Homecoming Launcher Public Beta

Number Six

18 hours ago, Renegade said:

Ran into issues with my AV saying the link to download the launcher was infected and blocked, I added the url to the exception list then I get this when the install runs

Feature:
Antivirus
The file C:\Games\COHBeta\Homecoming\bin\win32\launchercli.exe.stage is infected with Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.6013 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean. 

AV I am running is Bit defender, I also told it to restore the file and reinstall, but this probably needs to be looked at and addresed

This will happen because it's an exe file. The best thing you could do is report it as a safe file to your antivirus company directly.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Norton 360 appears to be blocking HC Installer. I've gone through permissions and "allowed" but each time I try to open HC Installer it blocks it again. Anyone know of a work around?

Also, it appears that after attempting to install, there were several intrusion attempts (attached).

735965998_Screenshot2020-10-26085223.jpg.9106f757e1a50c24ec397bc7935d2c8d.jpg1059274754_Screenshot2020-10-26085038.jpg.205f5fc2ef0c90cffa42bafd06d5ba5a.jpg

Edited by bhflatte
Added information and screen shots.

18 hours ago, Gavric said:

I'm seeing a lot of graphics artifacts.  Admittedly, this could be my system.

When I move my mouse pointer over sections of the GUI, they black out.  Sometimes everything except what I hover over blacks out.  Anyone else seeing something like this?

Artifacts-001.png

Artifacts-002.png

Artifacts-003.png

Artifacts-004.png

I'm experiencing this issue as well, specifically the "things being black" issue when I hover my mouse over the launcher. Has anybody else experienced this or determined the fix? I'm on Windows 7 64.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

I ran the hcinstall.exe and it did it's thing and saw a previous version of Tequila and did the copy thing but now when i click the desktop short cut i get the agreement and Accept/reject buttons but on clicking Accept it does nothing.

Nothing starts up.

Installed in a new location as per the instructions.

Tried a different different location and nothing.

agreement window..accept..nothing.

on win 10 x64

Edited by Chelsea Rorec

through the new launcher my window scaling is off on live,

I can tell because window are overlapping. I can notice the most on my wrap around trays.

I'm trying to remember/find where the window scaling option might be. I may have changed the option for that.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Hi, I'm kinda new to the server, but old to the game and I have questions regarding item that I've seen in the game that I've noticed that we didn't have back in the day like the animated hair and other items when are we gonna get those back, furthermore the wind control ability I have question regarding those because the idea of wind pressure manipulation is their but it seems to be unexecute I figure the graphic would be kinda like the wind powers in storm summoning. Will these new powers likely be in the game and How soon can we receive the animated hair and other items missed?

• Confused 1

have it sorted. Thanks

Not sure why the window scaling didn't carry over with the rest of the info

• Confused 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Is there any way to allow multi login to both beta and live while using the same account?

That reminds me, I found that didn't work when I tested it. :/ Granted, that's an interesting dual-box scenario.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

47 minutes ago, HCortana said:

will i need to make new characters for the new launcher?

No...it is just a different way to access the game.  You will still get the same log in screen where you enter the same info...its just taking a different, safer road to get there.

Edited by EmmySky

On 10/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, Chelsea Rorec said:

I ran the hcinstall.exe and it did it's thing and saw a previous version of Tequila and did the copy thing but now when i click the desktop short cut i get the agreement and Accept/reject buttons but on clicking Accept it does nothing.

Nothing starts up.

Installed in a new location as per the instructions.

Tried a different different location and nothing.

agreement window..accept..nothing.

on win 10 x64

Experiencing this on my Win 7 and Win XP boxes as well   Win 7/64bit  

Reinstalled,   made sure Antivirus was not blocking it, nor is my firewall.

25 alts with all the badges!

18 hours ago, blueEmpathy said:

Hi! I just installed the new launcher, but when i go to use it and click 'Accept', nothing happens. Can anyone help me out with this?

Happens to me too on my old XP and win 7 boxes and sometimes with 10, awaiting update.

25 alts with all the badges!

On 10/14/2020 at 2:12 AM, Number Six said:

What OS are you running on? You might try running the launcher with -nowdl to force it to fall back to standard GDI drawing instead of using Direct2D.

I tried that tag in the windows shortcut and it seems to make a huge difference when interacting on my Win7 x64 system.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:52 PM, blueEmpathy said:

Hi! I just installed the new launcher, but when i go to use it and click 'Accept', nothing happens. Can anyone help me out with this?

You are not alone there, happens to me too. It would be nice to know if there is a fix, or workaround, for the issue. It's clearly not an isolated issue as there are a couple of other threads talking about it.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

On 10/27/2020 at 4:41 PM, Grimm said:

Windows 10, relatively updated, launcher shows User policy, click accept and nothing. Tried running normally and as administrator. I can provide a dxdiag if requested.

I'm having the exact same problem. 

55 minutes ago, darg said:

I was hoping this might fix the cant connect to DBServer but alas it doesn't.  I guess resetting my modem every few days will have to continue to do.

How new is the modem? Maybe get a mild upgrade?

On 10/26/2020 at 7:59 AM, Safehouse said:

I'm experiencing this issue as well, specifically the "things being black" issue when I hover my mouse over the launcher. Has anybody else experienced this or determined the fix? I'm on Windows 7 64.

i also am running into that same issue.  also on win 7 64bit edition.   first pic is after i try to mouse over it, second is after some clicking  then opening a window over it then dismissing window, but just goes back to 1st pic when i mouse over again to log into beta or normal servers

HC Launcher Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Edited by Selune Do' Might