What is the point of Scrappers????

Mo'Fire

Soft cap defense and max resist and likely has a self heal, what exactly stops a scrapper from being able to do an AE Farm?  Aren't those tailored to the build anyways?

So, max defense and resist to the damage type, in this case, I'm guessing fire, so Fire Armor with a self heal.

18 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Soft cap defense and max resist and likely has a self heal, what exactly stops a scrapper from being able to do an AE Farm?  Aren't those tailored to the build anyways?

So, max defense and resist to the damage type, in this case, I'm guessing fire, so Fire Armor with a self heal.

Yeah, just so many levels of "WTF" from OP.  I can reliably farm S/L farms with a cap/softcap Stalker, let alone a Scrapper.  

43 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Yeah, just so many levels of "WTF" from OP.  I can reliably farm S/L farms with a cap/softcap Stalker, let alone a Scrapper.  

Dude who cares??? well done for you. You go farm with your stalker............

The topic is about a change that was made to Scrappers and the decline in hours played on scrappers.

Why is that?? because Brutes and Tank do a much better job.

8 hours ago, Mo'Fire said:

I am not saying the caps have changed, What I am saying is the ability to get the elude effect from soft cap defences and cap resists was changed.

Not the physical numbers you see 45% defence and the 75% resistance BUT the base values.

Only those that was pushing the Scrapper to its limits noticed those effects, and those who was playing Scrapper in team play casual wouldn't of noticed these effects as much.

These changed was not widely known and was not announced.

And for the critical hit changes they did happen after AE. I clearly remember reslotting my Spines/Fire to try out the sets when ATO's come to live.

You’re dreaming.

18 minutes ago, Mo'Fire said:

The topic is about a change that was made to Scrappers and the decline in hours played on scrappers.

That never happened.  Scrappers have had the same resist caps and crit chances for longer than AE existed

• Like 1

To be absolutely clear:

Resistance and Defense are NOT a function of base values of the AT. If you have 75% Res you have 75% Res, it's not 75% OF some other value. Same with Defense.

Scrapper crits have not changed in a LOOOOOONG time. Like since issue 2 or something.

Scrapper's DO have, and always have had, lower HP than Brutes or Tankers, which is part of why they are not as good at farming.

• Like 1

Okay I actually thought this was the other what is the place of Scrappers thread.  

looking over the thread now .. 

First off - the focus of this thing is FARMING? Huh?

Yes Scrappers are not the greatest Farming AT.  Scrappers aren't the greatest anything AT, they are generalists.  

On the stealth undocumented Super Secret Squirrel Nerf =>  Uhm.  Extraordinary Claims require Evidence.  And even if they were nerfed way way back before AE came out?  How does that change anything about Scrappers in the last say .. IDK .. 5 years? (10 years? )

Interesting Note .. Farming isn't even the best way to make Influence.  Even before it was "nerfed"

Scrappers are just as good as Brutes and Tankers at the fastest way to make money.  

• Like 2

Definitely of the opinion scrappers need their resistance cap raised a bit and not have it be at the exact same level as every "squishy" class out there, but other than that they are fine imo.  A pure resistance brute can do almost the same damage and yet be 2.5 times "sturdier" (at capped res=brute taking 10% damage vs scrapper taking 25%).  In the meantime I just play defense sets with them and avoid pure resistance based sets.

39 minutes ago, Mo'Fire said:

And yet you have not even explained what changed.  Please explain how things were before and after the change. 

3 minutes ago, josh1622 said:

That never happened.  Scrappers have had the same resist caps and crit chances for longer than AE existed

Wow, these forums are full of people with selective reading and people who want to voice their nonsense opinions to build up their post count.

I am clearly pissing against the wind here with all the nay say. Just because you read the forums and wiki a lot, doesn't mean you know everything.

NOT the physical number stats you see, but the base stat modifyers.

I was doing farms with elite bosses only with a spines/fire scrapper with soft cap defence and cap resists and taking little to no damage like you see on your typical tank/brute farmer built the same way today on +4x8 farms.

And for those who nay say and be like........

"scrappers have less resist, they are going to take more damage" blaaa blaaa blaaaa

Try this out for yourself...

Make a fire scrapper with soft cap and max resists and try it on a +4x8 fire farm

Then make an ice brute or tank that has around 60-70 fire resists and soft cap defences and see the difference on the evade states.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mo'Fire said:

Then make an ice brute or tank that has around 60-70 fire resists and soft cap defences and see the difference on the evade states.

There's literally no such thing as "evade states". 

Also, Brutes literally have the same base stat defensive modifiers as Scrappers, the only difference is the higher HP and higher resist cap.  

You're literally making up stuff that doesn't exist.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mo'Fire said:

Wow, these forums are full of people with selective reading and people who want to voice their nonsense opinions to build up their post count.

I am clearly pissing against the wind here with all the nay say. Just because you read the forums and wiki a lot, doesn't mean you know everything.

I was doing farms with elite bosses only with a spines/fire scrapper with soft cap defence and cap resists and taking little to no damage like you see on your typical tank/brute farmer built the same way today on +4x8 farms.

And for those who nay say and be like........

"scrappers have less resist, they are going to take more damage" blaaa blaaa blaaaa

Try this out for yourself...

Make a fire scrapper with soft cap and max resists and try it on a +4x8 fire farm

Clearly just a troll at this point.  Should have closed the thread long ago as OS and others have suggested.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mo'Fire said:

That is what they are asking you to explain. 

Since no one is aware of this mechanic?  

I do know it exists for Damage scale.  And that is how it works there. 

But beyond that I have never heard of what it is you refer.  Not saying its impossible.  Just seems like no one else knows what you mean? 

2 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

That is what they are asking you to explain.

It's too late. He gave up on us. Sorry, "with" us. Now I'll never know what "the elude effect" is, what "evade states" are, and what sort of "base stat modifyers" were changed. And I guess there's no point looking for understanding in the patch notes since the nerf "was not announced". If only I'd been "pushing the Scrapper to its limits", maybe I'd have "noticed those effects", but unfortunately at the time I was just a casual player soloing AVs and the RWZ challenge using Scrapper challenge rules. Ah, well. I suppose I don't need to understand an 11-year old stealth nerf.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Werner said:

It's too late. He gave up on us. Sorry, "with" us. Now I'll never know what "the elude effect" is, what "evade states" are, and what sort of "base stat modifyers" were changed. And I guess there's no point looking for understanding in the patch notes since the nerf "was not announced". If only I'd been "pushing the Scrapper to its limits", maybe I'd have "noticed those effects", but unfortunately at the time I was just a casual player soloing AVs and the RWZ challenge using Scrapper challenge rules. Ah, well. I suppose I don't need to understand an 11-year old stealth nerf.

I think it was supposed to be Evade Stats. 

Also the Elude effect I'm speculating he is saying there is some sort of Defense version of Damage Scale.  So that scrappers get less out of capped defense than Brutes and Tankers do. 

So implying some sort of fractional multiplier I guess.  

Not actually a bad idea game design wise.  I'd be surprised if it hadn't been used somewhere.  Just I never heard of it in COH .. 

• Like 2