Paragon Dance Party deserves an update.

Azari

there should be an SG portal in there, and an exploration badge, as well as a day job power.  perhaps also add a door from pocket D to Paragon Dance party somewhere.   Paragon Dance Party was the original hang out place before Pocket D, and I still prefer it... It's my dream to once again see PDP full of people.  I think making it easier to access would help a lot.....  also add it to long range teleporter...  *^_^*

i'm pretty sure nobody would complain about these additions *^_^* who doesnt love paragon dance party?  my favorite novelty area in the game by far.  ❤️ pre-NCsoft buyout COH...

PDPSGportal.png

Edited by Azari
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted this a while back.  PDP was part of the suggestion.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/26440-random-thoughts-on-leveraging-the-ae-for-tip-like-missions/

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

I was just in the zone the other day and I enjoyed the techno beats on repeat. Is this a hero only zone?

It is.

But the Rikti Monkey Fight Club in Sharkhead is a villain only zone, so that balances out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 hours ago, Azari said:

tbh I always preferred the music in Paragon Dance Party over pocket D....

"Wugga-buggle sugga-wobba SOMETHING THE HOUSE!" — okay, heard that repeat about 1,000 times too many.

PDP just has the most nostalgic atmosphere... It simply deserves more love.

I'd like to see... ANY other player in there sometime, yeah. Hook it back into reality more.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

There are doors for the zone in Steel Canyon, Independence Port and...Skyway?  Can never remember where the third door is.

north and south doors in steel canyon, independence port (on terra volta island) and talos island.  (talos island you can use the side door or the movie theater door)  during live it was never on the map, but in homecoming they added it to the map.  check it out some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

"Wugga-buggle sugga-wobba SOMETHING THE HOUSE!" — okay, heard that repeat about 1,000 times too many.

I'd like to see... ANY other player in there sometime, yeah. Hook it back into reality more.

i always thought in pocket D it was saying "the breffers and the jeffers & the U.K. in the house"  whatever the hell that means.

i'm in paragon dance party quite a bit on the everlasting server.  i even have a paragon dance party themed SG in response to the other club themed SG's... it's called The Cryptic Underground.  only two members so far so LMK if you wanna join.  the other clubs are just copy "cats"!

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've tried to parse out that line many times and all that really comes in clear is IN THE HOUSE! Which is why I like the techno over in PDP... reminds me of walking down the mile of techno clubs in Dusseldorf.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

54 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I've tried to parse out that line many times and all that really comes in clear is IN THE HOUSE! Which is why I like the techno over in PDP... reminds me of walking down the mile of techno clubs in Dusseldorf.

If anyone knows what the real lyrics are, i'd love to hear

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Azari said:

north and south doors in steel canyon, independence port (on terra volta island) and talos island.  (talos island you can use the side door or the movie theater door)  during live it was never on the map, but in homecoming they added it to the map.  check it out some time.

There's a homeless guy by the door just north of the theatre in Talos Island; if you click on him, he'll tell you that the PDP is gone, and to go away:

[NPC] Bum: Hellooooo! Resting here! No Paragon Dance Party if you didn't notice. Go to Pocket D. Now kindly LEAVE.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 6:32 PM, Shenanigunner said:

"Wugga-buggle sugga-wobba SOMETHING THE HOUSE!" — okay, heard that repeat about 1,000 times too many

It’s clearly, “The brothers and the chutlers say, ‘UK!’ in the house!”

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, srmalloy said:

There's a homeless guy by the door just north of the theatre in Talos Island; if you click on him, he'll tell you that the PDP is gone, and to go away:

[NPC] Bum: Hellooooo! Resting here! No Paragon Dance Party if you didn't notice. Go to Pocket D. Now kindly LEAVE.

he's lying.  crazy bum. probably strung out on weird rikti drugs and thinks it's still 2012.   click on the door, it's open.

another good point though.  The devs should remove the bums and put the PDP posters back up.  only the south steel canyon entrance still has posters if i remember correctly

Edited by Azari
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

I'd hope a Dev has a spare hour to make these tweaks. None seem like more than flipping a few switches.

• Retired Developer
13 hours ago, Azari said:

bump.   Nobody else has any PDP love????

With club themed bases being a dime a dozen, it's a tough sell to get traffic there, particularly given that Pocket D evolved from PDP when the population rose enough that chat proximity became a big problem (the same problem people complain about now with a lot of people near each other).

That said I wouldn't mind seeing an SG portal and/or the current badge outside the door giving you direct access to it via the travel teleporter. Direct access via Pocket D I wouldn't complain about or disagree with personally, but no one really visits Studio 55 and that's also linked.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, srmalloy said:

DJ Zero probably bribes this guy to keep people away too, so he might take issue with a direct link to the old place.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Naomi said:

no one really visits Studio 55 and that's also linked.

HEY!  HEY! I'm walking here!

The Praetorians SG on Reunion visit that a lot 🙂  Then again, Reunion has a Gold side thing, the amount of Level 50 Golds (who didn't leave) is a lot higher than you'd think!

Also, I am still plugging my AE/Full Mission Halfway House Pie-in-the-Sky program above! LOL.

Having a bunch of "off duty" contacts there with a variety of missions, from tip style to mini arcs would make PDP a different sort of club to Pocket D.  Same for the other two clubs.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

having PDP accessible from pocket D would like.. complete the circle, man

the fact there are so many club-themed SG's is kinda a shame considering the playerbase is ignoring the real classic original club..  i even created a PDP themed SG called "The Cryptic Underground" on everlasting in response to these club themed SG's touting their copycat clubs...

and yeah adding a whisper channel would make PDP even better...  though not totally needed... i sure as heck wouldnt complain about such a feature

I Just love paragon dance party ❤️

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, krj12 said:

Never knew this existed, where is it?

See, this is one reason the Dance Party needs attention!

Really, these are under-utilized/neglected resources.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, Naomi said:

With club themed bases being a dime a dozen, it's a tough sell to get traffic there, particularly given that Pocket D evolved from PDP when the population rose enough that chat proximity became a big problem (the same problem people complain about now with a lot of people near each other).

But isn't that a perfect imitation of life?  I've never been in a club where screaming to make yourself heard wasn't necessary. 😛

On 10/8/2021 at 4:17 PM, Naomi said:

With club themed bases being a dime a dozen, it's a tough sell to get traffic there...

Bases have to be "known" to enter. PDP is for everybody. So.

Any efforts appreciated... it's a nice little place, deserves not to be forgetabandoned.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think this every time I read a roleplayer thread/request and I’m just bursting to express it:

Can I just say that I respect the right of roleplayers to exist and to receive their allotted portion of developer attention..

But why y’all gotta be so damn weird