Focused Feedback: Travel Updates: Base Teleportation, Long Range Teleporter Accolade, Special TP Powers

@Glacier Peak it's the interrupt period that is 10s, down from 15s (total activation is now 12s down from 17s).

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

10 minutes ago, Keovar said:

Can you show where I said it was because of PvP?  

Sorry, that wasn't addressed at you, more of a general observation.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 hours ago, GM Widower said:

Well, if I had to hazard a guess, the bit where it says Build 1, suggesting that there will be more builds later (as there always have been) before the thing goes live, in which, judging by past precedent, pretty much anything can happen.

And until it does happen, we can only go off of and provide feedback according to what is in the notes.  Otherwise we can just assume anything and everything will be in the patch, which is a futile way to go about trying to provide any sort of useful feedback. 

1 hour ago, Blackbird71 said:

And until it does happen, we can only go off of and provide feedback according to what is in the notes.  Otherwise we can just assume anything and everything will be in the patch, which is a futile way to go about trying to provide any sort of useful feedback. 

It's all in open beta on the test server, you can go try it and give them your feedback on what you found. That's what these Focused Feedbacks are for.

16 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

It's all in open beta on the test server, you can go try it and give them your feedback on what you found. That's what these Focused Feedbacks are for.

I think people are worried they have cemented their 'fix' for replacing the enterfrombasecode and don't really care what anyone brings up as a point. 

I was literally on a Citadel TF today and without having the base code or a good replacement, we probably would have added a good 15-30 minutes of travel time from IP to Talos (back and forth constantly), as this character isn't very flush with money.

Faathim was on people that all had Team Teleporter or the like, so it was fine, but not all people or characters have all the tools like that.

Edited by arthurh35353
legibility
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I was literally on a Citadel TF today and without having the base code or a good replacement, we probably would have added a good 15-30 minutes of travel time from IP to Talos (back and forth constantly), as this character isn't very flush with money.

That seems like a very high estimate to me, since using the Ouroboros portal between Talos and IP should shave off the same amount of time as porting to base.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

I completely agree, but we can't beta test stuff that's not actually in this build of the patch.  That's what I was responding to, the idea that we couldn't complain about a problem created by this patch because "maybe that will be fixed in the patch before it actually goes live."  That's the whole point of complaining about it; so that it does get fixed.

For reference, this is what the discussion originally responded to:

14 hours ago, Apparition said:

Uhhh... who said that it would not be in a future beta patch, before Issue 27 launches?

11 minutes ago, Tad Cooper said:

Anyway, I'm with QuiJon. This is an overly complex solution. I think it would be best to just make the Rapid Response Portal a clone of Ouro portal. Five minute recharge, infinite use. Hand it out cheaply and be done with it. I'd also ditch the market portals and have those day jobs waive some auction fees, but that's another discussion I suppose.

I think it's overly complex too.  I wouldn't even give it a 5 minute recharge.  What's the harm in it being 30 seconds?  Are we worried the automated trams will go out of business or something?  travel time sinks aren't needed anymore in a free game. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

When the patch goes live, my focused feedback will take the form of whether I'm playing the game less, more, or about the same amount of time.

Edited by retiarius
concision
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, retiarius said:

When the patch goes live, my focused feedback will take the form of whether or not I'm playing the game less, more, or about the same amount of time.

If you have the time, try it out on the beta, and provide feedback. Our volunteer dev team and the rest of the community would surely appreciate it. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 10/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, macskull said:

Yeah, I was dreading the day the command went away, but the sum of these changes so far makes it tolerable. It's definitely not going to be as convenient, but I don't think it's A Big Deal.

Why should the sum of our experience have to become "tolerable" as the highest achievable standard? My job is "tolerable" that does not mean it is enjoyable. The real big question no one is answering while they defend this is why cant it remain the same? Or similar. I know it can not remain with the slash command but what most are asking for is simple enough. Give us a orro portal for going to our bases. That is it. So while you excuse how tolerable your game experience has become my question is even at this point if they left every teleport change in the game they have made, what would be the problem if we were given a power EXACTLY function like  the orro portal that brings up a menu to enter our base or enter a code for another that recharged every 5 minutes? Cause it seems to be the most popular opinion of what people wanted and no reason is being given for why it couldnt have been other then they didnt choose to. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lines said:

That seems like a very high estimate to me, since using the Ouroboros portal between Talos and IP should shave off the same amount of time as porting to base.

Sometimes Citadel sends you to the NW corner of IP.  Flying there takes at least 5m from the north train. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

28 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Why should the sum of our experience have to become "tolerable" as the highest achievable standard? My job is "tolerable" that does not mean it is enjoyable. The real big question no one is answering while they defend this is why cant it remain the same? Or similar. I know it can not remain with the slash command but what most are asking for is simple enough. Give us a orro portal for going to our bases. That is it. So while you excuse how tolerable your game experience has become my question is even at this point if they left every teleport change in the game they have made, what would be the problem if we were given a power EXACTLY function like  the orro portal that brings up a menu to enter our base or enter a code for another that recharged every 5 minutes? Cause it seems to be the most popular opinion of what people wanted and no reason is being given for why it couldnt have been other then they didnt choose to. 

They did give us an ouro-like portal for going to our base. 

Edit: They don't need to give any reasons. It's in beta, provide feedback. 

There is not a consensus for or against on these changes, to claim otherwise is inaccurate. This is a forum page, they also solicited feedback on reddit, discord, and in- game.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Sometimes Citadel sends you to the NW corner of IP.  Flying there takes at least 5m from the north train. 

Sure, but the SG beacon exit isn't far at all from the Ouro exit, and i27 will place them even closer together. You'd be flying either way.

14 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

More General Feedback / Testing Notes: 

• Beta patch notes should say Interrupt time, not Activation time (Thanks @macskull)

Both powers are described in game as activating in 12 seconds and both were tested in game to activate in 12 seconds. The beta patch notes indicate it should be 10 seconds.

Reveal hidden contents

241544910_PocketDDescription.thumb.jpg.7fa14b3fdede32d1a864876bfc1506d4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

1666295900_MissionTransporterDescription.thumb.jpg.544ba8a8d8e7882361c230bd2dc63335.jpg

Honestly the problem with these powers was not the interrupt time itself. Though that did seem kind of high. It is what interrupted them. If i recall correctly just someone opening a orro portal near  you when the animation was going would stop your teleport. Which is kind of common as you come out of a mission you or someone might go to their base, someone else to the orro portal. It was another reason why the slash command was so easy to use. If these interrupts persist it doesnt really matter how long the interrupt is. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, macskull said:

So, /ah does not work in PvP zones either. Would it have been possible to disable /enterbasefrompasscode in PvP zones only? Probably, but the fact they're not doing it should be all the indication anyone needs to tell them this isn't a PvP-based change.

Not being snarky, but are you a player or a dev? a lot of your posts kinda read like you are a stealth dev. You come across like you have inside knowledge of the development process yet have no dev credentials.

On another note, how many times in how many games have pvp nerfs been claimed to be nonpvp nerfs yet obviously only help pvp? People take that with a grain of salt. Sorry, but it happens.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Not being snarky, but are you a player or a dev? a lot of your posts kinda read like you are a stealth dev. You come across like you have inside knowledge of the development process yet have no dev credentials.

On another note, how many times in how many games have pvp nerfs been claimed to be nonpvp nerfs yet obviously only help pvp? People take that with a grain of salt. Sorry, but it happens.

You may want to take @GM Widower's advice on this one.  I have followed this discussion across the various posts of the last year.  This is not a change made for PvP.  Not sure why this has to be repeated so many times. 

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

They did give us an ouro-like portal for going to our base. 

Edit: They don't need to give any reasons. It's in beta, provide feedback. 

There is not a consensus for or against on these changes, to claim otherwise is inaccurate. This is a forum page, they also solicited feedback on reddit, discord, and in- game.

No they didnt. Is it free to get with no hoops? It is unlimited in how many uses it gets? It is on a reasonable 5 minute recharge timer? 

No they dont have to give us a reason, but it would be nice for them to at least treat us as partners in this endeavor. I get that they are the devs, i wont agree with every decision made. I also get they have lives outside of this game. But many of us get together every month and donate the funds needed to keep these servers up and running. And though i dont believe that gives us a right to exactly what we want, i do believe it should be taken into account when looking at QoL issues like this. Giving us the one tool we asked for if it is not breaking any other thing and can be done easily should be the starting point of a change not revamping 5 different powers requiring more work and trouble from us and have its ease of use based on an eventual "pass" at changing another mechanic in the game that might be years off for all we know. This is not live, we are all grown up now, i dont need more time sinks in my life. A response a few times from Jimmy has been "its been 4 days, we have jobs" I coudlnt agree more with that statement. Which is why a system that requires a player to badge the entire city on every toon, put off earning day job badges that already would take half a year to get them all at normal rates to keep teleporters charged up and sit through twice as many loading screens etc i find to be a horrible solution to the problem that had an easy elegant solution right in front of us. 

And i have a right to make that my feedback as do others no matter how many times you or Mac or someone wants to tell us we are wrong. And look if they wanted to avoid these kind of debates after the fact, then ask us when they first adress an issue. They could have put out a pool or asked us before they put work into this how we would like to resolve it and give us the options they had. And who knows if they did that maybe someone would suggest something that made everyone happy that they didnt even think of. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

This is a dead horse. Please stop kicking.

Pocket D Zone Tour

40 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Honestly i feel that way about a few posters that seem to sure of what the devs intentions are. However i will say this in defense of the "not a pvp nerf", over a year ago is the first time i recall a post about the exploitive nature of the slash command, and it was Macskull's post. And in that post he did say he loved the command otherwise, just wanted its use restricted for pvp. So frankly even if the issue gained notice from the player base as  a whole because of the complaints from pvp, i dont think the pvp players wanted to lose the ease the slashcommand offered outside of pvp. Essentially i dont think it was the intention to get it nerfed for all, i think they just wanted to stop people from cheating in pvp. Which can be achieved without all these BS teleport hodge-podge.

4 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Honestly i feel that way about a few posters that seem to sure of what the devs intentions are. However i will say this in defense of the "not a pvp nerf", over a year ago is the first time i recall a post about the exploitive nature of the slash command, and it was Macskull's post. And in that post he did say he loved the command otherwise, just wanted its use restricted for pvp. So frankly even if the issue gained notice from the player base as  a whole because of the complaints from pvp, i dont think the pvp players wanted to lose the ease the slashcommand offered outside of pvp. Essentially i dont think it was the intention to get it nerfed for all, i think they just wanted to stop people from cheating in pvp. Which can be achieved without all these BS teleport hodge-podge.

PvP still not the reason for 21 pages and counting...

Pocket D Zone Tour

10 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

PvP still not the reason for 21 pages and counting...

I didnt say it was the reason. I said it appears that way because the first complaints where from pvpers because lets face it no one using it to cheat to get a motf badge for their team is likely going to get complaints about his actions. I am saying the appearance the nerf is pvp related is because it allowed for cheating and we saw those complaints first. But it was said to be a admin command that would eventually be blocked. And even those pvpers that complained were NOT complaining about its use in normal game play only asking for it to be nerfed in pvp.