Patch Notes for June 2nd, 2021

48 minutes ago, dtj714 said:

In what manner or context, pray tell, do you use the tram?  The other person who said they did did so in the context of a situation where it was actually the simplest way of getting around for that story arc (which just further makes the point that people will use the path of least effort) and was obviously solo.

By the way, they added Pocket D to Atlas because people need/want to go there in the very early levels to turn off the pop-up trays, etc. (especially Afterburner). 

Well someone’s backpedaling 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ry said:

I get that people were having issues but I'm gonna miss being able to run Lady Grey with some of my lower alts. I get tired of using Imperious Task Force over and over again as a way to level up my lv 35s (or alts in that range). Some of the other 30s Task Forces are, well, a bit lackluster, honestly, not all of them, but having Lady Grey was a fun option. And I personally never ran it at the bare minimum of 35, if you had at least one lv 50 tagging along why not just make them the leader and run it that way? Or simply lower the minimal level of the Weakened Hamidon and its buds to 35 if someone happened to be running it around that level? (Unless the code simply wouldnt allow it, I'm not a coder, that stuff scares me 😧 ).

This was brought up in the beta thread.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

That may have been part of the motivation, but it was also to provide ease-of-access to Echo Plaza for low-level characters.

Count me among the tram-users as well. Tram/ferry/black helicopter is my preferred method of getting around (followed by base portal).

I use the tram all the time.   Also useful for when in zone you're close to a tram and your destination is close to the other stop.

I think my least used travel method are the Tunnels, but that's often because I don't have their locations as well memorized. 😉

Least number of zoning steps is my method.  When you're on a mission, you need to be quick, people's lives may be at stake!

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Count me among the tram-users as well. Tram/ferry/black helicopter is my preferred method of getting around (followed by base portal).

I use the trams a lot, too.  Sometimes I even use the tunnel exits.  I just like flying around the city, really.  It's the thing I missed most during the shutdown.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

10 hours ago, Yoru-hime said:

I've never bothered with a base hub. I'm both too lazy to build one and to mess with the passcodes. Getting around is already so easy that I never saw a reason.

I find them super useful with just a one-tine effort.  I have a default list of keybinds that I load for every character when I create them.  One of the keybinds tries to access various bases - my own if I'm on Everlasting or a travel hub if I'm on Indomitable or Excelsior.  I just string together the commands to enter all three and the relevant one will activate - with a single key press.

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 3 weeks later
On 6/2/2021 at 9:28 PM, dtj714 said:

Pointless options. He’s right - nobody is gonna do in 3 steps what they can do in 1, if it’s just a QoL thing. I’d bet dollars to donuts virtually NO ONE uses the tram anymore, except for those few missions that actually require it. But again that ship has long since sailed...(pun intended?)

I use the tram.  *fond memories (from the corner of my mind...*breaks into Streisand.)  I use oro.  I use my travel powers.  And I do like the do-nut emote.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2021 at 12:40 AM, Grouchybeast said:

I use the trams a lot, too.  Sometimes I even use the tunnel exits.  I just like flying around the city, really.  It's the thing I missed most during the shutdown.

Spot on.  I waited years for the game to come back.  Whilst I appreciate the good intentions of many of HC's qualities of life and why the dev's starting to put short cuts in via Oro and Pocket D (for players who have experience of the game...) the travelling by tram carries alot of nostalgia for me.  But most of all?  Using my travel powers to fly around the city.  Experiencing the zones and the game that I missed greatly.  Atlas, Brickstown, Founders Fall (I always thought this was a beautiful zone) and Talos (and let's not forget Steel Canyon or the dead Hollows...!!!) I count amongst my fav's.  Or the superb ITF zone which was some of their last work.

Now with the improved 'super super' travel powers and the 'almost' free Turbo flight given to everyone who chooses flight you can get to missions super quick but also get to tour guide around the city's zones whether badge hunting or just remembering that '1st' time you experienced those zones.  I could TP to missions, but I choose not to, I'd miss out on running, jumping and flying around each zone, using the trams, using the oro.  Just travelling around Paragon is part of the experience.

For me, the zones and the backgrounds are the unsung stars of the CoH game.  The dev's did a superb job on the zones and making each one have its own character.

Azrael.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

Call me crazy but I feel like travel powers are too fast now. They're difficult to control, is there a way to slow them down? 

I'd recommend not slotting for speed, leaping, range, or flight speed. And steering clear of set bonuses for movement as well. 

Or if you don't want to make those changes, you could try turning off the travel power. You can also use the slower versions from the P2W vendor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 6/3/2021 at 6:40 PM, Grouchybeast said:

I use the tram, too.  I even used it when we could click to our bases because sometimes it was more convenient and sometimes it was nostalgia. I do use it more when I am soloing, though, simply because I don't like to keep teams waiting while I lounge around on the tram.

11 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

'd recommend not slotting for speed, leaping, range, or flight speed. And steering clear of set bonuses for movement as well. 

With all due respect, this is horrible advice. Why would you steer clear of amazing IO sets that happen to have some movement bonus as their first tier bonus when the next three are fabulous (plus acc, recharge, resistance/defense, and etc.)?  I love Ghost Widow's Embrace and Performance Shifter, both of which have "incidental" movement speed bonuses that lead to very useful other bonuses to health, endurance, and damage/accuracy.

I wouldn't slot for movement bonuses, of course, but there are some good sets for non-mains/non-high cost toons that are very useful despite having a first tier movement bonus.

50 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

With all due respect, this is horrible advice. Why would you steer clear of amazing IO sets that happen to have some movement bonus as their first tier bonus when the next three are fabulous (plus acc, recharge, resistance/defense, and etc.)?  I love Ghost Widow's Embrace and Performance Shifter, both of which have "incidental" movement speed bonuses that lead to very useful other bonuses to health, endurance, and damage/accuracy.

I wouldn't slot for movement bonuses, of course, but there are some good sets for non-mains/non-high cost toons that are very useful despite having a first tier movement bonus.

I think the advice was really IF you don't want to be faster THEN don't slot them.

Not that NO ONE should slot them.

• Thanks 1

And steering clear of set bonuses for movement as well. 

20 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think the advice was really IF you don't want to be faster THEN don't slot them.

Not that NO ONE should slot them.

Wow, that's amazing!  Do you regularly take the exact quotes of people and then twist them to mean what you think they should/want them to mean?  Because color me crazy, but the exact quote is: "And steering clear of set bonuses for movement as well." Not only in this circumstance or the "ifs" you generously (and disingenuously) add, but exactly the words that one should not take sets that include movement bonuses.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Tahliah said:

And steering clear of set bonuses for movement as well. 

Wow, that's amazing!  Do you regularly take the exact quotes of people and then twist them to mean what you think they should/want them to mean?  Because color me crazy, but the exact quote is: "And steering clear of set bonuses for movement as well." Not only in this circumstance or the "ifs" you generously (and disingenuously) add, but exactly the words that one should not take sets that include movement bonuses.

You are literally accusing me of doing what you yourself are doing.

The context of the exchange is one person saying they don't want to be too fast and another person giving a suggestion of what to do in that case, aka "if, then".

YOU are adding the idea that the second person is giving general advice for everyone.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Tahliah said:

The poster I was replying to specifically asked how to slow their movement speed down. I gave them a handful of ways. Hopefully that added context is not lost. 

• Thanks 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Was really hoping to see, "Fixed Combat Stance bug that prevented your characters from going in combat stance after using certain click buffs."

Maybe next time!

All in all, am always happy to see bug fixes hit the table, no matter what they are.

• 1 month later