Youtube rules on the forums

Darkir

On 3/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, momentarygrace said:

I want to say the FishCam was the first internet live cam. In fact, since I want to say it, I will. 🙂

No; that would be the live cam of the Trojan Room coffee pot at the University of Cambridge. The camera was set up in 1991 and migrated from the internal lab network to the web in 1993.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2022 at 5:17 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Not sure if real post or suspicious 🤔 

Totes suspicious - both of them.

The post being replied to is from someone promoting a paid service and who had two posts ever.

Then the reply promotes a different paid service and is from someone with only a single post ever.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 8 months later
1 hour ago, Puhantnf said:

It's been a while since I last checked, but I remember not being able to post videos here.

There's no restriction to doing videos of the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

But polite society says they should at least be good.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

6 hours ago, Puhantnf said:

It's been a while since I last checked, but I remember not being able to post videos here.

The prohibition was lifted 14 months before your account was created.

The thread you dredged up specifies in the second post that there's no longer a restriction.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• 9 months later
On 9/14/2023 at 3:36 PM, Puhantnf said:

I've been wondering about that, too. It's been a while since I last checked, but I remember being unable to post videos here. Hopefully, they've loosened up the rules now! Sharing gameplay videos for build comparisons would be super helpful for everyone. I also post such videos on my YouTube channel and Buy YouTube Views Package to promote it.
Let's hope someone can give us the latest scoop on this!

YouTube has clear rules and guidelines that cover community standards, copyright, monetization, content policies, and terms of service. Creators need to understand and comply with these rules to maintain a positive presence on the platform.

Edited by apolloorion

On 9/14/2023 at 6:36 AM, Puhantnf said:

It's been a while since I last checked, but I remember being unable to post videos here.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, apolloorion said:

YouTube has clear rules and guidelines that cover community standards, copyright, monetization, content policies, and terms of service. Creators need to understand and comply with these rules to maintain a positive presence on the platform.

On 1/4/2024 at 9:34 AM, Homecoming said:

Announcement FAQ

<snip>

What does this mean for live streaming and YouTube videos?
Live streaming and YouTube videos of gameplay footage on Homecoming will continue to be permitted. Monetization is also permitted, but all video content must be free for the viewer to access (ie: no paywalled content).

Our Code of Conduct applies to any video content created, and we will take action against players who create videos featuring violations of the Code of Conduct, including those that feature or use third-party copyrighted content. For more examples of what kind of content is permitted in City of Heroes streams, please see our Code of Conduct.

Will there be any changes to the Code of Conduct or Terms of Service?
The existing User Agreement has been superseded by our new Terms of Service. The Code of Conduct and Privacy Policy have also received minor updates.

<snip>

Here is another piece of info regarding videos and streaming of CoH

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Is there some odd rule this thread needs to be revisited every 8-9 months?   I know a few vampire that like to sleep 40-60 years at a time then hop up and study the changes.  Is this similar?

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

Is there some odd rule this thread needs to be revisited every 8-9 months?   I know a few vampire that like to sleep 40-60 years at a time then hop up and study the changes.  Is this similar?

Yes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Whether the person is new or veteran, always an opportunity for positive community engagement and sharing the link to the policy/terms on the topic. 

As for the people that ask, I think it is just CYA or assurance that if you broadcasted 30 seconds of a costume contest you don't get banned or contribute to COH going away again.   

On a similar but different topic that repeats, I am certain at any moment there is a going to be a post for "how can I get my characters back from Live servers?"

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

36 minutes ago, starro said:
8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Whether the person is new or veteran, always an opportunity for positive community engagement and sharing the link to the policy/terms on the topic. 

As for the people that ask, I think it is just CYA or assurance that if you broadcasted 30 seconds of a costume contest you don't get banned or contribute to COH going away again.   

On a similar but different topic that repeats, I am certain at any moment there is a going to be a post for "how can I get my characters back from Live servers?"

"Why did my character get gen'd?!2?!?1!eleventy-eleven!!11!??2!12?" comes around far more frequently.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

"Why did my character get gen'd?!2?!?1!eleventy-eleven!!11!??2!12?" comes around far more frequently.

Not gonna lie.  Those are my favorite!

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 3/14/2022 at 12:28 PM, momentarygrace said:

I want to say the FishCam was the first internet live cam. In fact, since I want to say it, I will. 🙂

I believe the first was the Cambridge Coffee Cam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Room_coffee_pot.

(Disclaimer: I used to work on the Internet in ancient days, but I never spent work time and bandwidth watching coffee or Jenni. Nuh uh.)

Edited by DoctorDitko
why not?
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 12/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, srmalloy said:

No; that would be the live cam of the Trojan Room coffee pot at the University of Cambridge. The camera was set up in 1991 and migrated from the internal lab network to the web in 1993.

Ah, ya beat me to it!

Only by about 2 and a half years, though!

I miss the days when the Internet was not allowed to be used for direct profit!

The beginning of the end:

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/08/12/business/attention-shoppers-internet-is-open.html

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

The first rule of YouTube on the forums is that we never talk about YouTube on the forums.

Give you up: Never.

Let you down: Never.

Run away and desert you: Never.

You've been Rikti rolled!

Screenshot 2024-06-16 14.51.43(2).png

• Haha 5
  • Banjo 1