Too quiet share your thoughts!

EmmySky

So here’s a general conversation starter... Was texture wrapping on the female model always so shoddy?

I literally cannot use a two-color option on the Widow costumes because the pattern on the inside thighs and upper calves doesn’t line up. Yesterday my longstanding love of the Vanguard costume pieces was tarnished when I noticed that the texture wrapping clipped just slightly into the bottom inside of the thigh plates.

Countless other female costume options have bits like that which don’t quite align and the crazy part is that I don’t remember that being a problem on Live. Was something done to the female model in the i24 or a later build that changed how the textures wrapped?

And a related problem; the Blend pattern actually includes part of the upper color all the way down to the waist, creating a visible line at the waist even on costumes where the underlying texture is seemless (ex. The Vanguard costume or Organic Armor or the Circle of Thorns).

While fixing the wrapping would fix everything at once, that may be beyond the ability of our devs to fix (it’d need to have its UV coordinates tweaked in something like Blender or Deep Paint). The other alternative would be to tweak the offending texture maps (though one needs to be careful that said tweaks don’t lead to misaligned maps on the male and huge figures) which requires only a photoshop type program and could even be implemented via the Data folder rather than messing with the actual piggs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris24601 said:

I literally cannot use a two-color option on the Widow costumes because the pattern on the inside thighs and upper calves doesn’t line up. Yesterday my longstanding love of the Vanguard costume pieces was tarnished when I noticed that the texture wrapping clipped just slightly into the bottom inside of the thigh plates.

I either don't spend nearly enough time staring at my thighs, or this issue doesn't occur with any of the costume parts I typically use (skirts, toga).

It's sad that Verizon is such a terrible provider.  I could be logged in, thigh-gazing right now.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

8 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I either don't spend nearly enough time staring at my thighs, or this issue doesn't occur with any of the costume parts I typically use (skirts, toga).

It's sad that Verizon is such a terrible provider.  I could be logged in, thigh-gazing right now.

Stop using all your data to shop for high explosives. 😉 

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

DC had Crisis On Infinite Earths, and Marvel had Secret Wars...  what does City of Heroes bring to the multiversal crossover table?

Praetoria, Ouroboros, maybe kinda the Shadow Shard as far as dimensional travel goes.

It would be awesome to have a Homecoming Crisis Of Multiple Toons, whereby everyone's individual army of toons was condensed into a single toon, putting an end to ALTitis, for all time. <grin>

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I'm lonely.  The only company I get is when the FBI stops by for a "chat".  😞

If you need someone to talk to feel free to talk to me anytime you want. I'm marginally better than the FBI. Plus I can point you in easier directions like getting a rifle and a few ounces of tannerite if you really want to make stuff go boom.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

10 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

If you need someone to talk to feel free to talk to me anytime you want. I'm marginally better than the FBI.

It was intended as a humorous reference to our government's surveillance program, and the fact that I live in an off-grid cabin in an under-populated rural location, which, in conjunction with purchasing (or attempting to purchase) restricted goods, would attract the FBI's attention.  I've got two cats and a forest full of animals to keep me company, and they do a remarkable job of it.

18 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Plus I can point you in easier directions like getting a rifle

Even if there are no restrictions which prevent me from owning a firearm, I won't allow myself to have one.  I don't always think clearly when I'm stressed, and I've made certain judgmental errors in the past which indicate that it would be unwise.  A crossbow is sufficient for my needs, and safer.

• Like 2

I'd really like to see a story arc in which Nemesis gains control of the Nictus.  And created Nemecysts.

HISSING purple doom crystals.  Need!

I also wish Confuse weren't such a restricted mechanic.  It's the one thing I want on every character, especially in the post-40 game when you're constantly facing enemies with great buffs, like Vengeance and Accelerate Metabolism.  The chance to Confuse in Interface -> Cognitive isn't really effective for stealing buffs, frustratingly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Troo said:

Soon approaches..

[Beta] Patch Notes for October 24th, 2020 - Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 (Build 1)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/23360-beta-patch-notes-for-october-24th-2020-issue-27-second-chances-page-1-build-1

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

46 minutes ago, nihilii said:

So it's agreed then. Two weeks from now we all stop posting, and when devs see it's too quiet again, they will release I28.

I wish you the best of luck in shutting me up for any length of time.

I28 won't be out until 2072, if I have to stop posting for it to happen.  😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Troo said:

[Beta] Patch Notes for October 24th, 2020 - Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 (Build 1)

I've been back for less than a day and now I want to respec all my characters back in to Teleportation and roll several Energy Melee characters...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sif said:

I've been back for less than a day and now I want to respec all my characters back in to Teleportation and roll several Energy Melee characters...

Just know, it's a long way from done or decided. There should be definite improvement.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, Sif said:

Tweaks to the Teleport pool work for me. I only have three toons, but all three have Recall Friend.

As a tank, if I teleport into a mob, does that actually mean that I'm immune to the alpha? That should be amusing.

Nice to have less end reduction on Team Teleport, but in practice, you need to pace the ports because otherwise you risk losing people due to latency (and I suppose for those that are slow to accept the port).

For Teleport Foe, the issue wasn't range, but slotting for accuracy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

Tweaks to the Teleport pool work for me. I only have three toons, but all three have Recall Friend.

As a tank, if I teleport into a mob, does that actually mean that I'm immune to the alpha? That should be amusing.

Nice to have less end reduction on Team Teleport, but in practice, you need to pace the ports because otherwise you risk losing people due to latency (and I suppose for those that are slow to accept the port).

For Teleport Foe, the issue wasn't range, but slotting for accuracy.

The only drawback I see with combining TP for and Recall friend is that you can't target though someone else and TP the foe to you.

other than that, the Teleport changes look pretty ok.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

The only drawback I see with combining TP for and Recall friend is that you can't target though someone else and TP the foe to you.

other than that, the Teleport changes look pretty ok.

As a tank, I suppose that you mean like the following:

1. You have a large mob and most of the team with you.

2. But someone got their left confused with their right, and is dying somewhere.

3. You select that person, and then Teleport Foe by targetting through them, bringing their adversary to you.

If you type /assist, then you target the person's target, and then you can teleport foe (though apparently no longer through walls).

I think I'd prefer to just use Recall Friend to bring the teammate back into the group. Mind you, it would be *awesome* if a version of Recall Friend *also* brought that person's aggro'd mobs with them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

As a tank, I suppose that you mean like the following:

1. You have a large mob and most of the team with you.

2. But someone got their left confused with their right, and is dying somewhere.

3. You select that person, and then Teleport Foe by targetting through them, bringing their adversary to you.

If you type /assist, then you target the person's target, and then you can teleport foe (though apparently no longer through walls).

I think I'd prefer to just use Recall Friend to bring the teammate back into the group. Mind you, it would be *awesome* if a version of Recall Friend *also* brought that person's aggro'd mobs with them.

Back in the day, I used to team with my brother a lot. We both had TF foe on our characters. He'd drop a Trip mine or six, and I'd scout out the bad guys. I'd select a nice target that wouldn't aggro the entire group, and he'd TP foe the guy onto his mines by targeting through me.

But, that was also back before Incarnates, and being able to easily deal with +?/x8 missions.

Some of us aren't as interested in clearing missions in 30 seconds or less.

Devices for blasters isn't really a power-set that is built for speed runs.

• Like 3

my head is a scary thing to share

See the source image

• Confused 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?