Anti Aeon Brute Build

The_Warpact

So with all the fun going on with the new ASF, I decided to make a brute specific to fighting this SF. The first time I ran through I was on a Ill/Trap troller, with a SS/WP, Ice/Elec brute, and something Bio tank. My troller did better than the melee types but, that's not here nor there. Anywho since I figured the baddies are susceptible to psi and they are predominately energy attacks, then you guessed it, a Psi Melee/Energy Aura broot!

Any advice etc is of course appreciated!

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Lord Menace: Level 50 Technology Brute
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(19)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-Def/Rchg(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), ImpArm-ResPsi(27)
Level 4: Telekinetic Blow -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(34)
Level 6: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 8: Psi Blade Sweep -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 18: Boggle -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(39), CrcPrs-Conf%(39)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-Def/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), ImpArm-ResPsi(27), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Greater Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dam%(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dmg(42)
Level 35: Energy Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ImpArm-ResPsi(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 38: Energy Drain -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(48)
Level 41: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 47: Concentration -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 49: Overload -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(11)
Level 14: Speed Phase
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Ion Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Proof's in the pudding, git in there and tell us how it went!

Oh intend to, but, I cannot remember everything in it so was looking more for if I missed something. 

I'll run it this weekend for the final report, and definitely shooting for the Master of badge.

Because if you're going to do it, then do it right!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I like that at a glance.

If you can find 2 more slots for GPB you can double up on VR %dmg procs: Hecatomb & Unbreakable Constraint.  At the higher proc rate they fire reliably enough on my scrapper. Dropping one of the unique pieces from Health perhaps?  You might find Drain to be sufficient to keep yourself in the Blue; potentially could just go with the single Panacea in there.

Update us on how it goes!

Edit: Just noted the iPower choices.  Yeah, you can definitely afford to move those two pieces out of Health for more dmg in GPB. 🙂

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

28 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

I like that at a glance.

If you can find 2 more slots for GPB you can double up on VR %dmg procs: Hecatomb & Unbreakable Constraint.  At the higher proc rate they fire reliably enough on my scrapper. Dropping one of the unique pieces from Health perhaps?  You might find Drain to be sufficient to keep yourself in the Blue; potentially could just go with the single Panacea in there.

Update us on how it goes!

Edit: Just noted the iPower choices.  Yeah, you can definitely afford to move those two pieces out of Health for more dmg in GPB. 🙂

Pulled the heal proc from stamina and the other from hasten since it is perma. Nice bump on the dmg!

Edited by The_Warpact
Forgot something
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if super durable is really a necessity. The TF is not one to be face tanked from what I've read (didn't do it yet). Just like Psi melee... Well, it's not great. But if it' the mob's weakness then perhaps that's what's needed.

Are they impervious to CC like ITF mobs? Because Ice Patch might be a good help. Probably EM to focus fire on the important mobs that need to be put down ASAP.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Not sure if super durable is really a necessity. The TF is not one to be face tanked from what I've read (didn't do it yet). Just like Psi melee... Well, it's not great. But if it' the mob's weakness then perhaps that's what's needed.

Are they impervious to CC like ITF mobs? Because Ice Patch might be a good help. Probably EM to focus fire on the important mobs that need to be put down ASAP.

A little background, me and another person are shooting on duoing it, him on a troller and me. Will have alt accounts help start. We are going for master, I saw what Ice and EM did, Ice to me was the better of the 2 imo.

If psi is a weakness I'm shooting for it.

Edited by The_Warpact
Forgot something
  • Like 2

On 12/13/2021 at 2:51 PM, Sovera said:

Proof's in the pudding, git in there and tell us how it went!

Ok so Psi/NrgA was ok not as spectacular as I hoped for. If anything I would choose a different primary with NrgA.

Minions were no problem but, seriously slowed down on the AVs, build was survivable even on the spike damage. 

If it was a larger team of course it would have helped. Only 3 of us. Noticed the straight def builds were ok, res suffered, and a mix of def/res did way better.

This was on Malicious btw.

• Like 1

Watching vicariously from the sidelines my question would be what sort of additional powers were you seeing from the higher rank foes?  And Malicious at what notoriety as if I'm understanding the Beta notes correctly you could be doing Malicious at pretty much any +n/×n setting (as normal per any TF).  Minimum notoriety settings start applying at Vicious (+2/×8, then increase as you go to Ruthless +3/×8, then Relentless at +4/×8).  It's those last 3 challenge settings,  in particular, where it really ramps up the challenge and really puts pressure on to have teammates for success near as I can tell.

There was a couple instances of specialized Crey and Goldbricker that had specific attacks.

For example the Breaker, one hit for 2 ticks one at x amount and another at a much greater amount example 550 pts and 1200 pts. The multiple Smelters as soon as you see them stack Melt Armor on you.

Even Arachnos at the beginning was dropping the big guns with the Mistresses wiping 2 controllers out immediately.

Bosses, AVs, etc are on a whole different lvl with different abilities.

I'm sure someone with more time than i have will write a guide or update a wiki or some such stuff. 

Cold and toxic are very obvious weaknesses for the Golds. 

received_684524795871974.jpeg

Edited by The_Warpact
Forgot something

I have not had much experience with the Aeon yet...   But I have a toon in mind for it.  Dark/Melee Invul Brute.  High Recharge to keep Dull Pain and all the other little lovelies cycling in.  Overall this is the toughest character I have run.  The Tank version was slightly tougher but I love Brutes...

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I have not had much experience with the Aeon yet...   But I have a toon in mind for it.  Dark/Melee Invul Brute.  High Recharge to keep Dull Pain and all the other little lovelies cycling in.  Overall this is the toughest character I have run.  The Tank version was slightly tougher but I love Brutes...

Alot of stacked -res in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Alot of stacked -res in it.

Yeah which if you can get 100% is not a problem as I understand it. Which is why I am looking at a build with Rune of Protection and possibly even running Unstoppable for the tougher fights.  Need to tailor a bit.  Currently mostly just watching the pros and levelling an alt project (that same Dark/Invul)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well your damage resistance caps at 90% (both Brutes and Tankers).  So no getting to 100%. (Or rather the extra 10 is lost for being over the hard cap).  But your Damage Resistance is what resists Damage Resistance Debuffs like that of Melt Armor.  At 90% Energy Damage Resistance their Melt Armor should be far less effective --> they're doing base 22.5%? which is effected by the Purple Patch (and assuming it's the same as a Corruptor at base).  You should see only a few percent debuff.  But (always that but) if you're getting hit by several on top of other resist debuff powers it's going to start getting painful fairly quickly especially as I think those debuffs effectively also start reducing your resistance to the debuff.  A cascade resistance failure so to speak.  Fortunately at Malicious inspires, iirc, are still available and much like with watching your defense you can watch your resistance values and use orange as far as I know to counter the losses.

8 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Well your damage resistance caps at 90% (both Brutes and Tankers).  So no getting to 100%. (Or rather the extra 10 is lost for being over the hard cap).  But your Damage Resistance is what resists Damage Resistance Debuffs like that of Melt Armor.  At 90% Energy Damage Resistance their Melt Armor should be far less effective --> they're doing base 22.5%? which is effected by the Purple Patch (and assuming it's the same as a Corruptor at base).  You should see only a few percent debuff.  But (always that but) if you're getting hit by several on top of other resist debuff powers it's going to start getting painful fairly quickly especially as I think those debuffs effectively also start reducing your resistance to the debuff.  A cascade resistance failure so to speak.  Fortunately at Malicious inspires, iirc, are still available and much like with watching your defense you can watch your resistance values and use orange as far as I know to counter the losses.

it was my understanding that resistance was its own resistance debuff resistance.  awkward sentence.  so 100% res would be proof against resistance debuff...  looking for where that got in my head now lol

10 minutes ago, Snarky said:

it was my understanding that resistance was its own resistance debuff resistance.  awkward sentence.  so 100% res would be proof against resistance debuff...  looking for where that got in my head now lol

I believe that has been shown to be true. Yes, you'll still take 10% damage with 100% damres on a tank or brute, but you'll resist 100% of damres debuffs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I believe that has been shown to be true. Yes, you'll still take 10% damage with 100% damres on a tank or brute, but you'll resist 100% of damres debuffs.

If so this correct it would be great and news to me.

Edit:  easily, I think, tested grab a buffer or two on a pure resist build (minimum defense) and let a few foes shoot at you.   Should be fairly apparent quickly I'd think 

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Thumbs Up 1

Read through the comments for test results of overcapped resistances.

100% resistance (pre-cap) will always be 100% debuff resistance (no cap on this).

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

6 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Well that's correct other than the value which since it is your damage resistance will be afaik limited to the cap on damage resistance.  Some debuff resistances do cap at 100%.  Heal and movement/recharge both can hit 100%.  

RDR ignores the AT cap for resistance. At least it did when testing on my Inv stalker. Tried testing with a fire tank on At Martial too but my s/l resist was too high for them to ever get it below 90% with the rdr.

Couldn't see any unresistable -Res on that tf too on beta. Went looking on a Rad tank and it never dipped. Only things which could kill me were the booms (they do a massive chunk of damage, even with capped resists you're not surviving it) and the shimmer pool things (they do a weird type of damage you've no resistances to).

• Thanks 1

So I was amazed to find out and definitely a sweet thing to discover (or rediscover??).

Edit:  I noted that the Brickernaut self destruct blast in addition to causing unsurvivable amounts of damage is also extremely accurate (i.e. Accuracy = 10) unless they've tweaked that further it pretty much means even if you floor the inner def/to hit clamped portion they'll still have a final hit of 95+%.   Or "Get out now or die" amounts.

Edited by Doomguide2005

15 hours ago, Carnifax said:

RDR ignores the AT cap for resistance. At least it did when testing on my Inv stalker. Tried testing with a fire tank on At Martial too but my s/l resist was too high for them to ever get it below 90% with the rdr.

Couldn't see any unresistable -Res on that tf too on beta. Went looking on a Rad tank and it never dipped. Only things which could kill me were the booms (they do a massive chunk of damage, even with capped resists you're not surviving it) and the shimmer pool things (they do a weird type of damage you've no resistances to).

Agreed, I took my Rad/Ice tank and he was unstoppable, Ice hits these goldies hard, there was a ice/ice stalker, and a night widow on the team and it was like a steamroller.

The booms are a pain to be sure.

On 12/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

The caveat being who can hit 100% to everything? Guess that's why folks are running back to the kill me now T9s for DASF.

Yes. I can easily hit 100+ on S/L on an Invul Brute.  But Energy?   Oof.   Most of my builds hover on the 60s.  This is where Rune of Prot, Oranges used strategically and reconsider running Unstoppable starts to be design possibilities