Why not, just for fun...

Character: Wuigly Squigly

Global: @KingofMonkeys

SG: Anti Unwise Council

Shard: Torchbearer

Passcode: Pizza-2544

Builder: @KingofMonkeys

Nightcastle

An enchanted medieval island lorded over by a tall castle. The castle grounds include a small market, arena, crypt, hedgemaze, dungeon and a couple hidden passages. Legend has it a dragon slumbers in a cave beneath the island. There are a few magical artifacts and Easter eggs scattered about, so feel free to explore.

screenshot_200814-05-45-39.thumb.jpg.e96179ef72ea475ff8069debb8188458.jpg

ok the nerd in me screams "This is freakin cool! what a amazing job

Edited by Onemantankwall
seems like portals are missing? i had to fly inside the keep

• Your character name (the character with the red star): Electronuts
  • Your global handle: @Electronuts
  • Your Supergroup name: Lab 63
  • The shard you’re on: Excelsior
  • The passcode for entering the Supergroup base:  Lab63-7550
  • The character names or global handles of any Supergroup members that contributed to building the base (up to a maximum of five, including yourself if you contributed): @Electronuts
  • 4 areas to note:
    • Entrace area - head to the south east for in base teleports to... 
    • The Villa
    • Pocket 63, which contains another in base teleport to the interior of ...
    • The Globe

screenshot_200919-17-28-04.jpg

screenshot_200919-17-28-21.jpg

screenshot_200919-17-28-59.jpg

screenshot_200919-17-31-34.jpg

• Like 3

Character: Statesmini

Global:  @ShardWarrior

SG: Mini Freedom Phalanx

Shard: Torchbearer

Passcode: MINIFP-2745

Builder:  @ShardWarrior

The Phalanx Keep:

Prior to his death, Statesman revealed the location of the well to the Minis, whom he entrusted to guard it and keep it safe.  Fearing it would fall into the wrong hands, he had hidden it deep within Phalanx Keep, an ancient mystical stronghold located in a hellish place where few dared to venture....

A little history on the Minis:

The products of a failed experiment organized by the FBSA and administered by a joint venture of Freedom Corps and Vanguard, the "minis" were cloned from the genetic material of various super powered donors.  The project - code named "Operation Goliath" - was an attempt to build an army of clones after the heavy superhero losses at the end of the first Rikti War.  The experiment failed as none of the clones ever reached a height beyond three feet tall.  However, they did receive a plethora of superhuman abilities and have banded together to fight evil throughout the world.   This is a parody supergroup

Points of Interest:

Aleph Point -  The Forge of Hephasteus - workshop, empowerment and storage.  Small door on the West wall inside the Keep.

Beth Point - The secret location of the Well.  Small door on the East wall inside the Keep.

Daleth Point - Main hall before the throne.

Kaph Point - The Chamber of the Phalanx.  SG meeting area and crypt.  Read the magic spellbook on the table inside the Keep for the proper incantation to access this chamber.

Yodh Point - Return to the base entrance portal.

Zayin Point - Base of the primary drawbridge at the foot of the stairway entrance to the Keep.

Be sure to check out the interior of the tower with the grand mage's study is at the top.  The two drawbridges have the raising mechanism underneath and are controlled from the central rampart.  There are a few exploration badges hidden throughout as well.  See if you can find them all!  Keep an eye out for wandering hell hounds!

Be sure to use /visscale 5 or higher

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 5

There's a lot of really cool stuff posted in here. Everlasting has such a big talent pool. I'm adding my own base to the mix.

Character: Giovanni Valia

Global: @Gio Valia

SG: Shades of Arachnos

Shard: Excelsior

Passcode: 1-6811

Builder: Gio (Myself)

Villain lair of the Shades of Arachnos. Off-shore Arachnos base in the Rogue Isles, located not far from Grandville. On the surface the base has two functions, oil extraction and communications relay. However, the true purpose of it's design is to serve as a military base for staging invasions into Paragon City. Recently the structure has undergone many unsanctioned "improvements". There is talk that it's commander may harbor his own ambitions beyond Arachnos...

Access the subterranean levels via the surface elevator or emergency stairs. Doors function via portal effects; click the glowing section to pass between rooms.

1891692068_Base1-min.thumb.png.9f0ad7af634af9a435a14c8d9b33ba62.png

101883745_Base2-min.thumb.png.b2a8e9b188334cb61a29a713b6f0a93d.png

1933376232_Base3-min.thumb.png.516b571b563a92b7a630c0e9931b981f.png

983607673_Base4-min.thumb.png.b37aea267e36f487fa353176acc1e2a5.png

576333596_Base5-min.thumb.png.52732f470ad08306aa56a78a5a4397b4.png

Edited by Giovanni Valia
Replaced in-game screenshots. Originals were low resolution.
  • Like 4

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

On 9/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, PotatoEyes said:
  • Magical Ghoul Lily
  • @Skia2
  • Nomans Island
  • Everlasting
  • WILDERNESS-7876
  • Entirely the work of my two too-patient hands

There's a hidden cave (that in turn has a hidden cave with a tiny treasure box), but the best things a visitor may find are special moments best discovered in the course of a leisurely hike.

screenshot_200918-19-20-55.jpg

This base is a truly a work of art!  Very well done! 🙂

• Like 3

On 9/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, GM Miss said:

I have personally been to every base so far and I am blown away, you guys are so creative. This is going to be a great contest! 

Just having someone visit a base is a big accomplishment. Thank you for hosting this contest, and checking out the bases.

I'm looking forward to visiting all the Excelsior bases that are listed here.

Win or lose, this has been a wonderful event.

-- @First of Equals

• Retired Lead Game Master
8 hours ago, sponazgul said:

Just having someone visit a base is a big accomplishment. Thank you for hosting this contest, and checking out the bases.

I'm looking forward to visiting all the Excelsior bases that are listed here.

Win or lose, this has been a wonderful event.

-- @First of Equals

It has been my pleasure. I've walked away from every single base inspired by something. 

• Like 2

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

• Community Rep

Amazing bases! Wow, I don't know how you're going to choose! Thanks for doing this contest, and thanks for looking at all of our bases! Nothing makes a base builder happier than having people see their stuff. 🙂

In the ONES space ship, the Oranderite, I did want to call attention to detail. Check out, for example, the bar in the nightclub. There's a garnish tray for drink garnishes there. I tried to pay attention to detail in each room I did. Thanks!

-Dacy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Retired Lead Game Master
22 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Amazing bases! Wow, I don't know how you're going to choose! Thanks for doing this contest, and thanks for looking at all of our bases! Nothing makes a base builder happier than having people see their stuff. 🙂

In the ONES space ship, the Oranderite, I did want to call attention to detail. Check out, for example, the bar in the nightclub. There's a garnish tray for drink garnishes there. I tried to pay attention to detail in each room I did. Thanks!

-Dacy

I know how much time and effort you guys put into bases (Its a pastime of mine as well) so I promise I am being *very* thorough. 

• Like 3

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

On 9/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, Rose said:

Char name Rose

Global: @rose

SG: Council of the Rose

Shard: Excelsior 

Pass code: Rose-1234

Contributors: none

GAH! YOUR GOING THRU BASES ALREADY?!?! MINES NOT DONE YET!!! NOT DONE!!! PARTY FOWL! 🦆 I will requote my post when I am actually done, please thank you and god bless. *COH FOREVER* (chhheerrrrsss) ~~~oooooooahhhhhhh~~~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• SG Leader: Iron Joe
  • Global : @ironjoe
  • Supergroup: KGB Special Section 8
  • Shard: Everlasting
  • Passcode: KGBSS8-3602
  • Contributors: Miyria (@Stormwrek) 99%, Iron Joe (@ironjoe) 1%

First we start in our fictional portion of Kings Row.

1.thumb.jpg.502904f829133cb9bd0acbe0576e1ccb.jpg

Then we head to our base offices on Kings Row.

2.thumb.jpg.fa089555008d6b8b8b2c616de3877dc5.jpg

Next we see some of our base interior. From there you can head to the roof for Helicopter transport to the Rikti War Zone or... the transporters to our moon base.

3.thumb.jpg.a2615163bdbbee4ff8592a4b58407453.jpg

Where we have an even large facility.

4.thumb.jpg.056a6344816f46358de2608d856c7208.jpg

And the equipment to protect all of Earth.

5.thumb.jpg.54bfd5703cd984592931119bedb83c6e.jpg

Open world base building seems to be all the rage right now. To differentiate our base has multiple distinct portions and is NOT an open concept except the street in Kings Row.

• Like 3

Compared to most of these, mine is a tiny little place...it's a special place though, a magical psychadelic grotto, perfect for certain kinds of RP. Visit us any time and have fun!

• Boudicia Dark
  • @Boudicia Dark
  • Sapphic Sisters
  • everlasting
  • SISTERS-2084
  • Boudicia Dark and Skroo Bahl
  • OPTIONAL: Up to five screenshots of your base
    • Instead of screenshots (why spoil it? It is such a tiny base...) I choose instead to sing to you the song of my people, "Darkstar" by the Grateful Dead:
    • Dark star crashes, pouring its light into ashes
      Reason tatters, the forces tear loose from the axis
      Searchlight casting for faults in the clouds of delusion
      Shall we go, you and I while we can
      Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?
      Mirror shatters in formless reflections of matter
      Glass hand dissolving in ice, petal flowers revolving
      Lady in velvet recedes in the nights of good-bye
      Shall we go, you and I while we can
      Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Starship Valkyrie on Reunion

Set /vis_scale 7 for full depth

Still tweaking interior, but should be ready by end of October..

• Valynata
  • @Valfyre
  • Valkyrie Vanguard
  • Reunion
  • VV-4913

Ship View with outer space battle..

v1.thumb.jpg.528e96ba975552ca593d82060f31ac76.jpg

Upper Deck: Bridge, Vertical dropshaft connects upper and lower decks. Airlock to get outside. Teleports to all decks.

v2.thumb.jpg.a678537bd1406121d4fc4f1c63f0f3cc.jpg

Lower Deck: Activities and entertainment. Dance Floor, Swimming Pool, Bowling Alley, Food Court, Billards and Park. (Movie Theatre under construction)

v3.thumb.jpg.07a19411e801bdce058f66142be3b57e.jpg

Plasma Cannons !!!

v4.thumb.jpg.b0da61d4c4ef81f8d69338706504cc35.jpg

Flight Deck and Drone Bays. Armory. Hospital.

v5.thumb.jpg.c68b4f7a6ce5e2f8a5c13f4f2180aaaa.jpg

Edited by Mythozz
  • Like 4

• Taki Hakata
  • @Taki
  • O_o
  • Excelsior 
  • caprona-1021
  • Aleusha, Taki Hakata
  • 1.png.c5e0cb6a6dd9736585ded2850124fc38.png
  • 29.png.accd348894b3adb007fd11eefbdd680d.png
  • 41.png.b0e79855c479cdcf6339681e962e4280.png
  • 54.png.3b812bee11449777250b308ae76116fb.png
  • 76.png.81393086a13dafbdb737df2d2a058a40.png

Aleusha was the grand master poohbah behind the base. She worked for a year on it, I think the chandelier in the bank at night is clever and awesome 

There are portals to the apartments, oh and when you die and rez in the base hospital, the second floor is a bit disorienting. The portal is in the elevator where you would face out to press a button. In the bank, in the elevator look to the left it's how you get into the conference area etc. There are exploration badges for the areas in the town (but they of course do not award a badge). The train is her proudest accomplishment, made out of lights. 

• Like 3

• Jimmy pinned this topic

The Argonauts

base.thumb.jpg.d659b6ceea44b001f2ee28a2db2b5de4.jpg

Welcome to The Argonauts' Supergroup Base.

SG Leader:  Argonism
Global Handle:  @Crack-Shot 
     Supergroup:  The Argonauts
    Shard:  Reunion
         Base Passcode:  TheArgonauts-3899
         Builder/Contributer:  Argonism (@Crack-shot)

Facilities enjoyed by our members include:

Teleportation to most destinations within Paragon City and The Rogue Isles, including cooperative zones 

Access to a Pillar of Ice and Flame for flashback missions

Ample base storage, salvage racks, personal secure vault storage and invention crafting facilities

Reward Merit ATMs

Secure holding facilities for apprehended individuals

Impressive support from Vanguard and Hero Corps

We hope that you will enjoy your visit!

Our fleet of Flyer/Interceptors stand ever-ready to provide aerial support and mission transportation when requisitioned

Flyer_Interceptors_Ready_to_launch.thumb.jpg.cc5181d3d1ee15d1381fbec6b4b2ba7c.jpg

Apprehended Hostiles awaiting due process in our Secure Holding Facility 

Secure_Holding_Facility.thumb.jpg.7e83c95e173253c3e8ef1b2326a199c4.jpg

PortalCorpsTM Technology power our main extra-dimensional portal which is permanently manned with support from Vanguard and HeroCorps.

Manned_Portal.thumb.jpg.bde407e27065b76cc2d4ce18d2b93012.jpg

A strong Vanguard and HeroCorp presence stand ready to receive hostile invaders, whether terrestrial or extra-dimensional

Vanguard_HeroCorp.thumb.jpg.cc346a753ee9dc6bedc1d6f501ce12ae.jpg

There is much more to see, but further images have been deemed [ Classified ]

Access to The Argonauts' Supergroup Base has been made available using the Passcode "TheArgonauts-3899"

Visitors will be warmly received and once they have undergone Security Clearance they will be made eligible for a tour of those facilities not directly affecting National Security.

ArgonautsTM merchandising available from our gift shop

We hope to see you very soon!

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 11:40 PM, Rose said:

GAH! YOUR GOING THRU BASES ALREADY?!?! MINES NOT DONE YET!!! NOT DONE!!! PARTY FOWL! 🦆 I will requote my post when I am actually done, please thank you and god bless. *COH FOREVER* (chhheerrrrsss) ~~~oooooooahhhhhhh~~~

Yeah, I hope they hold judgement til the end of the month. I took a bit of extra time to polish mine, but I threw mine out there early on.

Better throw the hat in the ring for our base.

Character name: Me'er

Global Handle: @ltzerge

SG Name: The Alpha Division

Shard: Everlasting

Passcode: alphad-1335

Contributors: None directly (but everyone here if its in regards to inspiration lol)

The base has a ton of other areas to access and explore, accessed via portal linked doors. Nervous an unguided judge will simply miss a lot of things 😮 

screenshot_200130-23-43-55.jpg?width=1194&height=671

• Like 2

Oh wow. Okay, I know there's no way I can win compared to some of the AMAZING efforts here, but I'm still proud of what I've put together and would like others to see it. Kudos to all of the other builders. You've earned it.

• Character Name: Sergent Gamble
  • Global: @McSpazz
  • 9-Tail Labs
  • Everlasting
  • 9TAILS-12137
  • Builders: @McSpazz
  • Description: It appears to be just a house situated among others near the primary Vanguard owned area just outside of the Rikti Warzone. But behind a bookshelf in the basement, there is an entry to the underground workshop owned by Trixie Gamble. 9-Tail Labs: We make it because nobody else will take you seriously!

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by McSpazz
Added a screenshot
  • Like 2

• Your character name (the character with the red star): Base Guardian
  • Your global handle: @Electronuts
  • Your Supergroup name: Lab 49
  • The shard you’re on: TorchB
  • The passcode for entering the Supergroup base:  LAB49-2067
  • The character names or global handles of any Supergroup members that contributed to building the base (up to a maximum of five, including yourself if you contributed): @Electronuts
  • 4 areas to note:
    • At the end of the central hall, Aleph point will take you to the graveyard
    • At the far end of the graveyard, the stone temple will take you to Heth point, the floating throne room
    • In the Library, the large book will take you to the Gimel point oasis and ...
    • the Samekh point dungeon - follow the lights and go all the way down
  • Like 1