General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 3

So to recant: Upthrust and Entomb, smaller gfx, upthrust needs to be sped up to impact, And Meteor's acc is too low, dam/rech stats are way off, knockback needs to be changed to knockup and not so much, and hit time needs to be vastly sped up. Would honestly prefer it as a targetted aoe instead of a location aoe as well.

So, I've looked over the list of new badges and the one question I have about the Aeon trial is this - if you satisfy the criteria for Relentless - would you automatically satisfy the criteria for the settings below that. 

One thing CoH has always done, and never made any sense to me were these attempts to get people to repeat the content over and over and over and over again. 
Granted, it seems that each difficulty is going to result in subtle differences - and I've only been through the default villainous setting as of yet. That said, it would be quite annoying to complete the strike force at the Relentless setting only to have repeat it at the lower difficulty settings because you wanted all the badges. 

I completely get that nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to pursue these badges. I'm just trying to get things to make sense. Seems like if you do it at the highest difficulty, that should award the lower difficulty badges as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Ukase said:

So, I've looked over the list of new badges and the one question I have about the Aeon trial is this - if you satisfy the criteria for Relentless - would you automatically satisfy the criteria for the settings below that. 

One thing CoH has always done, and never made any sense to me were these attempts to get people to repeat the content over and over and over and over again. 
Granted, it seems that each difficulty is going to result in subtle differences - and I've only been through the default villainous setting as of yet. That said, it would be quite annoying to complete the strike force at the Relentless setting only to have repeat it at the lower difficulty settings because you wanted all the badges. 

I completely get that nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to pursue these badges. I'm just trying to get things to make sense. Seems like if you do it at the highest difficulty, that should award the lower difficulty badges as well. 

Repeatability is very important. People need to be encouraged to run these things multiple times so that there are people to team with to do them. Final fantasy 14 is very good at this, they give people reasons to run old content. And in general city of heroes is pretty good about giving people reasons to run old content too.

You can do it at the low setting mentioned, or you can attempt it on Relentless. It will be tougher, but its possible!

So starting at Malicious, you can go for the badges. 

4 settings - Malicious, Vicious, Ruthless, and Relentless in that order.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Just now, Wavicle said:

Repeatability is very important. People need to be encouraged to run these things multiple times so that there are people to team with to do them. Final fantasy 14 is very good at this, they give people reasons to run old content. And in general city of heroes is pretty good about giving people reasons to run old content too.

Repeatability with a different alt is great. With the same alt, over and over again? No, that's not great, and it's not important at all. 
The notion that people need to run and rerun the same story with the same character is "very important" is your opinion, and I don't see it the way you do. 

It doesn't mean you're wrong, but it sure doesn't mean I'm wrong either. Just two different views. I don't enjoy doing the same task forces over and over on the same character. I'm hard pressed to repeat them with an alt. I'll do it for the badges, because I view them as the best part of the game. But when they determine that we'll run this stuff over and over until we get them, it can be annoying. 

If you've ever gotten all the badges on a character, you may have a better idea of what I'm talking about.  

4 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

You can do it at the low setting mentioned, or you can attempt it on Relentless. It will be tougher, but its possible!

So starting at Malicious, you can go for the badges. 

4 settings - Malicious, Vicious, Ruthless, and Relentless in that order.

Yes, but there seems to be a badge for Malicious, and a badge for Vicious, etc. So that's 4 badges, which means you have to run it 4x per character. And probably more, because no matter how good I might be (or not be) someone else may make a mistake or just have the wrong build for the harder stuff, and you have to start over, again. And again, and again. 

I understand that some badges should be a challenge. But the challenge should be in satisfying the badge requirements - not surviving tedium. Just my opinion, and well, everyone has one. 

I'm looking at the badges now.

Unfriendly, Ripple, Power, and Can't Touch This all require Malicious.

Gold Standard (completion badge, herp) and I think Best Friends can be done base.

image.png.2d61e8cae9954fbbaf39e6063f8fafd6.png
So, you can do it on Malicious - which as just added powers but no big stats & restrictions. That's the best way to get the badges.
You can also get all the badges in the same run - its like the TinPex style badges.

I think surviving tedium would be more valid if these badges required Vicious and higher - which is when we get into stats / restrictions

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 hour ago, Shadeknight said:

I'm looking at the badges now.

Unfriendly, Ripple, Power, and Can't Touch This all require Malicious.

Gold Standard (completion badge, herp) and I think Best Friends can be done base.

image.png.2d61e8cae9954fbbaf39e6063f8fafd6.png
So, you can do it on Malicious - which as just added powers but no big stats & restrictions. That's the best way to get the badges.
You can also get all the badges in the same run - its like the TinPex style badges.

I think surviving tedium would be more valid if these badges required Vicious and higher - which is when we get into stats / restrictions

So...I've mis-read the requirements, then. You know I read that twice. I suppose I need to work on my reading comprehension. Must be getting older.
Anyhow, in that case, I thank you! And retract my statement. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, Mezmera said:

Procs aren't dependent on animation times.  They are dependent on internal recharge values of that specific power.  

Proc rate is based on animation time + recharge time (as modified by local recharge).  Obviously, with the longer-recharge-time powers that we tend to focus on, recharge time dominates, but animation time does play in.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, JayboH said:

Force Fields - yes, this set could use a 2nd revamp, but it is still stupidly strong for what it does - a single defender can softcap an entire team on just SOs if I recall.  I would welcome revisions.

The point is the set's other powers. 2 shield do not maketh the set.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, JayboH said:

Outside of that, I would vote Poison getting a revamp above Force Fields and even Sonic Resonance above Force Fields.  Super Strength's Rage issue is probably a hard problem to solve and might be the reason it hasn't been proliferated yet.

Poison is fine and can be really enjoyed with proc. Given you stack rage, there's really little issue there.

19 minutes ago, xl8 said:

Poison is fine and can be really enjoyed with proc. Given you stack rage, there's really little issue there.

I would easily disagree there, but that's a whole other thread. Not necessarily based on variety of powers, more-so than values, type, toggling off, melee, AOE RADIUS, taoe versus cone slow for melee, poison trap getting the traps treatment and being tier 6 or lower, venomous gas being location based as to not toggle off (or what IMO all toggles should do and just suppress not toggle off) etc...

As to rage, the stacking IS the issue mostly. Make it not stackable and remove the defense debuff from the crash and lessen the end crash. Then swap punch and jab for tankers, and lower the actual damage buff from rage and bump up the sets base damage/scalars/rech of the other STs. And give handclap damage and make it KD not KB (which is super dumb for a melee AT). Then move KB to tier 9, foot stomp to tier 6, and increase hurls damage slightly, lower activation time to the 1.5s like dom hurl boulder is (also make it throw random objects like propel not just a chunk of rock) and increase it's recharge time to match. SS fixed.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Like 2

• Fix an issue where completing part of a multi-part mission while on a mission map would cause a door to not be assigned, making it impossible to proceed without abandoning the mission. This most commonly happened when completing a hunt mission that chains into a door mission while inside a different door mission.

Does this also fix the bug of not having a door for the second part when you complete the first part of a multi-door mission collaboratively?

5 hours ago, xl8 said:

The point is the set's other powers. 2 shield do not maketh the set.

Correct, I agree, which is why no one does that including Force Field players themselves.  Why would anyone skip Dispersion Bubble?  That seems nuts.  Defenders cannot softcap with the two powers you mentioned anyway.

Poison is as fine as Force Fields and Sonic Resonance - all 3 could use work.  If you stack Rage, you are going to have problems.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

So, after a cursory run around Cimerora, I'm guessing that the Tips for Exploration badges doesn't extend there and that there still won't be a better/faster way of getting there than going either through the Midnighter's Club or using the LFG queue to "TP" to Imperious?

• Lead Game Master
1 hour ago, ftckayes said:

So, after a cursory run around Cimerora, I'm guessing that the Tips for Exploration badges doesn't extend there and that there still won't be a better/faster way of getting there than going either through the Midnighter's Club or using the LFG queue to "TP" to Imperious?

IIRC the current plan is to have Exploration tip missions for Cim in page 4, but since p3 is still in beta, that's a way's off, and plans can change. As for "no better" way to get there... yeah, still gotta use Midnighters or the LFG-Q. I'm unaware if there's any plans to change that, but hey, who knows!

• Thumbs Up 3

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

On 11/8/2021 at 1:26 AM, JayboH said:

Correct, I agree, which is why no one does that including Force Field players themselves.  Why would anyone skip Dispersion Bubble?  That seems nuts.  Defenders cannot softcap with the two powers you mentioned anyway.

Poison is as fine as Force Fields and Sonic Resonance - all 3 could use work.  If you stack Rage, you are going to have problems.

Poison >>>>>>> Sonic >> FF 🙂

General note that this is patch is amazing and I can't wait to see it go live. I have a quibble here or there, and I certainly haven't tested everything, but overall it looks great.

I do wonder how this can possibly be called only one page of an issue. This is a bigger content buff than some of the "full" live issues 🙂

Some notes regarding Geode: 

- It "dies" too quickly. I feel like it needs either stronger def/dmg res or higher HP. As it stands right now, I would skip this power every time. EVERY. TIME. 

- The color scheme of Geode is frustrating. There are two parts to the geode: the rock and the gems. When color tinting the power, one color should be for the rock while the other is for the gem -- like the original -- like a real geode. 

• Like 2

• Developer
5 hours ago, Zugzwangz said:

- The color scheme of Geode is frustrating. There are two parts to the geode: the rock and the gems. When color tinting the power, one color should be for the rock while the other is for the gem -- like the original -- like a real geode. 

Wish I could do this, but as far as I know, I cant control what tint is picked by what color geometry. Each geom just has some stuff tied to it that make it inherit both colors in different ways, with crystal ones inheriting one tint in the edges and another in the flat sides. Closest I could ever get to is having one of the pieces, likely the glass layer, not being tintable at all.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

18 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Wish I could do this, but as far as I know, I cant control what tint is picked by what color geometry. Each geom just has some stuff tied to it that make it inherit both colors in different ways, with crystal ones inheriting one tint in the edges and another in the flat sides. Closest I could ever get to is having one of the pieces, likely the glass layer, not being tintable at all.

The glass layer (I assume you're referring to the "gem" part of the animation) is the layer that people *would* want to customize. Consider any geode you've ever seen in your entire life. The part of the geode that catches your attention -- the part the leaves you in awe -- is the gem layer, not the rock they're attached to. 

Quick edit, because I want to be clear: The gems having the edges and flat surfaces inheriting two different colors isn't the frustrating part. It's the rock-part and the gem-part sharing the same color scheme that bother me. Originally, the rock is brown and the gems are orange. If you change the primary color to blue and the secondary color to red, both the rock AND the gems will be blue with edges of the gems being red. That seems like a very strange color arrangement.

I'm not sure if we're actually talking about the same thing, and if we are, my apologies for beating the dead horse. What I'm proposing is changing it such that the rock takes on the primary color, while the gems take on the secondary (or vice versa). 

Edited by Zugzwangz
  • Like 3