Will Regen ever be reworked?

Solarverse

15 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Ran it once with my main. My time compared to others in that thread leads straight into:

My build is in my sig, I have no procs at all in my attacks other than a Knock Down in my AoE, heh.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I wish more players would run the Trapdoor sets and posts times and videos.

It's a great way to see how your build holds up in normal content and not a 801 or plyon test.

Call me crazy, but I don't deem soloing +4/x8 as normal content. I don't have a good standard for what is. I just try to find the ideal setting for builds where I can go maps with as little changing of my diff setting as possible. Certain missions just require lowering the diff setting and are found in various normal arcs, see keeping an NPC alive.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

9 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Call me crazy, but I don't deem soloing +4/x8 as normal content. I don't have a good standard for what is. I just try to find the ideal setting for builds where I can go maps with as little changing of my diff setting as possible. Certain missions just require lowering the diff setting and are found in various normal arcs, see keeping an NPC alive.

Fair enough. I figured only power builders would ever run this test.

Lots of folks say this and that about their builds. I have certainly thought some of my builds were the bee's knees. Only to have them crash and burn on this test in terms of time.

Anyway, this is off topic.

4 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Lots of folks say this and that about their builds. I have certainly thought some of my builds were the bee's knees. Only to have them crash and burn on this test in terms of time.

It most certainly has me curious.

Regeneration *should* be a toggle, if we use comics as the source material heroes don't concentrate to regenerate it just happens. 

Healing on the other hand requires concentration ie a clickie. There is a reason its often an unused set, it sucks between it and Fiery melee and KM they are probably the least used sets.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

6 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Regeneration *should* be a toggle, if we use comics as the source material heroes don't concentrate to regenerate it just happens. 

Healing on the other hand requires concentration ie a clickie. There is a reason its often an unused set, it sucks between it and Fiery melee and KM they are probably the least used sets.

I went and looked at the stats thread and Fiery Melee can rank decently in some ATs.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

What ones? Blasters and dom's? It sucks imo on the big 3 (tank/broot/scrpr)

Tank: 3rd.

Scrapper: 16th,

Brute: 8th.

• Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Color me shocked on the tank, I've never seen any. The other 2 not surprised. 

Likely due to theme pairing once you stop pairing FA with Spines and Rad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

They overbuffed it, then doubled down by overbuffing tanks and now my shield/nrg tank has the same ST damage output as my claws/sr scrapper.

Cuz that makes PERFECT sense.

Wait. So the best single target Tanker damage set does the same amount of damage as the worst single target Scrapper damage set? That sounds like how it should be to me.

And are you talking about a damage proc build? If so then that invalidates your argument in its entirety, because you're talking about the procs' damage not the ATs' damage.

• Thumbs Down 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Wait. So the best single target Tanker damage set does the same amount of damage as the worst single target Scrapper damage set? That sounds like how it should be to me.

And are you talking about a damage proc build? If so then that invalidates your argument in its entirety, because you're talking about the procs' damage not the ATs' damage.

In what reality is claws the worst ST set? Cuz it's not this one. For the record, my claws/bio scrap is behind my nrg/bio scrap by seconds, not minutes. Too bad I can't create a claws/shield scrapper.

And no, not talking about procmonster builds. I don't run them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

In what reality is claws the worst ST set? Cuz it's not this one.

In the reality where I'm clearly mistaken. I thought Claws was the worst at single target damage. But what do I know, I thought that Fiery Melee was still the king of melee AoE damage. Thank you for correcting my misinformation.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread.

OP, if you want great regen set, my suggestion is to just play Willpower. It's greeaaaat! 😁

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

12 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

In the reality where I'm clearly mistaken. I thought Claws was the worst at single target damage. But what do I know, I thought that Fiery Melee was still the king of melee AoE damage. Thank you for correcting my misinformation.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread.

OP, if you want great regen set, my suggestion is to just play Willpower. It's greeaaaat! 😁

It's highly resisted. So it may not be the lowest (actually, I always thought it was too) but it is a hell of a lot more resisted than Energy. So there is a lot at play there and many variables. So you are not completely wrong.

41 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

It's highly resisted. So it may not be the lowest (actually, I always thought it was too) but it is a hell of a lot more resisted than Energy. So there is a lot at play there and many variables. So you are not completely wrong.

Poor toxic 

14 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I am honestly just now trying out Regen again since it was nerfed back on live when Instant Healing was changed from a toggle to a to a click. When that happened, it really just killed the set for me and I would assume many others. The set simply just doesn't stack up compared to...well, pretty much every other set out there. I may not even finish this toon because I am only playing as a Regen out of nostalgia rather than actual survivability. IMO the set just isn't viable when you have others that are light years beyond it.

Has there been any talk from the Devs on Discord about maybe giving Regen a new life? I know nothing has been said on these forums to the best of my knowledge, just hope to see the set be something worth playing again some time in the near future.

It simply isn't what is once was.  Not sure they are willing to look into this.  I wish they would as I tried it a year or so ago and found it just not worth taking compared to others.  Nostalgia was my motivation in trying it again.

edit:  Alternatively, I might have incorrectly remember it being better then than now...

Edited by wjrasmussen
amplify answer

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Right? I wish we would get powersets that are based on Toxic damage. All we get are toxic DoTs after the main part of Lethal Damage.

According to @Galaxy Brain's data compilation, Toxic is the worst damage type for players to use.  It's not the most frequently resisted, but it is heavily resisted by those who do resist it, so much so that it out-ranks Smashing and Lethal.

Trying to progress when you hit Toxic resistance... you'd have to resort to pool attacks, temp powers and a lot of swearing.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

43 minutes ago, Luminara said:

According to @Galaxy Brain's data compilation, Toxic is the worst damage type for players to use.  It's not the most frequently resisted, but it is heavily resisted by those who do resist it, so much so that it out-ranks Smashing and Lethal.

Trying to progress when you hit Toxic resistance... you'd have to resort to pool attacks, temp powers and a lot of swearing.

Oh I know. SOA venom nade deals -40% toxic resists, -20% resists for the rest. I have a lot of motivation to find good toxic attacks.

I have tried every toxic pool power in the game. The only decent pure toxic attack is poisonous ray.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Luminara said:

But in the hands of a Corruptor who could debuff resistance, it could be the stuff dreams are made of.  🙂

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Is it time I dust this off again?

Radiation Armor also outheals Bio (not in efficient)  Everyone sleeps on Rad Armor.

Too bad it doesn't have any defense.  If you want better Regen, just play Rad.  It's still below everything with defense though.

Edited by DarknessEternal
  • Thumbs Up 1