Knockback Protection - a compiled list?

Techwright

I've spent some time searching the web for a compiled list of all knockback protection options, and have yet to find one.  Perhaps my search-fu is on vacation, though given that people refer to it in different ways ("knockback protection", "KB protection", "KB prot", etc.) the search engine might not be able to keep up.  Is there a master list somewhere, and if not, can y'all contribute to one here, please?

I'd also like to which options are available before level 21.  I'm currently only aware of Acrobatics at 14.

Karma: knockback Protection  is available level 10 and in the defense sets

Blessing of the Zephyr : Knockback Protection is also available lvl 10 and is in the Universal travel power sets

Steadfast Protection Knockback Protection is available lvl 10 and is in the Resist damage sets

Edit to add:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Set_Bonus_Comparison_Tables

Scroll down to the bottom is a list of IO sets that improve Knockback Protection.

Also the SG base empowerment station will give a 1 hour buff to knockback protection

Edited by SuperPlyx
  • Thanks 1

There are some set bonuses that also are -KB but IMO not truly useful. Only one -KB IO really isn't enough but I'm too slot starved to slot more. But hits need to happen for KB to happen so a solid defense to at least S/L makes just one KB IO bearable.

I suggest the Blessing of the Zephyr into whatever travel power you are using since you have that native slot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

There are some set bonuses that also are -KB but IMO not truly useful. Only one -KB IO really isn't enough but I'm too slot starved to slot more. But hits need to happen for KB to happen so a solid defense to at least S/L makes just one KB IO bearable.

I suggest the Blessing of the Zephyr into whatever travel power you are using since you have that native slot.

Gladiator's Armor IO enhancement set is great on Electric Armor characters.  Knockback protection and toxic resistance?  Yes, please.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Gladiator's Armor IO enhancement set is great on Electric Armor characters.  Knockback protection and toxic resistance?  Yes, please.

On one hand, completely correct. On the other toxic damage is not -that- prevalent to make tailoring a build around it worth the slots.

IMO.

• Like 1

Individual IOs:

Blessing of the Zephyr, Mag 4 - Universal Travel

Karma, Mag 4 - Defense

Steadfast Protection, Mag 4 - Resistance

Set bonuses:

Kinetic Crash (4pc), Mag 3 - Knockback

Overwhelming Force (6pc), Mag 4 - Universal Damage

Fury of the Gladiator (3pc), Mag 3 - PBAoE (PvP)

Gladiator's Armor (3pc), Mag 3 - Resistance (PvP)

Gladiator's Javelin (5pc). Mag 3 - Ranged Damage (PvP)

Overwhelming Force is the only one that is technically 'Unique'. Expensive both in influence cost and slots, but it's a good set just for it's stats, set bonuses, and the knockback to knockdown conversion. Easy to get if you don't mind grinding Summer Blockbuster (SBB) 6 times and using a few converters.

Every thing else can be stacked up to the "rule of 5", though you shouldn't really need more than 7-8 mag.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobotLove said:

Every thing else can be stacked up to the "rule of 5", though you shouldn't really need more than 7-8 mag.

If you're running a melee character with an armor that lacks KB protection (Fire, Dark, Electric if airborne) you should consider at least 10-12 KB resist if you can manage.  While not terribly common, some late game enemies do have a few high KB powers that break mag 9 (Fake Nemesis, Longbow Balista, Diabolique to name a couple).  If you plan to PvP it's also highly recommended to at least have 12, very few player attacks break that point.

But for most PvE builds, 4 is enough.  On my squshies I typically only get pushed around by Fake Nemesis and iTrial bosses and I generally only use one BotZ for my knockback needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

yeah, i forget the exact numbers.  But I believe 3 is crap, 4 is good.  7 is basically 4.  8-9 is slightly, slightly better than 4.  10 is very good, and 12+ is very very nice.  I hsve a blessing of the zephyr 4pt KB prot on my Dark/Dark Brute main.  All I find he needs.  Disclaimer, he flies 99% time.  Not hover, just flight.  This turns any knockback I do take into moving me and maybe flipping me in a circle.  I do not need to stand up again.  I may need to close back to melee range.  KB seriously does not bother me with just that 4pts and flying.  and I hate KB

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Thanks, everyone (so far)!  That's far more in one spot than I've found anywhere else.

If any others wish to contribute, I'm all ears.

Base Empowerment station grants 10 KB protection for 90 minutes. It only costs you 2 common salvage to craft

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Electric Armor's -KB being tied to touching the ground is one of those hilarious quirks I love about the game. There's a certain LOL factor to "umm did the Tank just try to leap in and get sent flying?" that makes me never want to slot KB protection into Elec Armor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, oedipus_tex said:

Electric Armor's -KB being tied to touching the ground is one of those hilarious quirks I love about the game. There's a certain LOL factor to "umm did the Tank just try to leap in and get sent flying?" that makes me never want to slot KB protection into Elec Armor. 

I ran Teleport with Electric armor back before the recent change.  Using it to teleport into enemy groups would sometimes send me flying back out of them thanks to Teleport giving you a few seconds of flight after use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I honestly find mag 4 KB protection enough in PvE, at least on non-tanking characters.   You will get it stacked and get knocked back from time to time.  It doesn't turn anything off and you can still move.  Sets with a hole for immobilize protection are a far more serious hole and there's no easy IO fix for that.  

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

9 hours ago, Apparition said:

And that's a PvP set so good to go down as low as you want as well.

@HeracleaCombat Jumping?  But yes can't think of any set bonuses offering Immobilize protection.  Can't say I've ever noticed it being an issue but then I almost always take CJ, often even on my flyers.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I honestly find mag 4 KB protection enough in PvE, at least on non-tanking characters.   You will get it stacked and get knocked back from time to time.  It doesn't turn anything off and you can still move.  Sets with a hole for immobilize protection are a far more serious hole and there's no easy IO fix for that.  

i do get immob from time on my dark/dark brute.  i find it annoying.  somewhere in the super strength rage crash annoying level though.  because i can still do a lot and nothing is going to kill me, i just cannot reposition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

@HeracleaCombat Jumping?  But yes can't think of any set bonuses offering Immobilize protection.  Can't say I've ever noticed it being an issue but then I almost always take CJ, often even on my flyers.

Same here, so it's not that huge an issue.  Almost all of my characters are jumpers unless there's a concept reason for them not to be.  Some do take the new Mighty Leap because Weaken Resolve is also nice to have. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291