Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

BrandX

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

It should work in multiples now.  Briefly fiddled with it early on in the beta.

So, the next question would be, is it worthwhile to put multiple in a build?  I was thinking it could just help Regeneration more with more healing.

• Like 1

I would put multiples in something like an elec assault/elec blast set or whatever the elec blast is for sentinels.

edit: cause users of those powers tend to be squishy, and powertransfer has good 2 and 3 slot bonuses (+huge end), and gets acc, dam, rech, endmod, so you can shove it into something like ball lighting for 3 slot annil/3 slot pt...

Edited by Hew

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

So, the next question would be, is it worthwhile to put multiple in a build?  I was thinking it could just help Regeneration more with more healing.

The only build of mine (please consider that I don't have a full spectrum of ATs) for which I considered having multiples was with my Invulnerable Tank. I figured that for certain content, damage would be getting through and that the Max HP and the resistances might provide enough extra buffer during those periods where Dull Pain wasn't in play (because it hadn't recharged after previously clicking it, or BUTTON MASH MODE ENGAGED) or an Incarnate heal wasn't available. I ended up NOT moving a slot to where I could leverage a second instance, but I can understand similar math for high HP characters could motivate doubling up on the piece.

I have the piece (singular) on some far squishier characters, and I am not adding more. As it is: it is just a random bit of healing that helps when I've taken some lumps and reconsidered my immediate play style (or skipping towards the next spawn). For me it's the final layer behind Panacea +HP/+End, Preventive Medicine %Absorb, and Scaling Damage Resistance. My (somewhat limited) roster of characters can typically find a better use for the slot.

I like reading others' opinions however!

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Yes to some extent. These can actually have a greater impact than some uniques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks for the cross-link @Troo

I should note that for me: I almost never chase +Regeneration, either because (mostly because it hits the point of diminishing returns too soon for my taste, a little because of my opinion that needing +Regeneration is a function of play style choices that come from 'spending' Health) so a semi-regular +HP bonus is always preferred. YMMV.

Edited by tidge

7 minutes ago, tidge said:

Thanks for the cross-link @Troo

I should note that for me: I almost never chase +Regeneration, either because (mostly because it hits the point of diminishing returns too soon for my taste, a little because of my opinion that needing +Regeneration is a function of play style choices that come from 'spending' Health) so a semi-regular +HP bonus is always preferred. YMMV.

There is no diminishing returns with regeneration. Adding X% regeneration always translates to adding Y hit points per second (HPS). It's completely linear.

Many folks probably interpret the percent improvement as diminishing returns, which I could understand. If your base is 100% regen (which comes with Y HPS), and you add another 100%, your total HPS doubled. But now adding another 100% (go from 200% to 300%) will have your HPS 50% higher than what it was previously (300/200=1.50). But you're still triple the HPS you were at base.

There is also a survivability component to this that mirrors Defense/Resistance as they approach their caps, where the closer you are to the cap, your survivability increases exponentially (not really, but people can picture an exponential graph better than an inverse graph where the denominator approaches 0).

Anyways, as your HPS approaches the incoming DPS from attacks, your survivability will grow rapidly. For example, let's say you're taking 100 DPS from an attack and your HPS is 20, then your survival time will be dictated by that net 80 DPS you're taking. Now let's say your regen is 60 HPS, your survival time just doubled as your net is now halved to 40 DPS. Add another 20 HPS and it's doubled again. And as you approach 100 HPS your survival time will approach infinity.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

23 minutes ago, Bopper said:

There is also a survivability component to this that mirrors Defense/Resistance as they approach their caps, where the closer you are to the cap, your survivability increases exponentially (not really, but people can picture an exponential graph better than an inverse graph where the denominator approaches 0).

Yeah I get it, especially the "your taking 50% less damage by going from 90% resistance to 95% resistance" (for example)... but sometimes the amount of  survavibility is already 'enough' such that a build can get better returns by investing the slot in something else. That is past my point of diminishing returns.

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Scrapper - 66.93 = 3.3465 HPS per PT Proc
Brute - 74.96 = 3.748 HPS per PT Proc

So if you have four of them on a regen brute, you're looking at an extra 14.992 HPS.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.