Will Regen ever be reworked?

Solarverse

4 hours ago, kiramon said:

I made a lot of stalkers at one point - and every one of them could run off in 8x4 in a group and solo packs without breaking a sweat.

Except my regen lol 😂 

That's strange. For me it would be "Especially my regen lol 😆"

On 1/20/2022 at 8:36 AM, KaizenSoze said:

I wish more players would run the Trapdoor sets and posts times and videos.

So I am on my third run using a non-incarnate brute (Stone Melee/Regeneration) I've been using to test solo ITFs. It does have accolades.

I'm not using any inspirations or boosts. I can use buildup or wait for it if I get blinded, though it is not happening often.

Not gonna set any records but more importantly, not in any dire danger either.

It is does help to prioritize targets. For this character on this mission, -recharge and -endurance debuffers. -Recharge being the priority but even that Mu in the back of the group will eventually cause an issue.

Could speed up by dragging groups together but not sure if it's kosher to jump down to the next level without clearing.

7 hours ago, arcane said:

MoG->3 other click powers to survive on for ~45-60 seconds until next MoG->rinse repeat.

Sometimes this is totally the case when going fast. MoG is up for the next two groups to aggro together.

Most of the time it just sits there behind Dull Pain & Instant Healing.

On the Trapdoor runs above. Dull Pain is usually enough leaving Instant Healing and MoG unused.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, Troo said:

That's strange. For me it would be "Especially my regen lol 😆"

So I am on my third run using a non-incarnate brute (Stone Melee/Regeneration) I've been using to test solo ITFs. It does have accolades.

I'm not using any inspirations or boosts. I can use buildup or wait for it if I get blinded, though it is not happening often.

Not gonna set any records but more importantly, not in any dire danger either.

It is does help to prioritize targets. For this character on this mission, -recharge and -endurance debuffers. -Recharge being the priority but even that Mu in the back of the group will eventually cause an issue.

Could speed up by dragging groups together but not sure if it's kosher to jump down to the next level without clearing.

Sometimes this is totally the case when going fast. MoG is up for the next two groups to aggro together.

Most of the time it just sits there behind Dull Pain & Instant Healing.

On the Trapdoor runs above. Dull Pain is usually enough leaving Instant Healing and MoG unused.

If you guys like it as is, fine. Doesn't bother me a single bit if it never changes. I tried it out again and didn't like it. It's survival is just poop. But I have not played the set until last week in over 14 years, I can go another 14 years if need be. Maybe by then people will finally be sick of it enough that they stop defending it like it's just so wonderful.  😄

Tongue in cheek comment there, had to, lol.

I would like to be fair and logical for a moment and add, that we are not supposed to be balancing power sets around IO's. Every time somebody has a gripe about a power set though, it would seem most players want to talk about their ubber IO builds to defend the set. That's not how we are supposed to be balancing the game last I checked. Take IO's out of the equation and Regen is the squishiest set in game. There is a reason I have literally never seen anybody play the secondary. People avoid power sets for a reason...and for people to avoid a power set that is as iconic as Regen, that should tells us all something that should be loud and clear. The deafening silence of the lack of Regen players in this game should drown out any and all touts of how awesome the set is. The deafening silence speaks for itself.

Edited by Solarverse
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

friendly p.s.a.

"/regeneration is the most popular secondary" (in the game)

and just in case someone feels compelled to retort with "but they never make it to 50"

Spoiler

secondary.png

Edited by Troo
fyi - I'd love to see some new updated stats
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

45 minutes ago, Troo said:

friendly p.s.a.

and just in case someone feels compelled to retort with "but they never make it to 50"

Hide contents

secondary.png

Wow, that has a lot of surprising stuff on there. Not surprised to see Bio and Shield up there, but I can't believe EA is so low and Regen so high. 

9 minutes ago, A Cat said:

Wow, that has a lot of surprising stuff on there. Not surprised to see Bio and Shield up there, but I can't believe EA is so low and Regen so high. 

Take it with a grain of salt. Recent changes may have shuffled and elevated some.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:36 AM, KaizenSoze said:

I wish more players would run the Trapdoor sets and posts times and videos.

Update: Stone Melee/Regeneration Brute (good but not non-dialed in build, no incarnates, boosts or inspirations)

Trap Door Runs: Averaged 15-18 minutes. (Lots of misses.. so many)

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Troo said:

friendly p.s.a.

Hide contents

secondary.png

That is wild indeed, considering I have yet to witness anyone with Regen as their secondary. Kind of blows my mind really. However, I will say this, is it feasible that people are power-leveling to 50, finding out how horrible it is and not playing them? So now they are just level 50 Regen Scrappers being shelved? I wish we had a time played chart rather than a chart that shows how many exist.

50 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

That is wild indeed, considering I have yet to witness anyone with Regen as their secondary. Kind of blows my mind really. However, I will say this, is it feasible that people are power-leveling to 50, finding out how horrible it is and not playing them? So now they are just level 50 Regen Scrappers being shelved? I wish we had a time played chart rather than a chart that shows how many exist.

Inevitable. How many players get a level 50 and then constantly play that lvl 50 nearly every login? It will get less and less the more 50s you get. It should be seen as common or even encouraged to shelve a character when a player finds a new flavor-of-the-week. It's bad enough players might get bored or burnt out so I wouldn't encourage too much to linger in "end game" unless tackling certain challenges like solo TFs, RP builds, badge collection, ect, most of which might actually benefit from a lower powered armor set as you're deliberately trying to challenge yourself.

@Marshal_General Those numbers are all available, though new numbers would be helpful.

@Solarverse The numbers included breakdowns of counts at 32, 49, & 50.

@Naraka Regeneration likely benefits among the most of melee power sets in endgame where team buffs are so prevalent. Easy example: A Super Reflexes character might not benefit as much from +def team buffs. Regen soaks up team buffs where they may be wasted on some power sets.

You all have valid points. Just don't sleep on a character that gets 1500-1600% regeneration on 2000hp and easy moderate defense from sets and pools. I appreciate bringing attention to some weaknesses that could be addressed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Regen is picked for a Scrapper partly due to Wolverine. You can absolutely see a meta in what sets and combos are picked most often which can have little to do with how good an actual set is. I would also add some of it might be due to PvP although I honestly don't know how much of that is done here as the zones and forum here for it are rarely active. See Psionic Melee ranking high for a Stalker. I say this as someone who plays redside and thus needs PvP zone badges.

I do see people playing Regen, but it isn't a lot. Certainly not the most popular.

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 minutes ago, Troo said:

You all have valid points. Just don't sleep on a character that gets 1500-1600% regeneration on 2000hp and easy moderate defense from sets and pools. I appreciate bringing attention to some weaknesses that could be addressed.

The problem is debuffs and specifically debuffs which target the few things Regen actual does do.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I’m sure I’ll be dismissed per usual for using IO’s and Incarnates or not testing on the Aeon SF or Rularuu or Carnies yet, but my latest Regen reboot has been nothing but positive so far. 

Running off solo over and over in KM ITF’s, I am easily able to handle +4x8 groups. Sure it’s easier content but it’s notable that I was scarcely tested enough to even pop an insp. I popped a few insps approximately once or twice per TF. This basically only happened when I did two Nictus/Cyst groups solo right next to each other and in rapid succession. The first time this happens, Burnout is enough and I still don’t need insps. If I double up on soloing too many nictus mobs in mission 2 within Burnout’s fat recharge time, though, I needed 2-3 greens to survive until my next MoG/etc cycle.

Is this testing up to scratch with the MLTF-soloing power squad here? No. Do I sense the set is in a horrible place that is beyond saving if you manage your 4 click powers appropriately? No.

This was with Ageless Radial fyi. All other Incarnates are ofc for offense.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

696.gif

edit: aww, @Solarverse ...just a joke, buddy - no need to thumb-down!
after thousands of hours playtime & a couple really successful builds, agree Regen could use some sensible fixes... but despite all-manner of controlled testing, maths, & unity on reasonable conclusions... it just never happens. it's all out there, many times over, even before HC... but until those who have time to code take an interest & start the convo with a genuine resolute, we're still in the same feedback loop.

also, i love horses  ;D

Edited by Krazie Ivan
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

15 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

696.gif

edit: aww, @Solarverse ...just a joke, buddy - no need to thumb-down!
after thousands of hours playtime & a couple really successful builds, agree Regen could use some sensible fixes... but despite all-manner of controlled testing, maths, & unity on reasonable conclusions... it just never happens. it's all out there, many times over, even before HC... but until those who have time to code take an interest & start the convo with a genuine resolute, we're still in the same feedback loop.

also, i love horses  ;D

Energy Melee was a dead horse too, but people kept talking about it. Had nobody ever talked about it for fear of beating a dead horse, the Devs may have never came up with a solution. I don't see the logic in keeping silent about the subject. If somebody owes me money, they won't be very motivated to pay me back if I never ask them about the money they owe me. Same with topics such as these, if something needs looked at, it won't get looked at if the players don't bring the subject up from time to time. Posting memes of beating a dead horse only undermines and makes a mockery out of the subject. That is why I gave it a thumbs down. Nothing personal, I just didn't want to show support to the gesture by laughing at it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Energy Melee was a dead horse too, but people kept talking about it. Had nobody ever talked about it for fear of beating a dead horse, the Devs may have never came up with a solution. I don't see the logic in keeping silent about the subject. If somebody owes me money, they won't be very motivated to pay me back if I never ask them about the money they owe me. Same with topics such as these, if something needs looked at, it won't get looked at if the players don't bring the subject up from time to time. Posting memes of beating a dead horse only undermines and makes a mockery out of the subject. That is why I gave it a thumbs down. Nothing personal, I just didn't want to show support to the gesture by laughing at it.

Why so srs homie

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Posting memes of beating a dead horse only undermines and makes a mockery out of the subject. That is why I gave it a thumbs down. Nothing personal, I just didn't want to show support to the gesture by laughing at it.

understandable pov, & didn't intend to be dismissive of your passion for this. feels far less serious a subject to me (and like i said, THOUSANDS of Regen hrs clocked - loved the set)... sometimes a lil laugh is needed ;D

imho, if you feel it really important to see Regen fixes, find those who make it happen & keep pleading the case directly. every server/iteration has had it's cliques of those who can get things done, and players they befriend/prefer to listen to... all the way back to Live. keep your stick on the ice!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

imho, if you feel it really important to see Regen fixes, find those who make it happen & keep pleading the case directly.

This is why we post on the forums. It's the only way we have to communicate with the developers.

Discord too I suppose, but I haven't seen any of the developers in voice and there's no way they could possibly read through all of the unorganized text in those channels.

• Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:04 AM, Without_Pause said:

Regen is picked for a Scrapper partly due to Wolverine.

It didn't help that you could create some amazingly close reproductions of his costumes in the character creator; before Marvel stepped in with their suit, it was hard to go anywhere without seeing at least one Claws/Regen Scrapper named "xXxWolverinexXx" or something similar.

42 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

It didn't help that you could create some amazingly close reproductions of his costumes in the character creator; before Marvel stepped in with their suit, it was hard to go anywhere without seeing at least one Claws/Regen Scrapper named "xXxWolverinexXx" or something similar.

Coming up with original and clever names is hard, okay?

125391146_ctrlaltdel-online_20090902-DarthGokuverine.thumb.jpg.1438bcda5ce1e55e0a1f92b49b76f168.jpg

• Haha 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.