Please remind me how to get the Knight Errant badge.

Col. Kernel

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Are Paladin events still bugged in that they need a Zone reset to start firing, or did that get fixed?

The event has been reverted to the older Paladin Construction event that ran pre-shutdown. The info at that wiki link has been updated recently and should have the necessary details.

• Thanks 1

You can force the event to happen. Softcap on KR before a KR2 spawns has been reduced to 20, so get 20 people into KR and KR2 opens fresh, with the Paladin event ready to go.  Just get to the train station and go there.

EDIT.  Old info, see @AboveTheChemist's and @Apparition's posts.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 minutes ago, Darmian said:

You can force the event to happen. Softcap on KR before a KR2 spawns has been reduced to 20, so get 20 people into KR and KR2 opens fresh, with the Paladin event ready to go.  Just get to the train station and go there.

That is no longer the case as of last Tuesday.  As @AboveTheChemist noted above your post, the Paladin event was reverted to the Issue 23 version and Kings Row’s soft cap was bumped back up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

That is no longer the case as of last Tuesday.  As @AboveTheChemist noted above your post, the Paladin event was reverted to the Issue 23 version and Kings Row’s soft cap was bumped back up.

Welp, I stand corrected...sit corrected. Is it running better now?

(Look what happens when RL takes you out of the loop for a week!)

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

As of 2021-06-07 the situation is (based on discussions with @Faultline, who can correct me if I get anything wrong):

- Original Paladin Construction Site event has reverted to active.  Shining Stars version is removed.

- Changed Time to Hero Victory from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.

- Changed Time to Clockwork Victory from 10 minutes to 5 minutes (note that attacking the Construction Site buys you more time).

- Knight Errant Badge is rewarded for preventing Construction (Note, some sources say that defeating the waves of Levelless Clockwork who surround the Construction Site is also necessary).

- If Construction Site completes, then the Paladin spawns and will march to High Park with Clockwork Minions.

- Construction Site spawn timer is random, and up to 36 hours.  Fautline has discussed reducing this time per player feedback, but doesn't want to work on this version of the event much further.

- The areas where Construction Sites can spawn also have a chance to just spawn Levelless Clockwork that are not involved in the Event.  Clearing them doesn't effect the actual Event.

- A new version of the entire event is in the works, with both @Piecemeal and Faultline expressing interest in working on it.  However, it is not a priority and there is no E.T.A. or even any kind of promise.

- There doesn't appear to be any way to earn the Clockwork Pet Summon Temp Power at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, this whole thing with the Paladin event, original vs the new one, is an example of  ""if it isn't broken, don't fix it"

As much as I liked the new version and mapped out where the emitters were, I did prefer the original one that we have once again. 

• Thanks 2

25 alts with all the badges!

• 2 weeks later

Actually no time for one to prevent the Paladin from being built.  I have done this three times already.  Twice with Toper and once with my toon, Grey Ptarmigan.

By the time that one has formed a team against the construction, the Paladin is already built and consequently defeating him yields NO defeat badge.

Also I have noticed that only one construction site is being used and that being in Hyde Park.

The original was never in Hyde Park to begin with.

The original was always randomly selected from three different sites in the Gish district.

Of course as we know already, there is NO Knight Errant temp power.  The Knight Errant Temp as I have found out in the past was any of my toons' strongest partners.

I found it stronger even than the Ancestral Spirit Temp.

I guess until they totally fix this, the Paladin Event will be a work in progress.

Having the site in Hyde Park makes this time around more difficult to begin with as well.  With the original version, all three sites were within short distance of the Train Station.  You could get to them a lot faster.

1 hour ago, Elemento said:

Also I have noticed that only one construction site is being used and that being in Hyde Park.

There are three construction sites. One in the Royal Refinery neighborhood, one in the Aqueduct neighborhood, and one in the Industrial Avenue neighborhood. There is a map on the Paladin Construction wiki page showing the location of each of these spawn sites, and vidiotmaps has been updated to reflect this information as well.

The site you note in High Park is the destination point to which the newly-constructed Paladin runs, and not a construction site. You'll need to search the three sites I mentioned above to find the active construction site.

• Thanks 3

Overall i consider the badge more difficult to obtain now since you have to be online, travel to kings row and find the construction site in less then 5 minutes.  All that assuming that you have event messages turned on in the first place.

I did manage to find it 1 time since i was messing around in kings row when it started but i was too late one other time and in another group the other times ive seen the message.

Im definitely looking forward to whatever rework they have planned since the original design is underwhelming.   

Well, vidiot maps does have the locations marked since live,  I would suggest the following

1 event messages on

2 long range teleport linked to KR

3. Fly power with the now integrated afterburner

Once you teleport into the zone, one site is near the base portal, the other two are equidistant

Only problem I have had is correctly guessing which site. 🙂

Edited by Nericus