Winter Packs still 10M

Beta968

I remember a delay to the packs going down to 10 million initially. It could be timed for the 5 weeks from the time they changed it. If so, expect only a day more at 10 million tops.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

From what I understand (but don't have first hand knowledge of) changing seeded prices is an ad hoc data change, not tied to a server restart.

So choose one:

1) Seeded price not changed yet

2) Players are selling for 10M

3) New full time price is 10M

#3 would be one of those good news/bad news things.  Bad news for me though.  I sunk a LOT of liquidity (percentage-wise) into these, even knowing it may take months to get my desired return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

#3 would be one of those good news/bad news things.  Bad news for me though.  I sunk a LOT of liquidity (percentage-wise) into these, even knowing it may take months to get my desired return.

You could still get your return, just not as fast, nor as much as you would have hoped. Even at the 10M price, I'm able to get about 60% profit. 

This reminds me to ask for a Summer Pack with Heal, Defense, Resist, Pet Damage and Slow sets.

• Like 3

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

18 minutes ago, Rejolt said:

This reminds me to ask for a Summer Pack with Heal, Defense, Resist, Pet Damage and Slow sets.

Summer Fun Pack: IO's could be something like

100 SPF Sunscreen - Def Set / Chance for +heal proc

Aloe Vera Lotion - Heal set /  +Speed proc

Hangover - Slow set / Toxic resist proc

Beach Umbrella - Resist Set / +End Proc

Schools Out - Pet Damage Set / +pet dam proc

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

From what I understand (but don't have first hand knowledge of) changing seeded prices is an ad hoc data change, not tied to a server restart.

So choose one:

1) Seeded price not changed yet

2) Players are selling for 10M

3) New full time price is 10M

Any official word on this?  @Faultline?

Who run Bartertown?

CAN CONFIRM: I... have no impulse control and bought 20 more packs.

(I don't even need them anymore... /sighs)

2 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

I'm not much of a marketeer, but I farmed enough to buy 15 packs. Hope I don't regret it!

You won't. The items are useable and the price will adjust soon. It's even fairly cheap to convert Winter IOs to what you want (pool is more limited).

• Like 1

As of this writing, 194187 packs have been sold. 
1,941,870,000,000 influence has been "sunk", or spent, if I mashed the right keys on the calculator. 
I think they must be waiting on the full 2 quadrillion, lol. 
That's about 233K winter-Os in "circulation" (if we include those that stay in character email and in storage bins). 

Converters are in a higher number than I remember seeing them before - 64,726 currently, seeming  to hold fairly steady at 70k. 

I did think Winter-O prices were going to drop more than they have. Will be interesting to see if greed gets the best of the new marketeers as they try to reclaim their investments. 

1439 players on right now. An average of 135 packs per "account". No way for me to know how many are dual or triple (or more?) accounts from the same player. 

Kind of mind boggling when I imagine that half of those players probably have no idea what winter packs are, nor that they went on sale. Or is that a flawed perspective? 

100 packs is a billion inf. 
1.35 billion...the top 1% of the players must have a lot more than I thought they did. I better get back to marketing and farming!

When the sale started, the HC devs reseeded the supply to 10Million. So, only packs sold during this particular event. 

I wasn't smart enough to take note of the initial number last year - as I was lucky enough to learn about the sale, but only after it started. 

5:12 PM ESt now as I typed this but an hour or so ago the 10 mil packs sold out and player packs are now being sold. I bought one at 11.1 mil and saw two behind me sell for 16 million.

Earlier today I bought 50 more at 10 million so player's packs are selling now.

9 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

As of now there are 10,002,475 for sale.  So, that's at least 2,475 more to work through. But I bet a lot of those are very close to 25,000,000.

My estimate for the current excess would be a little over 17 million. Sell around 20 for a while  then listing prices will creep up to 19 and sell for 23.

Or at least that is what I would do if I were playing this game. 

Ooh...I think I will have to watch to see.  

Edited by Sakai

I was going to wait until Summer 2019 to sell last's year's overflow IOs but never did. I just created more storage SGs to hold them... (reminds me to create a Hallmark Channel-esque Christmas Land SG base).

I'll plan a few toons for the IOs but I'm likely selling about 100 in either March or April.