Croax's Tier List and Build Collection

Croax

My mistake on Shield Wall, going off memory. If you aren't factoring in pools/patrons etc., then I would have to agree with the assessment as resist sets would generally not be able to keep up with defense cascades, but that also lowers bio's value, for example, as the tohit it provides boosts snipes' damage, etc. I don't look at it in a vacuum like that, which is the whole reason I even use Rad on a Stalker when Elec has superior resists: Rad can add AoEs to some sets that are ok but need more AoE. Looking for good primary/secondary pairings and the max I can get out of them are what appeal to me, so that includes pools, patrons, sometimes incarnates and sometimes even inspiration tray strategies. If I were going to look at it from "just the set and IOs", I would recommend no one ever touch bio under any circumstance.

• 2 months later

In case this is useful to anyone else, I did some basic tabulation of pool and ancillary powers across the builds Croax did in this thread.  (Note: I just counted these numbers, I don't have the experience to say how much role subjective biases - or just shortcuts due to the massive size of this endeavor - play in them)

• Fighting, Leaping, and Speed appears in all 246 builds.
  • Leadership appears in 194 builds.
  • 31 builds have Experimentation, comprised of all */Dark Armor, with the remainder being divided between */Ninjutsu and */Super Reflexes.
  • 0 builds featured any of the other pools, leaving 21 with room for a 4th pool (though presumably not with empty slots to plug one into).
  • Soul Mastery was taken for all 18 */Regeneration builds, and only those builds.
  • 132 builds used Body Mastery.
  • The remaining 96 builds use Mu Mastery.

I haven't read through the builds to see look for variation in what powers were taken from each pool.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KnaveOfSwords said:
  • Fighting, Leaping, and Speed appears in all 246 builds.
  • Leadership appears in 194 builds.

For all our talk about how the game helps us avoid just using cookie-cutter builds, well, yeah, nearly everyone relies on these two, they're crutches.  Kind of a pet peeve of mine, as I hate wasting a power pick for Boxing, and having to take End-heavy toggles that I can't afford to run half the time.  OK, rant over!  😃

Hi, I'm Clave Dark 5!  You may remember me from such characters as King Pumpkin Spice, Stupid Like A Fox, Capt Sam's Space Zoo, The Midnight Bridge, Trash Ghost, and Maid Of Metal, as well as a few really stupid AE arcs!