Too quiet share your thoughts!

EmmySky

General Discussion has been kinda quiet lately.  This is my staple literature for reading on lunch break at work, hiding from parents at their house and smoke/coffee breaks at home.  Needless to say (but I say it anyway) I am well caught up on General Discussions.

This makes me peruse Help and Bugs forums, but I am caught up there too.  I am almost ready to visit Suggestions and Feedback, which is a terrible idea.

So tell me your thoughts on anything CoH-ish.  Someone has my farmer name on Torchbearer so TankYou on Torch is a fire/kin troller future farmer.  DA arcs are boring after a few hundred runs and sometimes I resort to doorsitting to complete all my T4s.  All my girls on Indom have a special SG costume and I am thinking about SG costumes for my girls on the other shards as well.  Will regen really be nerfed again, and if it is, will it just provide you with a sack of lollipops to suck on to get the taste of floor out of your mouth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

So tell me your thoughts on anything

If I could acquire some C4, very small detonators and springs with the right tension, I could make explosive arrows for my crossbow by packing the inside of the arrow with the C4 and spring-loading an electrical contact to the head, triggering the detonator.  Obviously, it would require extensive testing to ensure that the arrow explodes when it hits a target, rather than when I pull the trigger, but that could be performed with LEDs and a smart phone camera.

16 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

CoH-ish

Oh.  Um... We need more Roman/Greek costume options.  One toga, one skirt and two cuirass' aren't enough.  It's difficult to create distinction within a thematic concept without sufficient costume diversity.  The Barbarian options are okay, but it's a stretch to match them to the Roman options.  I might have to make the next Sister beat up bad guys half-naked.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

It really bums me out that the Occult option for High Collars and Capes does not exist on female characters. I have no idea why this is.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, EmmySky said:

So tell me your thoughts on anything CoH-ish.  Someone has my farmer name on Torchbearer so TankYou on Torch is a fire/kin troller future farmer.  DA arcs are boring after a few hundred runs and sometimes I resort to doorsitting to complete all my T4s.  All my girls on Indom have a special SG costume and I am thinking about SG costumes for my girls on the other shards as well.  Will regen really be nerfed again, and if it is, will it just provide you with a sack of lollipops to suck on to get the taste of floor out of your mouth?

On TB, the Amazon Army has a loose SG uniform.  No costume pieces are mandatory, but they're based on Heraclea's colors: red and gold above, blue and white below. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

23 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Yeah, I seem to recall that the female character model got the fur coat trim shoulder option when the Arcane Booster was released.  But we're talking, like, ten years ago.  My memory isn't terribly great.

The Bolero? The Bolero has some nice options. I just really dislike how it looks from the front:

Back:

Spoiler

416072396_BoleroBack.jpg.6f75a9f21cb09905b16e8fbc49e3d659.jpg

And then the front:

Spoiler

1511896217_BoleroFront.jpg.9bf78e620aa134feda9bae9629f4ed1a.jpg

Compared to:

Spoiler

Throneblade1.jpg.7ceb9759d768ad35b4279405097f52f0.jpg

Maybe it's just the sleeves I hate...

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Google is a weird place.  I confirmed this while listening and watching my son with his speech therapist.  They were singing "old McDonald had a farm" and somehow the discussion turned to 'what does a Camel sound like.

Google has the answer which had everyone looking at me suddenly when I played it ... 🤪

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tsuko said:

i m fed up to spend hours to create costumes i love and when i toggle armors or stealth...

/suppressCloseFx 1 turns off the glowy gunky stuff.  /suppressCloseFxDist X determines how far you have to scroll the camera to see the glowy gunky stuff (try 20 if you have the camera right behind your character).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EmmySky said:

So tell me your thoughts on anything CoH-ish. 

My 50s are in semi-retirement. The end-game incarnate stuff is neat, but does not interest me as much as the mid-game. One or more of my 50s, of which I have 10, don't even have their incarnate slots fully opened. However, I will at least get the Alpha opened up and slotted with a +1 level shifter.

I don't go for all the IO sets. For the most part, vanilla IOs are fine for me. However, I will regularly slot some of the one-offs. In particular, I like the knockback resistance ones, the +defense ones from the resistance sets, and the +resistance ones from the defense sets. I like Performance Shifter and Numina's. I like the +7.5% HP one. I like the ones that give me little HP boosts.

I only have one character, Red Armor, whose build I completely planned out from creation. He is one of (I think) three characters I have fully IO-setted. I think I spent about 600m infamy on that.

I love red side content and zones. I especially enjoy the level 20-30 content in Sharkhead. Blue side is confusing to me. Multiple contacts have the same story arcs due to characters coming from different origins. There are too many zones; some zones are almost completely neglected, like Baumton. However, I do like the level 20-30 content blueside. Striga rules, Croatoa drools!

PvP? No thank you. The best PvP I've ever played was in Dark Age of Camelot. It was a lot different there the way it was set up, and it was a lot of fun. Some good PvP memories there.

My dude Character Assassin is my badger. But at ~1100 badges, I got tired of it. I get disheartened at the sorts of badges he has left to get. All the Ourobororororo badges. PvP badges. Badges for healing. How's a stalker supposed to heal that much?! What's the best archetype/power sets for efficient badging?

Red Armor did every regular contact, story arc, and mission while leveling up red side. I often had to do these at -1 level to slow down the XP or even turn XP off completely sometimes. He only had to do one or two arcs through Ouroboromonroe.

I voted.

I log on all my characters every three days and drop a mission. (I have 75 characters over three accounts. No more than 27 per account because that's how many I can fit on one page of the spreadsheets I keep to track a lot of minutia.) This way, even if I don't actually play them often, they still make progress in whatever it is they're up to. Newer toons do this every four days so they can also move to a new day job location.

The theme team on Indomitable is one of the most fun things I do in game, and look forward to it every Saturday. Thank you for joining it, Emmy.

My characters are the best characters with the best costumes on any server. If someone else wins a costume contest, they are simply wrong.

• Like 1

Random Thoughts...  by Player2

• Hockey sticks would be a great weapon customization option for Staff Fighting, Battle Axe, and Titan Weapons.  I just want to make a hockey hero named High Sticker.

• Is 1000 character slots too many?  I only have 352 characters on Torchbearer...
    • What the hell is wrong with me?  How come I haven't added 648 more already and moved on to Excelsior?

• Showers get turned on by naked people.

• If I own a trademarked character, can I give myself permission to use it in the game without violating the CoC?

• Superman wore his underwear outside his pants for decades and was always considered a hero.  I do it once and I'm considered a weirdo and never invited over again.

• Would the Avengers movies have been better if Thanos assembled Infinity Bling instead of a stupid glove?
    • Random Thoughts

• I think the Huge body type is it's own gender and should have its own bathrooms.
    • Maps that show only the male / female two door option should be cited and brought up to code.
      • Forget genders, there should be one bathroom door and it should have an image of a toilet to indicate what it's for.  Anyone can use it, but you must wait your turn.

• French bread roll should be a war mace weapon customization option.  When they're stale, they're as hard as a rock.

• DC had Crisis On Infinite Earths, and Marvel had Secret Wars...  what does City of Heroes bring to the multiversal crossover table?

• Did I leave the water running in the bathroom sink at work?  Guess I'll find out Monday...

• Where is MY participation trophy???

• It's really weird that glue doesn't stick to the inside of its container. 
    • We need a glue-based Control power set.

• Why is bra singular and panties plural?

• If Eskimos threw housewarming parties, they would have to move again.
    • There's probably a good joke about how it's not politically correct to say "Eskimo" anymore, but I don't know that joke.

• The fact that there isn't a "Gun Control" power set seems like a huge oversight.
    • I'd offer some suggestions, but people would probably just shoot them down.
      • They wouldn't if my ideas weren't so full of holes to begin with.
        • Oh well, no reason to paint a target on myself.

• Schpadoinkle.

• The name "Murder Hornets" is currently available on Torchbearer.

• Everything around us is made up of energy...  and since opposites attract, if I want more positive things in my life then I should probably start putting out more negative energy.

• Pierre Teilhard de Chardin said, "Love is the most powerful and still most unknown energy in the world."
    • Therefore, Energy Blasters are technically Love Blasters, shooting love all over their enemies.
      • Gross.

• If a man gets breast implants, could his nipples still be shown on television?

• Bill Gates and I have a combined net worth of over $110 billion (U.S.)

• Remember that time when I said "I'll never forget this moment"?
    • Me neither.

• Whenever someone on a team says they have to take a bio break, it makes me laugh at the Bio Armor power set and I have to tell people about it...
    • Especially if there's someone on the team with that power set.
      • "Hey dude...  you have 'bio armor.'  He's taking a 'bio break.'  Do I really have to connect the dots here?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I love the theme team too!  My 'complete' characters are only in semi-retirement...I love running them on the theme team or if someone says they need a blaster or whatever.

I have three girls on each of the other shards but my main flock of characters is on Indom.  And some of your costumes and characters PALE in comparison to mine but I will grant that you have some pretty nifty ones 😁

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Player2 said:

Showers get turned on by naked people.

After 48 years, I finally know my place in the world.  I'm a shower.

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Superman wore his underwear outside his pants for decades and was always considered a hero.  I do it once and I'm considered a weirdo and never invited over again.

That's why I go commando.

Which means I'm not only a shower, I'm also a shower.

6 minutes ago, Player2 said:

If a man gets breast implants, could his nipples still be shown on television?

A man did, and showed them on television, and they blurred it.  I don't remember who, or when I saw the program (it was several years ago, maybe on the Discovery channel), but it was in Las Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Random Thoughts...  by Player2

Why is bra singular and panties plural?

Well now this is just going to bother me forever. 😛

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG: