Left to my Own Devices - Solo MoITF, 54/8, no Insp, no Amplifiers, enemies buffed, players debuffed

Lex Talion

If you're here to learn about the next FOTM you came to the wrong place. I just play what the concept demands, build to the best of my knowledge and see what I can pull off with it. Also none of my builds are specialized for a challenge. Individual enhancements may get swapped for technical reasons (read: '*!$%!# fleeing AVs), but that's it. Motivation to run this came from THIS THREAD and the fact that I can finally see my toon when playing. Thanks for that, HC.

Type:  Stealth Fighter / Saboteur

Build:  Rad Blast/Devices    (Yes, it's a terrible combo, I know. The toon was an experimental build that failed completely and got rebuilt to at least normal functionality. Unfortunately the only synergy between RadBlast and Devices is the ability to stack stuns, which is mostly useless in an ITF, due to the Cimerorans' battle cries. And still I had fun.)

Solo MoITF, 54/8, no Insp, no Amplifiers, enemies buffed, players debuffed

3EKtSVq.jpg

Obligatory proof footage  (sorry, no screenies without GUI this time)

Spoiler

M1 - literally nothing unusual happened, sorry

kWeJbJL.jpg

M2 - As I come around the corner I run into a Nictus dying from a DoT. We've never met before and I didn't shoot it. So... WTF!?

uHa05ZE.jpg

M2 - Just ONCE I get trigger-happy and everything turns into a mess.

AvEpvNM.png

M2 - A mess.

Ccmf76n.png

M2- More mess.

IXNjbHS.png

M2 - Still mess.

tyBLn3t.png

M2 - Yep, mess.

7OVbDD8.png

M3 - Some motivational radiation

43mJYGz.png

M3 - The Nokia Phalanx Control

83t3mqX.png

M3 - Cows & Sandals

pPdZRT6.png

M4 - "Let us paint the stones red with the blood of our enemies!"... maybe Romulus isn't the biggest maniac around.

g6j75BQ.png

M4 - Taking an arrow to the knee. Ok, it's a spear, and the shoulder, but still...

b61FVHX.png

M4 - "Let us paint the stones red with the blood of our enemies!"

2uR2qeH.png

M4 - Working off the laundry list

tVDa0og.png

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Lex Talion said:

If you're here to learn about the next FOTM you came to the wrong place. I just play what the concept demands, build to the best of my knowledge and see what I can pull off with it. Also none of my builds are specialized for a challenge. Individual enhancements may get swapped for technical reasons (read: '*!$%!# fleeing AVs), but that's it. Motivation to run this came from THIS THREAD and the fact that I can finally see my toon when playing. Thanks for that, HC.

Build:  Rad Blast/Devices    (Yes, it's a terrible combo, I know. The toon was an experimental build that failed completely and got rebuilt to at least normal functionality. Unfortunately the only synergy between RadBlast and Devices is the ability to stack stuns, which is mostly useless in an ITF, due to the Cimerorans' battle cries. And still I had fun.)

3EKtSVq.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

kWeJbJL.jpg

M2 - As I come around the corner I run into a Nictus dying from a DoT. We've never met before and I didn't shoot it. So... WTF!?

uHa05ZE.jpg

AvEpvNM.png

M2 - A mess.

Ccmf76n.png

M2- More mess.

IXNjbHS.png

M2 - Still mess.

tyBLn3t.png

M2 - Yep, mess.

7OVbDD8.png

43mJYGz.png

83t3mqX.png

M3 - Cows & Sandals

pPdZRT6.png

M4 - "Let us paint the stones red with the blood of our enemies!"... maybe Romulus isn't the biggest maniac around.

g6j75BQ.png

M4 - Taking an arrow to the knee. Ok, it's a spear, and the shoulder, but still...

b61FVHX.png

2uR2qeH.png

tVDa0og.png

WTF...

BlasteR..

No wAy Oo

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

10 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I cannot imagine the level of annoyance of having to chase rom and req all over the map at level 54.   Nicely done!

I didn't have to, because I have an alternate ST chain built around spamming Toxic Web Grenade. Not exactly increasing my DPS normally, but against AVs it does

Edited by Lex Talion
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lex Talion said:

I didn't have to, because I have an alternate ST chain built around spamming Toxic Web Grenade. Not exactly increasing my DPS normally, but against AVs it does

wait... so that also means you can keep anything from closing to melee, including flyers.... obvious as it seems, that's a hugely powerful tool.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

wait... so that also means you can keep anything from closing to melee, including flyers.... obvious as it seems, that's a hugely powerful tool.

That sounds like you've never seen a single target immobilize, or do I misunderstand this? (Almost) Every Blaster secondary has that as mandatory pick, you even have a /Devices blaster in your sig.

Was my wording odd? (foreign language and all that)

Edited by Lex Talion
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Lex Talion said:

3EKtSVq.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

kWeJbJL.jpg

uHa05ZE.jpg

AvEpvNM.png

M2 - A mess.

Ccmf76n.png

M2- More mess.

IXNjbHS.png

M2 - Still mess.

tyBLn3t.png

M2 - Yep, mess.

7OVbDD8.png

43mJYGz.png

83t3mqX.png

M3 - Cows & Sandals

pPdZRT6.png

g6j75BQ.png

b61FVHX.png

2uR2qeH.png

tVDa0og.png

The Blaster God's?!?!?

This is seriously insanely impressive. . .

I am not usually a Blaster person but . . . well. . .

Yeah. . .

I am not going to even contemplate this!
AWESOME JOB!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lex Talion said:

That sounds like you've never seen a single target immobilize, or do I misunderstand this? (Almost) Every Blaster secondary has that as mandatory pick, you even have a /Devices blaster in your sig.

Was my wording odd? (foreign language and all that)

Well, web grenade used to do 0 damage.  I can't say I really thought about it much after the change. 

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

42 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Respect, especially for doing it with that combo. Actually, Devices isn't really bad for it, but Rad isn't especially good. And combining two sets that aren't especially good against AVs with all of the TF settings is really impressive.

While non of the sets are power houses RadBlast's -Def and /Devices' Targeting Drone did at least help with the Players debuffed part, since that includes a 0.5 modifier to Accuracy which is disastrous to regular builds, that usually are calculated to hit regular +3s, but not self-/buffed ones, like Cimerorans or Rikti. My builds all assume a base chance of 33% instead of 48% and still I often had to tag enemies with Neutrino Bolt before I was back to a 95% ToHit chance.

Edited by Lex Talion
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

@Lex Talionis that 33% vs 39% owing to the presence of Kismet +6% being assumed in the build or a different reason?  (Like being roughly what's left of the defense debuff after Purple Patch scaling etc.)

Base tohit chance against +3s is 48%, and Cimerorans, Phalanx Fighting and Shout of Command, which provides not only mez protection, but DDR and up to 15% +Def to all typed damage but psi. Looking at the Attack Mechanics shows that those 15% +Def directly oppose the base tohit chance, so I just assume 48% - 15% = 33% as my base tohit right away and go from there in Mids.

0lYKj5t.jpg

For comparison: the (stacking! goddamnit..) Protection Shields, buffed by Rikti Guardians

ExQsKbB.jpg

Edited by Lex Talion
power names corrected
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later