Will Regen ever be reworked?

Solarverse

9 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

But in the hands of a Corruptor who could debuff resistance, it could be the stuff dreams are made of.  🙂

There wouldn't be a reasonable balance point for it in that scenario.  Resistance resists -Resistance, so you'd need some insane numbers on your -Resistance to make it work well on critters with Toxic resistance.  And piling up that much -Resistance in every other situation would be ridiculously over-powered.  There'd have to be a balance pass on critters to reduce the Toxic outliers to reasonable resistance levels before it would be tolerable.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

No they are not done NERFING Regeneration. They have sent emails to Thor and are requesting him to hit it several thousand times with MJOLLNIR seeing how the bats the developers are using are not sufficient enough to NERF it down to the lowest level of hell.

Edited by RCU7115
Word corrections

9 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Another though about regen buffs. Probably already been suggested. Alpha strikes are the biggest weakness on regen. An constantly regenerating absorb shield could provide the buffer needed to handle the alpha.

Interestingly, Sentinels (and ONLY Sentinels) already get exactly this power.  It's called 'Instant Regeneration' and it's a toggle that builds up an Absorption shield.  I don't know the max shield offhand.  My /regen Sentinel is 37 so far and the set feels really strong on a Sentinel.  My main is a broadsword/regen scrapper.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

52 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Interestingly, Sentinels (and ONLY Sentinels) already get exactly this power.  It's called 'Instant Regeneration' and it's a toggle that builds up an Absorption shield.  I don't know the max shield offhand.  My /regen Sentinel is 37 so far and the set feels really strong on a Sentinel.  My main is a broadsword/regen scrapper.

Post the build!!!!

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

11 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

The problem is coming up something that is not a willpower clone.

The concept in my mind falls inline with idea of regen, Wolverine.

What's funny is they made Willpower a better Wolverine set by adding Heightened Senses.

15 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

They overbuffed it, then doubled down by overbuffing tanks and now my shield/nrg tank has the same ST damage output as my claws/sr scrapper.

Cuz that makes PERFECT sense.

The way God intended.

• Like 1

Resident certified baby

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You know... He turned me into a Devil because He was wrong.

Tankers are His chosen people, Bill. Just because you have chosen to forsake Him and His gifts, all for the Scrapper menace, doesnt make His plan any less flawless.

Now excuse me, while I continue to try to level my SM/SR scrapper to 50

• Like 1

Resident certified baby

28 minutes ago, arcane said:

I need to respec my regen brute to finetune it, but my experience was always positive. Most regen critics conflate “clicky” with “bad” to a misleading extent.

I'm kind of seeing this, too. Although, there a couple of powers that I thought were always on that seem to be one-time uses now. I apologize for the vagueness, but 17 years does a number on a memory of a game..lol

Granted, I'm only at 24 right now, but I think expectations is key. Can my Scrapper solo 5-6 villains of +1? No, but I'm not sure that it ever could or if I want it to.

Some of my best gaming times were cleaning up a blasters mess or whittling away the pile of enemies on my tanker.

Everyone's wants and playing styles are different, though. I think I'd just like a little more "oomph" in a couple of powers, but I don't need to solo Thanos or anything...

• Thumbs Up 2

The problem regen has is if the self healing is too much you’ll never die, but if it’s not enough it can feel useless. More so then defence and resist.

I would suggest some scaling regen whereby the lower health you get the more regen you get. So it varies depending on the %health of your character. Might add some interesting dynamics.

Also some automatic healing procs when you get critical might be fun too - like preventative medicine but with more tailored triggers. Sort of a temporary stabiliser. 

Also more +max hp for the set.

I think the above would make it quite fun.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

7 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

The problem regen has is if the self healing is too much you’ll never die, but if it’s not enough it can feel useless. More so then defence and resist.

I would suggest some scaling regen whereby the lower health you get the more regen you get. So it varies depending on the %health of your character. Might add some interesting dynamics.

Also some automatic healing procs when you get critical might be fun too - like preventative medicine but with more tailored triggers. Sort of a temporary stabiliser. 

Also more +max hp for the set.

I think the above would make it quite fun.

Even back when Regen was "Over Powered," when you compare yesteryear's Regeneration to today's IO builds, it's not. IMO, Instant Healing should be granted half the Regeneration it provides now, be made a toggle, and MoG should be turned in to what Instant Healing is now and the High Defense and Resistance MoG gives should be minor and cut down to 1/4 of what it is today. In my opinion that should make Regen viable and comparable to other builds.

Edited by Solarverse

Give Resilience the Stone Skin treatment and have it give +def to all on top of the +res. Give Integration resistance to -regen, -recovery, and slow. Slightly reduce the recharge on Instant Healing.

And then port it to Tankers

• Like 3

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

8 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Even back when Regen was "Over Powered," when you compare yesteryear's Regeneration to today's IO builds, it's not. IMO, Instant Healing should be granted half the Regeneration it provides now, be made a toggle, and MoG should be turned in to what Instant Healing is now and the High Defense and Resistance MoG gives should be minor and cut down to 1/4 of what it is today. In my opinion that should make Regen viable and comparable to other builds.

You can pry the current version of MoG from my cold dead hands.

It’s one of the two best god mode powers in the game right now, along with Icy Bastion.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Give Resilience the Stone Skin treatment and have it give +def to all on top of the +res. Give Integration resistance to -regen, -recovery, and slow.

Also would recommend considering the  possibility of a +20% recharge buff somewhere since so many sets get that now, but, otherwise, these are the kinds of modest tweaks that would be welcome but not overpowered.

20 minutes ago, arcane said:

You can pry the current version of MoG from my cold dead hands.

It’s one of the two best god mode powers in the game right now, along with Icy Bastion.

Your hands don't plan on going cold any time soon, do they?  😄

42 minutes ago, arcane said:

It’s one of the two best god mode powers in the game right now

+1

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I refreshed my Ice/Regen Brute’s build last night. We’ll see how it goes. My memory of past times with it have always been that it’s effectively as good as the next set as long as you’re mindful of cycling all 4 of your Regen click powers. Basically it seems to play like your goal is “MoG->3 other click powers to survive on for ~45-60 seconds until next MoG->rinse repeat.” I snagged Burnout this time as a failsafe for the rare occasion all 3 clicks are not enough to make it to the next MoG.

Barrier Core and Ageless Radial both help too, which one depending on the content. Think I’d prefer Ageless Radial since Regen has vulnerabilities to even more than just defense debuffs.

Edited by arcane

Having played during the times when Instant Healing was a wonderful toggle, I have attempted to get that level of healing regeneration in this day and age with IO sets. The best I could do was around 60HP/per sec regenerated on a Sentinel. Unfortunately, that is no where near as good as it once was on a Scrapper (not arguing it should be comparable for Sentinels, just my experience between the two ATs).

If folks really want to regenerate fast, hell even faster than they could during toggle IH days, try using Rest 😁

• Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png