Who's got the most money?

TheSpiritFox

Among your characters?

I picked my TW/Bio scrapper to be my converting alt and while she's not always the character with the most money that's only when she's emptied her pockets to an alt and started converting again. It amused me to pick my most OP character to also be my richest. 

At the same time some of you are juggling 50 billion (what the hell do you need or would you even use that for jesus yall) and I'm sure that changes the dynamic alot. 

But I'm curious about everyones stupid little thought processes. Who among your characters do you give your money to and why lol. Who are the workhorses of your economic fleet if you have one?

• Like 1

Lately, I’ve been power leveling new alts to level 32-35 and then giving them 200m. I use that to fill out all of the slots up to that level, then buy converters and yellow recipes. I then convert as I level the rest of the way up to 50. By then I have more than enough to buy all the purples and whatnot that I want. 

okay.. A level One version of Troo on Everlasting is my actual ebil marketeer.

Started with the big inspiration from the tutorial. 30ish of the 47 market slots hide funds while busily acquiring slightly discounted purps to email to my other characters..

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

My main is my marketeer and has anywhere from nothing to cap depending on which marketing phase he is in.  My influence is spread over my 50's.  Some have 1.5B, some only 1B.  I never let any character hold more than 1.5B since I do play them occasionally and sell oddball stuff on the market with them.  I've lost influence on the stupid rollover often enough that it makes me cautious anymore about having too much on any one character.

I have about ten alts that I check each time I have a “playing session” who are involved in some particular nefarious scheme.  Almost every other alt has *something* going on, even if it’s just a block of 50 yellows for playing rare roulette.

I like to have at least 200mm and a couple of hundred converters as walking around money, so when someone has over 1.2bn cash, a billion either gets put to work or put in email.  When email starts to fill up, I pick it up with one of my vault alts and put in bids on (hopefully) unbuyable objects in the AH.

Who run Bartertown?

I've got two characters with significant money. My Rad/Fire who is capped and passes off all profits to my DB/DA scrapper who spends it all (dang kids). But I put that scrapper to work a couple days ago now that his build is complete and now I have about 600m on him. That's really it. I'm still a baby capitalist compared to most of you. I only really started doing this at the beginning of June I think. 

My marketeer is whichever alt is next up on earning the Invention crafting & Marketeering badges, & keeps the job until the following character is ready to take over the mantle.  My 4th marketeer is just handing the reins over the 5th now.  The 1st 4 all have 1.9 billion on hand, while my other alts have about 500 million each.  But I am a small operator by the standards of this forum, just looking to earn badges & to afford the (what used to be ludicrously expensive on Live) builds that I design.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

I give each alt 100million for a p2w set up. From there, they tend to earn their own keep. 
By the time they hit 50, they all carry 1 billion. 
Surplus is kept in 900m attachments in email. I suppose I could put 1 billion in the email and carry 900M.  Or some variation, but it's what I've settled into.

See what you did? You gave me the idea to suggest they raise the inf cap. 

Edited by Ukase
additional note

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

See what you did? You gave me the idea to suggest they raise the inf cap.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe this was talked about back on Retail Live and the original Devs said there was something about the code-string for Influence that they couldn't increase the holding cap because it caused some weird and troublesome bugs to pop up. I want to say something along the lines of possibly crashing a character or something. I ... don't 100% remember, it was 8+ years ago and all...

Edit to add: Essentially being able to e-mail Influence was their way of appeasing players both from a fund-transferring aspect, and fund-storage aspect.

Edited by Sir Myshkin

It is probably either an Int or Long data type.  Both of which max out at 2,147,483,647.  Lop off a bit or two for keeping track of "things" and it probably comes out to 2 Billion.  Changing this to something that can hold a larger amount could be problematic due to the number of places in the games where math is needed.  You can't use a Float since once you get to larger values there are "holes" where it won't increment correctly.  (TLDR for this; Infinite numbers, 32 bits to store those infinite possibilities in)  

So we are probably stuck with 2 Billion as the max amount without some significant and very tedious rework.

Edited by Ura Hero

Well, I can dream, right? 

It makes sense, I suppose. I'm going to assume that means we'll never get that actual bank account to stash inf for all our alts to access unless the account is capped at 2B as well..which would defeat the purpose. Thanks for the replies. I knew there must have been a reason, but couldn't remember what it was. 

The player influence cap data type issue doesn't necessarily negate the possibility of a separate bank account. 

There are larger data types that could be used and a programmer can always "make" storage of however big they need by doing some math and manipulation.  A bank would probably be an easier way to deal with the issue than trying to raise the cap for an individual player.  The biggest issue with doing a bank is how to incorporate it into the UI.  It isn't hard to do this.  It is hard to try and find all the places that use the data and "fix" it.  For something new like a true bank account, this isn't an issue.

Edited by Ura Hero

I have one dedicated market toon, a vault toon and a few farmers. I horde Purps, PVP's and keep a stockpile of common procs / IO's. About the only thing I ever end up buying are WIO/ATO's and those I just get from packs and convert or sell what I don't want to buy what I do want. The Vault has about 11bn on it currently with a goal of 20bn for a future project(s).

I do move inf off of characters from time to time when I log them in and play. I'll find I left 200m here and there or they have sold a bunch of stuff and I'll collect the funds and email it if I remember to.

Well whoever it is he or she, they are more than welcome to dump some on me in Reunion on my Banshee of Wight toon 😉

Starting the game up again I entirely forgot how absolute horribly expensive stuff is in Inf when you start from scratch

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

58 minutes ago, Snowman Frost said:

Well whoever it is he or she, they are more than welcome to dump some on me in Reunion on my Banshee of Wight toon 😉

Starting the game up again I entirely forgot how absolute horribly expensive stuff is in Inf when you start from scratch

If you head over to this General Discussion thread, @Yomo Kimyata will set you up with 20 million :-)

• Like 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• 4 weeks later

I have 8 lvl 50's who are involved in marketing, with 2 more on the way. I keep 1 billion on each of them for liquid funds (if I go over, I just email the overflow to my global). I keep most of my influence in my email in 250 million inf packets (so I can get to it easily from any toon). I think the last time I counted in there I had 15 billion or so floating in my email. I also have about 1 billion in bids out on each of those 50's ..... so I guess, if I pulled all my bids, and counted it all, I'd probably be sitting on around 30 billion or so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1