New Body Types

Troo

Have: Male, Female, Huge Male

Want: ??

We've seen some requests for Huge Female, but why stop there.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

25 minutes ago, biostem said:

I wonder if just allowing greater extents to either end of the various sliders would totally break the game...

If we can get to a relatively lean Male chest, it seems like we could get human-scale boobs on the Females...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Without consideration that the costume pieces and many animations would all need rework.  

-overweight people

-dwarf people (actual short arms/legs/torso,  not a tiny character model)

-average build people.  Not all my heroes hit the gym or buffet for 12 hours a day.

-4 arms.  I need a gun, a sword, a wand, and a fist all hitting the enemy at the same time.

• Thanks 1

I get the impression that making a new body model isn't necessarily difficult. Hell, probably effortless, almost a couple hour job for a professional, considering improvements in programs and talent over the past couple of decades.

The issue isn't making a new body model. It's adjusting and properly pinning every single costume part in the entire game to it. One by one. And testing them. One by one. And together. With every animation. In as many permutations as is possible.

Couple hours to throw together a model that matches the rest of the game. Endless toil inserting it into the game.

• Thanks 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

interesting ideas.

@SaintD agreed. costume clipping, etc. is an accepted facet of these type requests.

there could be a beast body type that had wider range for scale sliders. example: much shorter legs

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

I would personally settle for a male body type that doesn't look like it has a broom inserted in its pride when it plays the running animation.

There's a reason why 95% of my characters are female, I just can't stand the male running animation, it looks DUMB.

Alternate bodies / composite.   Will be quirky no doubt.  But having alternate lower bodies (centaurs, sphinx, even the hover platform leg thing the Freak has in redside Doc Buzzsaws new arc…).  Alternate torsos.  Even harder but any options are good options.  Alternate heads.  Large Bull/Lion/Robot/brains in jar/Demonic, etc

Basically just step out from humanoid and into what is runnable….  I could even groove on running a police droid or something similar for quite a few power sets.  Hardly any animation needed. (None but the effects). Although I would prefer an Arachnos droid to a police bot….of course

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Alternate bodies / composite.   Will be quirky no doubt.  But having alternate lower bodies (centaurs, sphinx, even the hover platform leg thing the Freak has in redside Doc Buzzsaws new arc…).  Alternate torsos.  Even harder but any options are good options.  Alternate heads.  Large Bull/Lion/Robot/brains in jar/Demonic, etc

Basically just step out from humanoid and into what is runnable….  I could even groove on running a police droid or something similar for quite a few power sets.  Hardly any animation needed. (None but the effects). Although I would prefer an Arachnos droid to a police bot….of course

Totally.  A lot of the enemy models would be awesome to play.  Mu soldiers are just one example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Panda/Bear.

Tekken has it, why can't CoH? This line of thought is indisputably uncontestable.

I need to exercise my rights to bear arms. We all do.

• Haha 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

10 hours ago, biostem said:

I wonder if just allowing greater extents to either end of the various sliders would totally break the game...

I can assure u with set to max height and max leg length u already have problem in certain maps (cave/orebega/council maps) to stuck in environment, by just moving through the map.

Edited by SuggestorK
fixed typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

32 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Alternate bodies / composite.   Will be quirky no doubt.  But having alternate lower bodies (centaurs, sphinx, even the hover platform leg thing the Freak has in redside Doc Buzzsaws new arc…).

I always wanted to have the long dresses of the Carnie Illusionst types. (You could do the floaty bit with hover, obviously) but just give me that long dress type! Please?! 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2021 at 10:35 PM, biostem said:

13 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

I can assure u with set to max height and max leg length u already have problem in certain maps (cave/orebega/council maps) to stuck in environment, by just moving through the map.

Not to mention the farther you push the slider, the more clipping you have by costume parts.  I was making a Kris Kringle-type the other day and had problems with the long beard clipping the chest coverings when I went for max girth.

I was a fan of the character Guido "Strong Guy" Carosella back in the initial run of X-Factor in the 1990s.  His distinctive power top/shrimpy legs look was always something I wanted in-game.

Strong Guy - Marvel Comics - X-Factor - Guido Carosella ...

For that matter, why not have asymmetrical body type as well?  Snarky mentioned different tops, bodys, but I'm thinking more like jacked-up main arm, smaller secondary arm.  Might allow more creativity in the "monster" department.

Lastly, why are necks so limited?  the ability to go wide gives me a chance to make a Sontaran, and the other guy a chance to make a proto-MODOK.  Taller necks might also work.  Anyone for Giraffe-Man?

Edited by Techwright

@Techwright i think jacked up costume clipping would need to be accepted as part of the devil's bargain. an additional body type might be able to isolate the issues. it could accommodate a little broader scales and experimental items.

11 hours ago, Dona Eis Requiem said:

I always wanted to have the long dresses of the Carnie Illusionst types. (You could do the floaty bit with hover, obviously) but just give me that long dress type! Please?! 

I think the given line on that was that those dresses are pinned to the legs and don't have physics. They work for an NPC because you can strictly control the animations they use. For players, that dress turns into an eldritch horrorshow of stretched textures and a black, unknowable void between the legs when you get in any way acrobatic.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

5 minutes ago, Troo said:

@Techwright i think jacked up costume clipping would need to be accepted as part of the devil's bargain. an additional body type might be able to isolate the issues. it could accommodate a little broader scales and experimental items.

I suppose it depends on the clipping.  I've endorsed the use of clipping elsewhere in a costume tips thread if the two items are synnergistic, creating a look not possible normally, though I usually see this only on head gear.

1 hour ago, SaintD said:

I think the given line on that was that those dresses are pinned to the legs and don't have physics. They work for an NPC because you can strictly control the animations they use. For players, that dress turns into an eldritch horrorshow of stretched textures and a black, unknowable void between the legs when you get in any way acrobatic.

Yeah, I remember something to that effect having been said. Such a bummer...I have wanted long, historical costumes since time travel came to the City but it seems it is not to be.