rumors

On 8/14/2020 at 3:29 AM, Sovera said:

IF YOU WEREN'T KEEPING YOUR BUILD A SECRET!

I thought this was funny.. 

Lots of good info. 

As nihilii  pointed out I don't want derail my own thread with retarded comments..  
It ends up being no longer about the request but the insults..  

• Haha 1

When I was duoing the ITF, I found Hover very helpful.  Romulus's distance attacks are much less painful than letting him smack you in the face, plus if you hover near a wall he'll spend most of his time jumping on and off it while trying to path to you.  Deal with the ambushers ASAP, too.  The DefDebuff is a major pain if they start to land hits.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

You can usually pull one of the Nicti at the end without bringing the whole group and it's easier to deal with that way. On my last solo run on my Fire/Cold I accidentally pulled the entire group which took out my lore pets pretty quick, but I was able to kite and stay alive to take out the entire group. It's also helpful to have at least one source of psi damage for the EBs in the third mission, unless you feel like waiting for their Unstoppable to wear off every time. In general, you don't need to hover or fly, you just need to keep kiting hard targets (AVs, usually) since making them run around to chase you really messes with their AI. It's entirely possible to stay out of melee range for the entire fight just by jumping/running and firing off your ranged attacks.

Edited by macskull

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 hours ago, macskull said:

In general, you don't need to hover or fly, you just need to keep kiting hard targets (AVs, usually) since making them run around to chase you really messes with their AI. It's entirely possible to stay out of melee range for the entire fight just by jumping/running and firing off your ranged attacks.

See, this is why you PVP and I don't.  If I tried to stay out of Romulus's way like that, I'd end up getting confused, jump face-first into a wall and promptly get splattered :-)

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

See, this is why you PVP and I don't.  If I tried to stay out of Romulus's way like that, I'd end up getting confused, jump face-first into a wall and promptly get splattered 🙂

One interesting way to jump-kite an AV in an area with no roofs but buildings like where he spawns is to engage him at a corner. Hop to one side, shoot, hop back across to the other side, shoot (while jumping, I mean), repeat. Once you get the timing of when  he starts to move around (it will vary because he'll shoot sometimes), it's very hard for him to get to you, and by remaining in one area you know where the walls are. Wall-smacks are your own fault then 😛

I've kited lots of AVs with jumping characters, and I've found two things:

1: jumping into something IS a problem that can get you killed, but...

2: by moving repeately through a known area, you can generally get a feel for the terrain and avoid hitting things even while focusing on the AV.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:59 AM, nihilii said:

If I'm not confusing plainguy with another poster, I'm guessing this is about a petless MM. Probably trying to avoid "you should just use pets" controversies, but yeah. The whole secret primary thing is just asking for more noise to be made about it. 😛

Incarnates + Debuff set + Envenomed Daggers ought to be enough to take on a +0 ITF anyway, even without using a primary at all. Defensive stats posted are appropriate. Healing nictus is the biggest hurdle, and even that can be solved by focusing it down with Lore pets.

If you are a Mastermind, you should use pets.

Also a *Petless* Mastermind can't use a Lore Pet.  Period.  End.  Dot. 

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

If you are a Mastermind, you should use pets.

Also a *Petless* Mastermind can't use a Lore Pet.  Period.  End.  Dot. 

Heh, I'm guessing posts like this are why he originally chose to keep the primary set private.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

Heh, I'm guessing posts like this are why he originally chose to keep the primary set private.

That and ya know maybe his pets are at the groomers or mortician getting some work done.  Just cause your DP keeps one under his pillow at all times ... just saying 😜

Sometimes emergency saving the world plans just can't wait.

There are any number of builds many folks deem sub-par.

Rolling on a PI team doing radios at +4×8 I honestly don't even notice if a MM pulls up pets or not.  Well I do notice if I have screen full of demon booty but, y'know *shrug*.

Back on topic for tips to solo ITF.......my tip.....don't.  😁

• Haha 1

I don't know if I'm going the wrong ITF or not.

I've defeated everything in a +0/x8 Cimerora TF solo, with the exception of Romulus himself.

I haven't noticed any Nictus hanging out near him either.

Like I said, I could be doing the wrong ITF...

And when I say solo, I mean no Shivans, no nukes, and no RWZ Heavy.

And that's just because I haven't picked any up yet...

2 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

I don't know if I'm going the wrong ITF or not.

I've defeated everything in a +0/x8 Cimerora TF solo, with the exception of Romulus himself.

I haven't noticed any Nictus hanging out near him either.

Like I said, I could be doing the wrong ITF...

And when I say solo, I mean no Shivans, no nukes, and no RWZ Heavy.

And that's just because I haven't picked any up yet...

The Nictus come in the 2nd mission you fight Rommie in.