Crimson Prototype -Max HP Oddity

Running a Market Crash with my SG last night on my Bio/Claws tank and something very weird occurred.

Ya know that grey line for Absorption that gets added to your HP bar in the team window that grows and pushes your HP bar out as more Absorb is added? (Classic team window, not new as shown below.)

Mine suddenly stretched all the way across my screen and my monitored Current HP showed 1.00 (100%) (Missed the screenshot, sorry.)

Discussing it amongst ourselves, one of my team mentioned that it appears all of Crimson Prototype's attacks come with a Max HP debuff and a screenshot another team member took showed all the debuffs I had on myself. (Included below.)

It appears that I have 24 stacks of debuffs from CP. Is this working as intended? Is CP supposed to be able to drop a player's max HP to 1 point?

image.thumb.png.db7749ec3e7d378ee78b3df28a75e9cb.png

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

Market Crash and the Crimson Prototype didn't exist on live. Apparition is basically saying its been that way since it was created.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 8 other complete badge characters.

25 minutes ago, Burk said:

Market Crash and the Crimson Prototype didn't exist on live. Apparition is basically saying its been that way since it was created.

Market Crash was added during the “secret server” years and the version of the Crimson Prototype that currently exists is a pretty toned-down version of what it originally was.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Yeah, I have no idea what changes happened between live and homecoming, so I'll have to take your word on it.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 8 other complete badge characters.

I've been designated to tank the Warwalkers with my dom on an all squishy Underground and she does quite well but on this task force if the +4 Crimson gets a few lucky hits in she's in for a world of hurt.  It's humbling a bit but you see tanks going through some of the same so you have to tip your hat to this beast.  I'd have liked to have seen how tough it really was in the secret days.  

Yes, and it's the reason Market Crash is a source of puzzlement for unprepared soloers. Monitoring your HP allows you to see the HP being shaved off. I usually break off and run to let the debuff expire  once my HP reaches around 800 HP because once our HP is low enough the auto hit skill will kill since we don't have enough HP to soak it.

Glad I wasn't the only one perplexed by this! When my old SG buddies and I found out about homecoming we were going around trio'ing the task forces and had no idea what we were doing on Market Crash (i.e., take out the force field generators dummies!). The Crimson Prototype whittled my max hp down to 1 and then seemingly one-shotted my Granite tank. I had to open up the combat attributes to figure out what was happening.

screenshot_200607-20-22-22.thumb.jpg.da7cc51592005ff9f27e06c3246fabac.jpg

Edited by dtjunkie
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Vanden said:

You should be immortal with 1 HP for a maximum, because the one-shot code prevents a single attack from reducing your HP below 1 if you're at 100% HP.

"You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses on would you Mr. Crimson?!"

spacer.png

Crimson: Darn game mechanics, I knew I should have stopped with 2 hp.  

Edited by Mezmera

56 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Took my SR tank on one... the art of not being hit definitely helps avoid being dropped to 1 HP. He still managed to take me down to around 2200 from 2800.

This is all good stuff, I tested my stone stone tanker tonight - this is an unkillable too - so I was curious what would happen - he faceplanted it twice with that -hp debuff - the next time I went at him I led with earths embrace and never ticked my health off again.

Same thing with my Ice Ice tanker tonight - leading with hoarfrost he cant touch ya.

He really cant do crap for dmg - I never knew his big hitters was -hp debuffs till you posted this.