Pets are your new best friend

Underfyre

On 7/7/2021 at 10:46 PM, Sunsette said:

idk imx both cats and dogs are pretty good at seizing the opportunity*

* the opportunity being your food

The cats I have now won't even touch my food.  And I try!  I offer them bites of everything, they just give me that "This isn't up to my standards, you unrefined cretin" look.  I can pick up a food bowl and crinkle the bag of dry food and Jessica goes into meerkat mode, even if the food bowl was full,  but she refuses to touch cheese, or milk, or bits of meat.  And May only eats what Jessica eat... usually when Jessica is trying to eat it, but, fortunately, they're not combative over food.

Now Ivan... he loved eating my food.  Didn't matter what I was eating, he wanted it.  And he didn't want it because it was tasty, he wanted it because... he loved me.  If I was eating it, he wanted to share the experience.  Plums.  Granny Smith apples.  Pistachios!  I shelled and fed him half a bag of pistachios once, and he had the biggest, most adorable smile the whole time.  If I tried to eat one, he'd reach out with a paw and divert my hand to his mouth.

I miss him.  It's been over 10 years and I still miss him.  It's good to remember the better times, like this, though, all of the ways he wormed into my heart and made me happy.  Thanks for bringing those memories to the surface.  They're what keep him close, even now.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

7 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Noticed the other day that my Ring Mistress was applying my Degenerative debuff. Same mechanism going on with pets applying Opportunity?

It wouldn't surprise me, I thought they're all treated as global enhancements which would be given to your pets. This is why I always thought MMs/Crabs should take the the DoT/Radial branch of their interface as the debuffs only stack up to 4 but DoTs stack up to 8, and with so many attacks from so many pets you can hit the 4x stack even with 25% chance to proc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

51 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It wouldn't surprise me, I thought they're all treated as global enhancements which would be given to your pets. This is why I always thought MMs/Crabs should take the the DoT/Radial branch of their interface as the debuffs only stack up to 4 but DoTs stack up to 8, and with so many attacks from so many pets you can hit the 4x stack even with 25% chance to proc.

I think most people should take the Radial/DoT branches, since incarnate powers are intended for trials with dozens of players, so it's extremely likely the AVs will end up with max stacks of debuffs on them no matter what.

I always recommend Partial Radial T3, and Radial T4. 

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.