Shurikens are W A C K

Redletter

Theres so many cool shuriken moves but theyre spread out across all the ats and im just really salty they havent been used to make a "Ninja Tools" or something ranged damage set.

Dont mind me, Im just SEETHING that Im the only person who just wants to take mall ninja aesthetic to it's ULTIMATE FORM

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 9

Resident certified baby

3 hours ago, Redletter said:

Theres so many cool shuriken moves but theyre spread out across all the ats and im just really salty they havent been used to make a "Ninja Tools" or something ranged damage set.

Dont mind me, Im just SEETHING that Im the only person who just wants to take mall ninja aesthetic to it's ULTIMATE FORM

I still cling to the idea that mastermind ninja/ personal attacks qill get changed from bow to throwing stars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

speaking of Ninjas, am I the only one secretly wishing there was an alternative animation for caltrops where you spit it from your mouth?

Also, anyone else notice that Katana in all ATs is held by lefties? 

As a lefty this makes me happy.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I still cling to the idea that mastermind ninja/ personal attacks qill get changed from bow to throwing stars

It'd be nice! If only because im sick of having to go home and change everytime im at a party with Manticore.

Resident certified baby

3 hours ago, Six-Six said:

speaking of Ninjas, am I the only one secretly wishing there was an alternative animation for caltrops where you spit it from your mouth?

Also, anyone else notice that Katana in all ATs is held by lefties? 

Debris Vomit is my favorite AT.

And that lefty thing is because weebs read right to left, so naturally, they have to hold their swords wrong as well.

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

11 hours ago, Redletter said:

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago on the suggestions forum that discussed a potential shuriken blast set.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

7 hours ago, Redletter said:

Dont be silly, left hands dont exist.

For some reason this reminds me of when Dual Blades first came out, and people kept asking for the "main gauche" option to be usable in both hands, and BaBs pitched an absolute fit on the forums because "NO! MAIN GAUCHE MEANS LEFT HAND YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON THE RIGHT!", and after a couple weeks of people asking repeatedly, the "main droite" appeared as an option to be put on characters' right hands.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Really, we just need a "thrown weapon" set, with knives, shuriken, kunai, glass/crystal shards, etc, as selectable projectiles.  Or, at the very least, can we please have a "no body spines", (so hand/forearm only), and no redraw options for spines?

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I still want to see @Lyris idea for 2 new powersets, Flechettes (for small hurled items (like Shurikens)) & Thrown Weapons (for large hurled items that ricochet & return to you (like Boomerang, Chakram, etc...)).

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16340-shuriken-throw-set/page/2/#comment-212517

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've always wanted a throwing set: shirkens, granades (or exploding shirkens), etc.  Attacks should include debuffs and light control powers.  Green Goblin would be my basic model... flying skateboard/scooter included.  But add a staff strapped to my back, that I pull out when I jump off the scooter and enter full acrobat/melee mode.  This game doesn't really meet the model/engine requirements, but the concept in my head would play like a dominator but with better tools to mimic the mobility of the flying scooter.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 1/1/2022 at 11:39 PM, Redletter said:

oh? You're the only one, eh?

b74a2667046aa222591dd053587a00e3.jpg

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:39 PM, Redletter said:

I do think power customization with an existing set is the way to go.

Arrows, Trick arrows, and devices all fit nicely into ninja sets once power customization allows more ninja-like animations (shuriken and bomb throwing versus shooting arrows).

I'm kind of thinking that it would be easy to implement some shuriken powers as P2W temp powers if not used as alternate animations/SFX for the archery and trick arrow sets.

We already have :

1) Envenomed daggers

2) Hand Grenades

3) Smoke Flash

4) Stun Grenades

The hand grenades are a bit on the edge as far as ninja, but the other three for sure can easily fit into the ninja tool kit. 

The Dominator>martial assault isn't too be overlooked as it has several shuriken attacks - https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Martial_Assault

The ones that I have marked below are all shuriken attacks.

Power                       level        Effect

Shuriken Throw          1           Ranged, Minor DMG(Lethal)

Thunder Kick              2           Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Minor Disorient

Trick Shot                   4           Ranged, Chain Moderate DMG (Lethal)

Spinning Kick           10           Melee Cone, Moderate DMG(Smash), Knockdown

Envenomed Blades  16           Self +Toxic Damage on all attacks

Dragon's Tail            20           PBAoE Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockdown

Caltrops                   28            Ranged (Location AoE), Minor DoT(Lethal), Foe -Speed

Masterful Throw      35           Sniper, Extreme DMG(Lethal), Chance for DoT (Lethal)

Explosive Shuriken  38           Ranged, Superior DMG(Fire), Minor Splash Damage (Fire DoT)

Edited by UltraAlt
"shuriken attacks" replacing "martial arts attacks"

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I do think power customization with an existing set is the way to go.

Also, arm casts for Assault rifle that remove the gun entirely. I'd rock that awful set if I spice it up to make a bootleg jango fett

• Like 1

Resident certified baby

On 1/2/2022 at 1:18 PM, Lazarillo said:

For some reason this reminds me of when Dual Blades first came out, and people kept asking for the "main gauche" option to be usable in both hands, and BaBs pitched an absolute fit on the forums because "NO! MAIN GAUCHE MEANS LEFT HAND YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON THE RIGHT!", and after a couple weeks of people asking repeatedly, the "main droite" appeared as an option to be put on characters' right hands.

For which I am grateful.  Again some of us are left hand dominant when it comes to weapons.   Yet I write with my right hand.  I'm weird,basically.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1