The No Tech Costume Contest while servers are down

KelvinKole

We’ll see how this goes. You all have screenshots, right?

Technology can’t be trusted. Games were better played in the days of sand and sticks. In the spirit of resenting technology for all that it ruins when it doesn’t work, post your favorite costume that DOES NOT FEATURE ANY TECHNOLOGY THEMED COSTUME PIECES. 

Pretty vague, right? So will be the reward. I’ll send the winner some money, at least 20mil influence. This contest will only be open for as long as the technology isn’t working. 

• Thanks 2

I'll bite.

"Maulnok once found Big Shiny "technology". Bright light come out of Big Shiny and grab Maulnok. Next Maulnok know, Tiny Green Man staring at Maulnok. Maulnok grunt in anger! Grunt turn to word... word to sentences. Tiny Green Man smiled. Since, Maulnok continue to make sentences, makes Tiny Green Man happy. And when he happy, he let Maulnok smash!"

191735031_4710845612277658_7531773040881334496_n.thumb.jpg.528af5a21c8f388f520a242309bc05b9.jpg192061761_4710845578944328_8643932232184558809_n.jpg.334b925758e80827f1196c943b83e8e9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.9c3873dad4c5afcb5bd5e2d572815c71.png

The Legendary Minoan Minotaur

Everybody's heard Theseus killed me.  Well, it's like this -- Theseus was actually a pretty good guy, he would never have hurt a drinking buddy. . . but the Attic Greeks were great liars.  He'd actually only beaten me at arm wrestling.

Speaking of tale-tellers, that Ulysses could talk my horns off! Drank like Dionysus, too. Take my advice, DO NOT accept a ride home from him.

And the whole "children sacrificed to the bloodthirsty Minotaur" meme? Field trips. I used to show students around the maze for a few drachmas. How did it get all blown out of proportion? Well, the Greeks weren't the first nor the last parents to worry about their kids hanging around with a single guy who lives in his parents' basement.

The axe? The Labrys, the symbol of Minoan kingship. Double-bitted and made from an alloy -- LITERALLY cutting-edge Bronze Age technology!

• Like 4

screenshot_210416-23-29-24_1.thumb.jpg.5966132617e1774a9306b54634ce864b.jpg

Kindly One: 

In 67 BCE, Mae was a Gallus, a transgendered priestess of Cyblele, in Phrygia.

During a famine, the women of the city, led by the Gallae,  petitioned the satrap for relief.  To their horror, he turned the city guard loose upon them.  Knowing that she and her sisters were doomed, Mae called upon the Kindly Ones to  avenege them. To her shock and horror, they obliged.

Mae and her sisters watched as the bloodthirsty Furies tore all the inhabitants of their city to shreds, save them.  When the carnage ended, the Keres approached the Gallae and offered them a choice:  Join the Furies in eternal vengence, or die like all the rest.

Millenia followed in which Mae and her sisters punished the wicked and powerful in the name of the Furies.  Until the day the dark lady appeared.  She stank of magic as old as the universe, and demanded the death of a child.

The plight of the child awoke a spark long forgotten in Mae.  For the first time, she defied Mother Keres, and refused.  

Mother Keres raged and fumed.  She callled Mae and her sisters ungrateful, impure, not real Furies. 

The spark that had awakened in her grew to a raging flame, as she challenged Mother Keres.   In the duel that ensued , Mae slew the Keres. 

Though she has earned the enmity of her former comrades, she and her sisters were finally free.

(Kindly One Lvl 50 Water/Plant blaster on Reunion)

• Like 2

yodel2.thumb.JPG.69892bace4c639494535e3f5e448f430.JPG

I don't do a lot of tech costumes.....

• Like 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

No technology? how about my dark magician girl Time's Eclipse?

1524850325_TimesEclipse.thumb.PNG.70af5b04198eb988a09e0e0d51424bd6.PNG

Or maybe she's too dark, how about a flasy stage magician instead?  Here's Phantasmal Virtuoso.

1118299020_PhantasmalVirtuosoAlt.thumb.PNG.1c572e731f2b81912a819fa70c8b5d06.PNG

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 4

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Not sure if this counts. This is a group character with a unique back story, which I will provide with the costumes. I hope this doesn't disqualify me, but I understand if it does.

The RedMask

You want to know who I am? I will try to explain. I am the assembly line worker who lost his livelihood when a villain bombed the factory. I am the ER doctor who has seen her patients pay the cost of evil. I am the school teacher who hopes his students succeed in life, only to watch them succumb to the corruption of the streets. I am the PPD detective who has realized that her badge is less of a shield and more of a shackle when it comes to actually delivering justice. I could be the man in the suit behind you on the Green Line. I could be the woman in the car next to you at the light. We are all the people who have been kicked down again and again until we couldn't take it anymore. we are everyone, and we are no one. We are The RedMask, and we have had enough.

Red Masks.jpg

Edited by ElectronMaiden
  • Like 4

Here is my main character since live release.

Introducing Solarblaze, aka Triana.

All fire blapper (way before I knew what blapping was).

No technology.

solarblaze.JPG

Oh, I forgot to mention, how she was born a hero.

Just a civilian freed, and fleeing through caves, from a CoT ritual thanks to some upstart heroes...

She and the heroes ran into a 5th Column underground base.

The heroes were soundly defeated one by one.

But when a 5th Column Wolfpack Robot pointed it's barrel to her face....

She combusted with fear and the room of robots was ignited into an inferno.

She passed out, to awaken in a hospital later that week.

The heroes had made it out thanks to her.

So I guess that technology lost that fight.

Edited by Solarblaze4
Included quick version of original background story.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sailboat said:

image.thumb.png.9c3873dad4c5afcb5bd5e2d572815c71.png

The Legendary Minoan Minotaur

Everybody's heard Theseus killed me.  Well, it's like this -- Theseus was actually a pretty good guy, he would never have hurt a drinking buddy. . . but the Attic Greeks were great liars.  He'd actually only beaten me at arm wrestling.

Speaking of tale-tellers, that Ulysses could talk my horns off! Drank like Dionysus, too. Take my advice, DO NOT accept a ride home from him.

And the whole "children sacrificed to the bloodthirsty Minotaur" meme? Field trips. I used to show students around the maze for a few drachmas. How did it get all blown out of proportion? Well, the Greeks weren't the first nor the last parents to worry about their kids hanging around with a single guy who lives in his parents' basement.

The axe? The Labrys, the symbol of Minoan kingship. Double-bitted and made from an alloy -- LITERALLY cutting-edge Bronze Age technology!

BRA-VO!

Nothing hi tech here just a woman her wings and a large heavy lump of cold steel

Raptor Red

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?