What do I do in this stuff?

Akalabeth

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

The acronyms I can deal with. It's the very lazy method of typing "u" for "you" and "ur" for "you're" or "your". These people need to be stripped of any advanced education they have and go back to school until they learn to write properly. Now get off my lawn! 

ur 2 old u need 2 relax

Lots of replies. 😮  Thanks for all your input everyone.  😮

I guess I'm attempting to do this stuff at a bad time if there are a lot of new "master of" badges.  I haven't had a chance to do anything in game today due to offline obligations and won't be able to for another few hours. 

Soloing Ms. Liberty TF prolly isn't possible with my character. 😕 since I'm under the impression it's pretty hard.

I think it's basically hit or miss with people.  While I said I hadn't been to Market Crash I still got in, but couldn't find a group for Lord Recluse "old" ouro badge run hehe.  That's the stuff I see run though.  "MoEden" "Master of Sewers", "MoMAG" etc.  The casual crowd does other things like leveling characters, positrons, manticores, PI radios which I'm familiar with.  I'm not a very good gamer (in any game), but I would like to try some of this high level stuff without all the pressure of being perfect when I go. 😕

What happens if I go on a "master of" and die or cause a death?   I mean some people get upset just missing Cadaver Counter badge hehe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Akalabeth said:

Lots of replies. 😮  Thanks for all your input everyone.  😮

I guess I'm attempting to do this stuff at a bad time if there are a lot of new "master of" badges.  I haven't had a chance to do anything in game today due to offline obligations and won't be able to for another few hours. 

Soloing Ms. Liberty TF prolly isn't possible with my character. 😕 since I'm under the impression it's pretty hard.

I think it's basically hit or miss with people.  While I said I hadn't been to Market Crash I still got in, but couldn't find a group for Lord Recluse "old" ouro badge run hehe.  That's the stuff I see run though.  "MoEden" "Master of Sewers", "MoMAG" etc.  The casual crowd does other things like leveling characters, positrons, manticores, PI radios which I'm familiar with.  I'm not a very good gamer (in any game), but I would like to try some of this high level stuff without all the pressure of being perfect when I go. 😕

What happens if I go on a "master of" and die or cause a death?   I mean some people get upset just missing Cadaver Counter badge hehe.

I will be mostly out of game for a week or two due to technical issues, but what shard are you playing on?  If you are on Torchbearer, I can help in a couple of weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know... I messaged someone forming a MoEden and said I'd never been, no idea what to do, and could I go anyway.  I was only half serious because I was 100% sure I would either not get an answer or denied.  I... got to go.  And we won. 😮  

I think my hands started shaking following them down the holes. @_@

• Thumbs Up 2

Everlasting has nightly runs of task forces, "master of" task forces, incarnate trials, etc. They accept anyone who meets the level requirements and will usually explain the steps before and during the missions.   The events start around 7:30pm ET, after the 7pm nightly Hamidon raid.

Join the global chat channel "Everlasting TFs" to see the schedule.

9 hours ago, Ukase said:

The acronyms I can deal with. It's the very lazy method of typing "u" for "you" and "ur" for "you're" or "your". These people need to be stripped of any advanced education they have and go back to school until they learn to write properly. Now get off my lawn! 

But think of the 0.1 second that they saved!!

Ok.  I regret I questioned this community.  While I've had some negative experiences with a few people, since I made this post yesterday, everyone's been willing to help me out.  I've legitly gotten Master of Eden, Master of Diabolique and Master of Keyes today pretty much due to far more experienced and superior gamers. @_@  I'm SO relieved I didn't mess any of those up even though I don't think I was much help for Keyes except with the fighting. I did read the hc wiki for some of the stuff I listed but the raid leader explained everything much better.  Thanks Doughboy for letting me know.  I was there just now. @_@

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Akalabeth said:

Should I just... go to all these things?  Without even knowing what to do?  For example when I looked on HC Wiki for Tinmage and it just had messy text of dialogue and google doesn't have any guides and the only thing I saw on the guide page in the forums was an Abandoned Sewers one.

. . .

Abandoned Sewer Trial

Barracuda

Cavern of Transcendence

Dr. Aeon

Dr. Quaterfeld

Eden Trial

Lord Recluse

Market Crash

Ms. Liberty

"MAG"

Sara Moore

"TPN"

"Underground Trial"

You should absolutely go on any of these, even if you have zero clue   I will say that, for the incarnate trials, they will often indicate what level you need to be.  Like you mentioned they wanted +3 for MoMAG.  They wanted you to have all 3 incarnate level shifts for Master of Magisterium.  You would also want to be level 53 for Dilemma Diabolique.  But the easy ones, like BAF (Behaviour Adjustment Facility) and Lambda (Lambda Sector), you just need to be 50.  The easy ones are how you get your components to level up for the harder ones.

The other stuff - Sewer Trial, Barracuda, Transcendence, Dr. Quaterfeld, Eden, Recluse, Market, Ms. Lib, Sara Moore - these are NO PROBLEM AT ALL.  Pretty much anyone can lead these (some easier than others).  Dr Q and Sara Moore can be led by monkeys they are so easy.  Also, FYI, Dr Q can be soloed - it has no AV's.

On Everlasting, this stuff gets run every night.

Today's schedule (posted on the Everlasting TFs Discord and global channel) for 7:30 to 10PM EST was:

Master of Lord Recluse

Dilemma Diabolique - all badges

Keyes - all badges

Lord Winter's Realm

Typically, they finish with some time to spare before the 10PM Hamidon raid and someone will run casual iTrials (usually BAF and Lambda).

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I often lead when I want to run casual task forces so that I can decide how it runs. However, if I am joining a lab advertised group I generally only ask two questions:

1. About how long of a time commitment should I expect? (Only if I’m unfamiliar with the task force). 

2. What type of run is it? Speed, kill most, go with the flow, etc. 

If I have never done the particular task force I just say as much when I join the team. I just say, “this is my first time running this one. Just let me know if there is anything I need to be aware of.” Then I just kind of go with the flow. 

I have found that most leaders will explain mechanics where needed and haven’t really ever felt lost in a task force. I have found that trials almost always have a lot of explanations going on so never really feel lost with those either. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about screwing something up. If the leader really cares about something for a badge or whatnot they will make sure to explain things. And if they don’t, that is on them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Akalabeth said:

I don't think I was much help for Keyes except with the fighting.

That’s just Keyes.  I’ve been in it more than a dozen times, including a couple of master runs, and I still don’t know what the heck is going on most of the time.

Don't sweat a thing. 

If the TF is weirdly complex enough (not many of them are, maybe 3 or four?), the leader will probably be trying to herd the cats to get it done right, so just pay attention to them. 

If not, just follow everyone and pew-pew-pew and you'll be fine. 

I'd hardly done any TFs on Live was pretty new to it all when HC came back.  The advice I give above got me through 90% of them.  Might wanna avoid the "idiotically hard" setting ones for now, sure.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 12/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, Akalabeth said:

Maybe I should try leveling a character on the others... except the pvp server.

The "pvp server" is no different than any of the pve servers except for the gradual population shift/consolidation. There are a lot of really experienced leaders on indom that run pve content regularly. These people are excellent communicators and get leagues moving with purpose (iTrials, Hamidon, MSR, etc). The reason they have not migrated to higher population servers is that Indom is their home. If you want them to lead, you have to fill seats with your butts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Went through this myself and posted recently. The majority of the level 50 playerbase is not helpful to real new players. They don't realize it, of course... they will generally say they are happy to answer any questions, but their perspective is generally so far removed from a true newbie they don't realize what being a newbie really means. They take things for granted.

You're not alone, but you are VASTLY outnumbered.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, Akalabeth said:

So I asked in General chat if anyone forms casual level 50 stuff (but I meant task forces/trials) that wasn't Master Of/Speed/max notoriety Aeons/can only use brawl etc. and people said all the time just ask.  The reason is because I haven't actually done most of the high level task forces because people pretty much expect me to already know the stuff to even be able to go.  I didn't play 20 years on live servers like everyone else seems to have.  I was told all I had to do was ask what to do in them and that people were SUPER nice and helpful in the community and would tell me.

A short time later someone was forming a MoMAG +3 only, so I asked in general, "What do you do in MoMAG?"  I've never been.  And... no one answered. >_>

Should I just... go to all these things?  Without even knowing what to do?  For example when I looked on HC Wiki for Tinmage and it just had messy text of dialogue and google doesn't have any guides and the only thing I saw on the guide page in the forums was an Abandoned Sewers one.

I have never done:

Abandoned Sewer Trial

Barracuda

Cavern of Transcendence

Dr. Aeon

Dr. Quaterfeld

Eden Trial

Lord Recluse

Market Crash

Ms. Liberty

"MAG"

Sara Moore

"TPN"

"Underground Trial"

....annnnnd apparently I'm an "AE baby" because of this even though I don't get leveled in AE by people. 😕

You might consider joining a fun SG (shameless plug time)

The Cosmic Council on Excelsior is karge, organized and runs both high end content and “learning the lore” runs. Just did a Mender Silos TF with them tonight.  45+ Ouro TF and we did it slow while the leader read all the dialogue  and we quipped about how crazy Manticore and the lore is….  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Icy Mike said:

Went through this myself and posted recently. The majority of the level 50 playerbase is not helpful to real new players. They don't realize it, of course... they will generally say they are happy to answer any questions, but their perspective is generally so far removed from a true newbie they don't realize what being a newbie really means. They take things for granted.

You're not alone, but you are VASTLY outnumbered.

Far too many veteran players assume that everyone else playing are also veteran players and that there are few to no new players to the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Far too many veteran players assume that everyone else playing are also veteran players and that there are few to no new players to the game.

Or they ignore Global, LFG and Help and only hang out with other old timers, never running into new players at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I do non level 50 PuG teams, I meet newer or those returning players all the time.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."