Sorry, but I dislike the change to Invisibility

Invisibility and Super Speed used to be enough stealth to be invisible to any enemy that doesn't have +perception. So I took them on a new character to get through higher level zones and exist on a farming map without dying. That's no longer the case which makes these things a lot harder.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Weatherwoman said:

Invisibility and Super Speed used to be enough stealth to be invisible to any enemy that doesn't have +perception. So I took them on a new character to get through higher level zones and exist on a farming map without dying. That's no longer the case which makes these things a lot harder.

Stealth was buffed after they removed invisibility.

Because of this, Stealth + Superspeed now puts you at the stealth cap.

This is actually a buff for powerlevelling, because you can have both of these powers by level 4.

• Like 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

13 hours ago, America's Angel said:

This is actually a buff for powerlevelling, because you can have both of these powers by level 4.

Level 6. You can pick your first pool power at level 4 and get either of them, but you can't pick the other power until your next power pick at level 6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Level 6. You can pick your first pool power at level 4 and get either of them, but you can't pick the other power until your next power pick at level 6.

Ah yeah that's right. I used to PL to level 14 for invis. Now it's just to level 6.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Yep.   SS + Stealth used to be enough.   Now it's just Stealth.

I think some people are thinking Infiltration is supposed to be more stealthy and finding it's not.

I started playing around with it more since the latest patch and except for mobs with extra perception, or mobs that have a debuff/damage field, you can walk right up to them.

On 5/8/2021 at 1:53 PM, arcane said:

I wasn’t even aware you ever needed Invisibility. Super Speed + Stealth (or + Stealth IO) has always kept me safe unless the enemies had extra perception?

You didn't the vast majority of the time.   For Minions, pets, MM henchmen (all tiers), Lts, Bosses, EB's and AV/Heroes their standard perception caps out at 54ft.  Super Speed + a stealth IO granted you a total stealth of 65ft.  The power formally known as Invisibilty was technically inferior providing 55ft but in practice just as effective since any combo of +stealth granting 54ft or more was sufficient in almost all cases.  Turrets, GMs, Snipers all had greater amounts of perception.  Then we have foes who ignore stealth of any amount -> Rikti Drones, Rularuu Sentries and Knives of Artemis.   I know Drones while they ignore stealth have normal perception so something like Fire Control's Smoke is an effective way to reduce their perception to 0ft making you effectively invisible (as their perception is less than the range on Smoke).  I'm unsure about the perception on KoA and Sentries but especially the Sentries it wouldn't surprise me if it was greater than normal.

What does surprise me is while Knives ignore stealth Malta doesn't at least have some that don't ... .  Guess they decided Malta were bad enough

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

On 5/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, Weatherwoman said:

Invisibility used to make you impossible to detect by itself, so Superspeed was just extra if you were using it. 

If you had Invisibility and it became Infiltration, then you will see a difference in performance because a recent patch update (4/27?) made it such that the stealth in Superspeed and the stealth in Infiltration no longer stack because they are being treated as collective stacking with the TravelBuff attribute key. So if you are using Infiltration (36') and Superspeed (35'), your final stealth radius will only be 36 feet and you'll be detectable if you get too close to an enemy.

However, if you get Stealth you will have the old Invisibility's stealth radius (55'), and it can stack with Superspeed.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

6 minutes ago, BrandX said:

I had Cimerorian's seeing past the stealth, but I get the idea, maybe the stealth was not actually kicked in?  This was with Stealth in use btw.  No Stealth IO or Superspeed stacked.

I think the Clear Mind buff that the healers pass out has +perception.. so if they happened to buff each other, you might've gotten seen because of that. Either that, or the Shout buff they have.

3 hours ago, Arbegla said:

I think the Clear Mind buff that the healers pass out has +perception.. so if they happened to buff each other, you might've gotten seen because of that. Either that, or the Shout buff they have.

They won't have the buff unless they're already engaged.  The Surgeons don't hand it out, it's used by the Lts and Bosses at half health.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

As I understand it, the higher Stealth numbers (a la Invisibility) don't kick in immediately with the recent changes to the Stealth power. I think it takes a few seconds, as if you had attacked or been attacked. I'm not certain about the timing/number of seconds it takes for the higher numbers to come online. Maybe you were activating the power and then being spotted prior to the higher numbers kicking in?

5 hours ago, AngryJesusMan said:

As I understand it, the higher Stealth numbers (a la Invisibility) don't kick in immediately with the recent changes to the Stealth power. I think it takes a few seconds, as if you had attacked or been attacked. I'm not certain about the timing/number of seconds it takes for the higher numbers to come online. Maybe you were activating the power and then being spotted prior to the higher numbers kicking in?

If it takes as long as after it's suppressed post attack that's 10 sec (per CoD v2.0)  And that is going to seem like forever moving spawn to spawn vs bypassing foes to get to a glowie at the end (or similar).  Should be able to monitor your current stealth in Combat Attributes as I recall.

The only other stealth weirdness i can think of is if the Cimerorans have as of yet undocumented 'positioning' type power similar to Longbow Eagles related to some of their powers like Phalanx Fighting.  But like ZorkNemesis said above that sort of thing isn't very likely prior to combat starting